Bioware developer promises new Mass Effect singleplayer “will be massive”

TwistedDictator

masseffect-1021x580.jpeg

_______________________________________________________________________________________

After the multiplayer announcement many fans may have gotten concerned about the singleplayer mode for the upcoming Mass Effect but Wynn has some reassurance for the fans. ChrisWynn tweeted the game will have a massive singleplayer mode

“If anyone is concerned that online will take away from single player, I assure you that SP will be MASSIVE in the next Mass Effect.”

A fan tweeted Chris “promise me you’re taking good care of the next mass effect please because I’m super nervous” with that Chris replied with “I promise and will even pinky swear.”

Source

I was disappointed with ME3 to be honest. Will it be bigger then Skyrim? Will it be better then Skyrim with VR lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Too bad it's like ME3 and takes data from previous games... 

*Gets Destruction ending*

"Can't wait to play Mass Effect Herp-a-Derp!!"

"Your galaxy has been destroyed, please replay the Mass Effect trilogy and come back :D"

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Dragon Age: Inquisition was good, but I hope they don't give the same treatment to the next Mass Effect. I don't want this "massive single player" to mean they throw a bunch of boring fetch quests in there to pad the length.

Too bad it's like ME3 and takes data from previous games... 

*Get's Destruction ending*

"Can't wait to play Mass Effect Herp-a-Derp!!"

"Your system has been destroyed, please replay Mass Effect and come back :D"

Where have you heard that? I thought I recall them saying that the next Mass Effect game was supposed to be a clean start. I mean, the implications of the Destroy/Control/Synthesis endings are wayyyy too different for them to *all* be in the next game.

Urgh, I still don't see why there needs to be multiplayer... 2 weeks after launch no one plays it anymore.

However as long as it has a bigger single player than the games from the trilogy I should be okay with it.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Dragon Age: Inquisition was good, but I hope they don't give the same treatment to the next Mass Effect. I don't want this "massive single player" to mean they throw a bunch of boring fetch quests in there to pad the length.

Where have you heard that? I thought I recall them saying that the next Mass Effect game was supposed to be a clean start. I mean, the implications of the Destroy/Control/Synthesis endings are wayyyy too different for them to *all* be in the next game.

Erm, I actually have never heard that being said, only ever thought about it like ME3 was to ME2. 

I've never played Mass Effect, but I know that the endings were pretty rubbish for the enormous amounts of hours put in for the trilogy. 

I'd definitely think that it will be a new galaxy or system of some sort, there's no way you can continue on from ME3. 

It might not even be called ME4 just because it isn't a sequel to ME3, and would probably just be, "Mass Effect - SPAAAAAAAAAAACE". 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

They did say that indeed. There will be nothing to do with Shepard. 

And i think they may have intend at a prequel, like the first contact war or the Genophage, or Rachni wars. (not sure about this last part though) 

Urgh, I still don't see why there needs to be multiplayer... 2 weeks after launch no one plays it anymore.

However as long as it has a bigger single player than the games from the trilogy I should be okay with it.

The multiplayer is still alive and well today. A lot of people play it. They hit a gold mine with it, but I doubt that it will take much focus from the main single player game. No need to worry :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

bioware heres how you do it,

take dragon age inc, create multiple constant biomes for planets, and at least one good sized city, (because lets be honest the mass effect art team deserve the showcase)

apply mass effect lore.

remove fetch quest and instead focus on fewer quests but make each one longer and more story/content rich

Ugh. If DA:I is anything to go by, it's going to be a Dragon Age 2 sized game but with a quadrillion fetch quests thrown in, and no way of telling which are going to be important.

I figure bioware's been around long enough to know what they're doing. They don't always get it right, but they rarely, if ever get it wrong. As for multiplayer, let's be honest, outside of the franchises that rely on it who actually get's it right on purpose? With blizzard it was accidental, but they worked at it. I'm trying to remember what half the fps's multiplayer is based on, i want to say half life, but I'm not positive. Both were accidents, both although integrated into the game were not the main part of the game. They just happened to work, and were balanced enough to attract a following.

Starcraft 2 was intentional, but we all know how long it took blizzard, and how long it spent in beta balancing it before we got the finished product.

I hope bioware can pull of multiplayer for mass effect, but I can't really see it happening. and for a game as massive as mass effect 4 will need to be I can't see a true multi branching storyline happening. It'll probably employ a karma system, or critical decision points. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, and with a massive game it becomes impratical to write a true multi branching story (just look at steve jackson/ ian livingstone, most of those ran 200-300 pages, and took less than a day to read)

Sounds interesting.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They did say that indeed. There will be nothing to do with Shepard. 

And i think they may have intend at a prequel, like the first contact war or the Genophage, or Rachni wars. (not sure about this last part though) 

The multiplayer is still alive and well today. A lot of people play it. They hit a gold mine with it, but I doubt that it will take much focus from the main single player game. No need to worry :)

A prequel is possible - however, they've shown some Mako driving segments as well as a human protagonist in N7 armor. They've said it's during Shepard's lifetime(even if it won't be about Shepard) so it could be about the Contact War. Still, I think/hope it'll be about a post-DestroyME3 galaxy. (Bioware has confirmed that Shepard survives the Destroy ending, so a sequel could still technically be in Shepard's lifetime)

The ME3 multiplayer is surprisingly fun, but I hope they don't shoehorn it into being a part of the singleplayer again, like they did with the readiness rating...

