You kids have it so easy these days in building a computer....

Arct1c0n

I still remember those days. When i built my first computer when i was 11 (18 years ago... gee im old) It was alot more complicated.

When i built tiddles last year with my little brother who is early 20's and never built one himself, i was shocked to see the motherboard told you where to plug things in, that certain things wern't needed anymore and man the BIOS when it came up on my screen nearly gave me a heart attack because it wasn't blue and white!!!

Asus UFEI BIOS i love you man.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

HAHAHAH

PETA

HAHAHAHA

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Bitch pls. This is what I bring to school erryday.

DSC00658_zpsc8a92b66.jpg

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I remember having to upgrade to 256mb's of RAM to play FIFA 2003 lol

Pfffft....   I remember when I had to BEG my parents to upgrade our Trident video card on our DK Pentium 33mhz machine back in 1993 with 8megs of VRAM so I could play SimCity 2000

Pfffft....   I remember when I had to BEG my parents to upgrade our Trident video card on our DK Pentium 33mhz machine back in 1993 with 8megs of VRAM so I could play SimCity 2000

Lol, I remember having to use my Mum's old 386 with its 85MB HDD, 4MB RAM and 5.25" floppy disks (the HDD was for booting only-which is why its still working) until 2003, when I got use of her old Pentium 3 667 desktop (128MB RAM, Windows 95-she'd just bought a P4 laptop)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

lol, tried playing simcity 2000 the other day (it was origons free game of the month)....Long story short dosbox does not like my 5960x.

lol, tried playing simcity 2000 the other day (it was origons free game of the month)....Long story short dosbox does not like my 5960x.

And that is why you always keep an old computer with Win XP on hand.

PMSL

As another individual who was starting to build in the late '90s, nearly all of those I do remember, lol (some I did!) 

I remember when I bought my Voodoo 5-5500, 64MB I believe for my Pentium III - 750MHZ build, lol it cost me almost $500 CAD!!

Ahhh those were the days.....

Thought this might be interesting. It's a problem from slightly after the origonal post, without a lot of the resources you'd expect in the year 2000+

When I was fishing. (commercially, about 2004ish) We had a lightning strike about 20 M off the port side, fried everything electronic on the boat. I wound up salvaging 3 GPS units(I wound up sacrificing my brand new phone as it was switched off at the time) And two pentium level computers to get One computer and one GPS unit (my phone's and the original antenna) This took me about 36 hours of constant work testing, and scrapping parts without manuals. Just to load up maps, and a GPS signal so we could get back to port (we were about 400 Miles off the coast at the time)

BTW saltwater was a constant problem on the graphics cards. My toothbrush was my best friend for cleaning up contacts.

Time to build a retro PC. :D

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Time to build a retro PC. :D

You want a slot 1 mobo for that, or S370. And what level Celeron/Pentium 3?  :P

PMSL