AT&T CEO: 'There Will Be Litigation' on Net Neutrality

456484-net-neutrality.jpg?thumb=y&width=

If the FCC is committed to its current path, "there will be litigation," Randall Stephenson told CNBC.

Oh AT&T, can't you just get with the program instead of bringing the lawyers into everything? Lawyers take the fun out of everything, threats about using lawyers is even less fun. Do you guys not like fun? I guess not. 

I hope AT&T understands that if the FCC votes in favour of this, they'll have all the backing the government has. Including access to as much money as they need to put these ISPs and carriers into line. Lawsuits? Is that really a good idea? You want some bored government lawyer saying "ATT suing the government? I'm bored, I'll take the case"

If the vote fails, so be it. If it succeeds, these greedy goons better pray they don't get abused. 

AT&T chief Randall Stephenson is pushing back on the FCC's net neutrality plan, telling CNBC that lawsuits are likely in the cards. 

If the FCC is committed to its current path, "there will be litigation," Stephenson said during a Friday CNBC interview.

He stopped short of saying that AT&T will file that suit; it "may take the form of industry movement," he speculated. But however it happens, "it's quite certain" that a lawsuit is on the horizon.

Stephenson didn't elaborate on the grounds for such a lawsuit, though he did say that the industry will likely ask for a delay in the implementation of whatever rules the FCC votes on later this month.

He pointed to advancements and investment in mobile and fixed Internet services over the last few years. "How do you preserve that and maybe even accelerate that? I think most people, their first answer would not be, regulate the Internet end to end."

AT&T has already taken action in response to the FCC's plan. When the idea of reclassification was first floated, AT&T "paused" the rollout of its gigabit Internet service.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476844,00.asp?fullsite=true

well... at&t can be a major dick somtimes but its my favorite ISP simply because the customer service is... passable unlike comcast.. jesus fucking crist i once called the comcast guy a motherfucker because he blew my patience

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Of course there will, it's the American Way

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

They are scared of losing their honey pot. Now that they have most of their current infrastructure set up they want to milk profits on crappy internet service for as long as possible. Besides, they already have paid the lawyers. Put them to work right. Of course the US developed laws long ago to combat trusts and monopolies. I think its about time we rewrite the antitrust laws for the 21st century.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

ugh stupid isp all the FCC is going to do is put ISP's under common carrier something that THEY WERE before 2002 when they got reclassified as "service provider"  which, is what started this BS.

this is a classic example of a company having way to much power and nobody to reign them in

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

If net neutrality ends I will no longer be on the internet.

Dont do this to the world you greedy companies

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just stop AT&T and face the music that has long been waiting for you since 2003

Of course they will, so will Verizon and probably Comcast. I'm glad they're going to fight it because if the FCC wins then there is nothing those assholes can do about it anymore, they will be fully legally bound by the FCCs regulations.

Not sure how you can litigate this action. This regulation would be designed to protect the consumer and create protection for smaller companies being squeezed out of markets. They must be scared that once gigabit connections become commonplace a new generation of Internet based cable providers will rise with high quality HD service killing not only their stranglehold on Internet speed and killing their cable subscriptions. IMO the future of TV will be over the internet since copper lines don't have room for bitrate expansion that fiber will. Bring me gigabit internet with an a la carte cable package please.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

At&t at it again. 

eCkyv.jpg

These older companies need to adapt or die off. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Why doesn't AT&T act more like Cox Communications?  I just had my 50Mbps upgraded to 100Mbps this month for no rise in my cost, $77.  They decided to get a jump start on having better prices for higher speeds just in case they get classified as Title II.  I just gained that much more respect for Cox. :)

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

At&t at it again. 

eCkyv.jpg

These older companies need to adapt or die off. 

zUUL!

Why doesn't AT&T act more like Cox Communications?  I just had my 50Mbps upgraded to 100Mbps this month for no rise in my cost, $77.  They decided to get a jump start on having better prices for higher speeds just in case they get classified as Title II.  I just gained that much more respect for Cox. :)

That gives me the warm fuzzies! :)

I hope AT&T gets stuck with the governments lawyer bill like the tobacco companies that sued the Australia goverment. John Oliver has a great episode on that if anyone is interested in some great laughs.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I hope AT&T gets stuck with the governments lawyer bill like the tobacco companies that sued the Australia goverment. John Oliver has a great episode on that if anyone is interested in some great laughs.

John Oliver is pretty awesome.

seLvWA.jpg

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10