I really hope they do something other than a generic "The world is DOOOOOOOMED and YOU are the only one that can save it." style storyline this time around, instead going with a smaller scale but more focused story. Because seriously Mass effect 2, ME3, Dragon age Origins, DA2, DAI all have effectively the same story and it's getting incredibly monotonous.    

I really hope they do something other than a generic "The world is DOOOOOOOMED and YOU are the only one that can save it." style storyline this time around, instead going with a smaller scale but more focused story. Because seriously Mass effect 2, ME3, Dragon age Origins, DA2, DAI all have effectively the same story and it's getting incredibly monotonous.    

You want save the princess?

Well let's recap for a moment:

• "It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C." - Casey Hudson pre-Mass Effect 3 release.
  • Turns out that he lied and that's exactly what we got
  • Not only that but all the endings did little more than vary in colour
  • Community kicks off, and rightly so
  • Casey Hudson pulls the 'artistic integrity'  card and refuses to give the community what it wants to avoid hurting his pride
  • Eventually caves and makes new endings
  • New endings also suck

Yeah, I have very little faith left in BioWare and the Mass Effect franchise now. Which is a shame, since it went from being my favourite game series, to meaning nothing to me in about 15 minutes.

All 3 mass effect games were great.

The only thing I am worried about is bioware jumping onto this open world fad. Creating massive, boring, open worlds is not what bioware or mass effect is about.

Well let's recap ME3 for a moment:

• "It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C." - Casey Hudson pre-Mass Effect 3 release.
  • Turns out that he lied and that's exactly what we got
  • Not only that but all the endings did little more than vary in colour
  • Community kicks off, and rightly so
  • Casey Hudson pulls the 'artistic integrity'  card and refuses to give the community what it wants to avoid hurting his pride
  • Eventually caves and makes new endings
  • New endings also suck

Yeah, I have very little faith left in BioWare and the Mass Effect franchise now. Which is a shame, since it went from being my favourite game series, to meaning nothing to me in about 15 minutes.

I'm not saying you're wrong here, but a dose of 4th wall realism might be called for.

A cut scene isn't exactly cheap here. funding 4 or 5 10 minute scenes at the resolution you and I would have demanded from this series is not going to be cheap. How would you decide what ending was called for? An arbitrary ending decided by a moment back in ME2 would have had fans up in arms. I agree it could have been handled better than making all decisions up to that point worthless. (actually they weren't. if you didn't achieve a certain score in ME3, your decision on the human reaper in ME2  restricted your ending)

Yeah the doctors left, most of the talent left, the fucking soul of the company was sacrificed as part of the EA acquisition. Much like the case with Infinity Ward, at some point we should be able to legally change the name to something like "Bioware's remains" to make it more clear that you won't be getting back the games of old no matter what.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I just hope it doesn't have the savegame import and instead build on a entireley independent story. Because i kind of fucked up ME3 at the end (chose destruction) :(

who cares...

A cut scene isn't exactly cheap here. 

An in game engine cutscene is fairly cheap. We didn't want spectacular colors and explosions, we wanted the plot to be properly resolved not hand waved away.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm not saying you're wrong here, but a dose of 4th wall realism might be called for.

A cut scene isn't exactly cheap here. funding 4 or 5 10 minute scenes at the resolution you and I would have demanded from this series is not going to be cheap. How would you decide what ending was called for? An arbitrary ending decided by a moment back in ME2 would have had fans up in arms. I agree it could have been handled better than making all decisions up to that point worthless. (actually they weren't. if you didn't achieve a certain score in ME3, your decision on the human reaper in ME2  restricted your ending)

Firstly, it's not up to me to figure out which ending would be called for. BioWare are making the game, it's their job to figure it out.

Honestly though, I would have been happy with a single good ending for the game's success state and another alternate ending for if you fail. I was expecting the degrees to your success would have been decided by your decisions, but that didn't need to completely depicted in a cut scene. It could have been done as an epilogue chapter at the end of the game. Again, it's their job to figure it out, I'm sure they can do it .

The point of my post was to point out that not only did they lie about the features of the game, they also didn't care enough to bother fixing their mess until the entire community had to bitch at them for months. It's a studio I cannot trust to deliver on the expectations they set.

Maybe I'm fortunate. I played ME3 a few months after release, had already heard everybody whinging about the ending. Maybe as a result I went into the game with the attitude of enjoying the ride, but I don't think I play games just for ending anyway... Whatever it is I had a blast playing me3: So many memorable moments.

y is it that people always compare big games to skyrim

skyrims map isnt big its the third of the size of elder scroll 4

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

You want save the princess?

Now that you mention it... Yes I do want to save the princess. I want a time vortex to appear and the Mushroom Kingdom to get sucked into the Mass effect universe. We then play as Commander Mario and Private Yoshi on a galaxy spanning quest to save the human princess Miss Peach from the clutches of the rogue spectre Bowser. The final scene can be Commander Mario and Peach picking out the wallpaper for their new space castle. It will be sick.