Bioware developer promises new Mass Effect singleplayer “will be massive”

TwistedDictator

Casey Hudson isn't even working on Bioware anymore.

Which is a good thing, since he did fuck-up the story pretty bad and everyone agrees on that more or less.

Which is a good thing, since he did fuck-up the story pretty bad and everyone agrees on that more or less.

He fucked up the ending. Quite frankly I think the ending is the least of ME3's plot problems. Hudson's endings sucked but a good portion of the main plot was ass as well. I can accept a bad ending, even ones that bad, if the journey is good.

I love how people still bitch about ME3 when with the Extended cut and the other DLC it was pretty good. But hey, this is the internet, so someone said something, that must be right and i will defend it to death without checking facts or having a go at it. GG internet.

On topic: Cant freaking wait for ME4, if they keep the mechanics as a mix of previous games, and have a story that is as engaging and deep as it was before, it will be another game i 100% complete and get totally into and then cry when its over. :3 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Casey Hudson isn't even working on Bioware anymore.

Oh, good. I wouldn't know since I stopped following anything BioWare has done since the Extended Cut came out and it still sucked.

Honestly I don't see how they can save themselves from Mass Effect 3's ending. It's too broad to be good but it's also too branched to allow a deep squeal. Which makes me thing that the next game will either take place centuries after ME3 or it will take place before the events of the ME trilogy. After all one of the endings allowed for the complete destruction of all advanced life in the galaxy... (Anyone want to play a Yahg :P ) And the other endings had Reapers destroyed or allied/controlled. Therefore they could not play a pivotal role in the next game if it's after ME3 since in one of the endings they will be gone and would require a decent amount of rewriting that quest.

Anyways ME provided a great journey but a terrible ending and as such I still like the overall games and just fixed the ending with MEHEM :D

Well for a sequel, all they have to do is pick one ending and declare that it's the canon ending going forward.

The Destroy ending only killed off all synthetic life in the galaxy (Reapers, Geth, EDI, and possibly anybody who had significant synthetic enhancements keeping them alive) so that's something they can still work with. But you are right that sequels based off of the Control/Synthesis ending wouldn't be a great idea.

Too bad it's like ME3 and takes data from previous games... 

*Gets Destruction ending*

"Can't wait to play Mass Effect Herp-a-Derp!!"

"Your galaxy has been destroyed, please replay the Mass Effect trilogy and come back :D"

That sounds like a terrible mechanic, thank god i dont play mass effect.

I guess a nice and 'massive' single player game is needed atm.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

He fucked up the ending. Quite frankly I think the ending is the least of ME3's plot problems. Hudson's endings sucked but a good portion of the main plot was ass as well. I can accept a bad ending, even ones that bad, if the journey is good.

I suspect one's view of "the journey" will vary depending on how much of the side quests they do. The less you do the less immersive the universe feels. As somebody who played and completed every side quest with every non-cosmetic DLC the journey was one of the best ever produced, and the trilogy is the best sci-fi series of all time. No doubt Mass Effect 2 was the best game in the series, but if we're judging ME3 based on ME2 we were going to be disappointed no matter what, 2 is one of the better all-around games of the past 10 years.

I suspect one's view of "the journey" will vary depending on how much of the side quests they do. The less you do the less immersive the universe feels. As somebody who played and completed every side quest with every non-cosmetic DLC the journey was one of the best ever produced, and the trilogy is the best sci-fi series of all time. No doubt Mass Effect 2 was the best game in the series, but if we're judging ME3 based on ME2 we were going to be disappointed no matter what, 2 is one of the better all-around games of the past 10 years.

None of the story DLC was out for ME3 when I played. I played it on launch all the way through in a few days. The main plot was a complete mess. Some really great character moments for the main cast and some supporting characters, but the writing for Cerberus, especially TIM, the shit with Udina, ect was just bad.

For all of you fighting, well just have to sit down and wait for the new game for any verdict on which direction this franchise is going, be it good/bad. Personally the gameplay and mechanics were far superior in ME3 than the previous games. For the story my comments are far too polarized to say if I'm happy or mad about it. But one thing I hate is that they made Liara sort of the canon partner(which makes sense). But they totally screwed up in ME3 even if you went full on Liara for all 3 games ME3 would still feel like Liara is someone you barely knew and you still had to confirm your relationship in the citadel at some point which would lead to a very fucked up convo which feels like you too had no past relationships with her at all.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

None of the story DLC was out for ME3 when I played. I played it on launch all the way through in a few days. The main plot was a complete mess. Some really great character moments for the main cast and some supporting characters, but the writing for Cerberus, especially TIM, the shit with Udina, ect was just bad.

If you're judging it by the bare bones experience then ya I could see how it could be pretty frustrating tbh, going through without Javik who is pretty story essential and not experiencing Leviathan or Citadel DLCs would really detract from the experience.

I seriously hope their definition of "huge" is the same as it is actually defined.

I don't mind MP but to me it feels like a waste. It dies very fast after launch, always has shit servers, and is just a horribly watered down version of SP.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If you're judging it by the bare bones experience then ya I could see how it could be pretty frustrating tbh, going through without Javik who is pretty story essential and not experiencing Leviathan or Citadel DLCs would really detract from the experience.

Ya as much as I loved ME3 I think it's criminal that Leviathan and From Ashes (Javik) was made DLC.

It annoys me to know that some people played through the game without experiencing that content. It adds so much richness/perspective to the core story and lore Should never have been left out. It's not like they were unrelated side quests... they basically asked people to pay more in order to get a better perspective on the core story of reapers / protheans / past cycles. That's not acceptable...

I seriously hope their definition of "huge" is the same as it is actually defined.

I don't mind MP but to me it feels like a waste. It dies very fast after launch, always has shit servers, and is just a horribly watered down version of SP.

Lets hope so! I'd love to see lots of more richly explorable populated plants. Where you could spend the day wandering on a Batarian colony, puzzling at their ways of life :P

I have to disagree with you on that one. The me3 mp was a real hit, and despite some network issues with certain weapons the games are more often then not, very smooth. 

Ya as much as I loved ME3 I think it's criminal that Leviathan and From Ashes (Javik) was made DLC.

It annoys me to know that some people played through the game without experiencing that content. It adds so much richness/perspective to the core story and lore Should never have been left out. It's not like they were unrelated side quests... they basically asked people to pay more in order to get a better perspective on the core story of reapers / protheans / past cycles. That's not acceptable...

Yeah this is true ^^ Lore based dlc is always a sad things to see. The day one from ashes dlc caused a good few rustled jimmys. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Lets hope so! I'd love to see lots of more richly explorable populated plants. Where you could spend the day wandering on a Batarian colony, puzzling at their ways of life :P

I have to disagree with you on that one. The me3 mp was a real hit, and despite some network issues with certain weapons the games are more often then not, very smooth. 

Yeah this is true ^^ Lore based dlc is always a sad things to see. The day one from ashes dlc caused a good few rustled jimmys. 

Hmm, maybe I have a bad taste about it then because I got to it late? Although I would think it wasn't late...well if they can do it right, then no problem! :D

And exploring a Batarian colony (no linear maps) would be so awesome! :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hmm, maybe I have a bad taste about it then because I got to it late? Although I would think it wasn't late...well if they can do it right, then no problem! :D

And exploring a Batarian colony (no linear maps) would be so awesome! :wub:

Well its not for everyone I guess :) I'd like to see it return in the same way it was in me3 a nice small well executed afterthought. I'm afraid that they'll focus too much on it. 

haha oh imagine it! i'd kill for something like that. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

A game's DLC is supposed to add to the game, not be essential content...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...