GeForce Game Ready 347.52 WHQL drivers - Performance Increase for GTX 9xx!

chutia

Honestly, we could get such better performance if devs would just use common sense (and some OpenMP directives).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Don't kid yourself. AAA games are most certainly not optimized much on PC.

The witcher 3 will be I believe in you CD Projekt.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Don't kid yourself. AAA games are most certainly not optimized much on PC.

They aren't optimized on the developer's end, but I meant optimized in the Nvidia drivers.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

the scary part is Nvidia is closely involved, gameworks title. And we know how that usually turns out... Microstutter and de-optimized. Really hope cd projekt can pull this off and make it a showcase game for pc, think they are working on optimization now, game is otherwise finished.

the scary part is Nvidia is closely involved, gameworks title. And we know how that usually turns out... Microstutter and de-optimized. Really hope cd projekt can pull this off and make it a showcase game for pc, think they are working on optimization now, game is otherwise finished.

I have high hopes for them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

How is the 960 screwed up? It's a full GM 206 core. It's only meant for 1080p high or 1440p medium gaming. We still have the 960TI and 965TI inbound (one will have a 192-bit bus). I still run my school machine on a 570 so it's not my concern, but your comment smells of BS for at leas this part.

how? when 960 is stressed it perfomrs as GTX 660 ti, because of 128 bit bus, lol my HD 4000 has 128 bit bus because of dual channel 64 bit DDR3 memory :D

here are extreme tests 960 vs 660 ti compare Graphics score

c2574c374060.jpg

3c7f34e381a7.jpg

now you see why is 960 screwed up?

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

how? when 960 is stressed it perfomrs as GTX 660 ti, because of 128 bit bus, lol my HD 4000 has 128 bit bus because of dual channel 64 bit DDR3 memory :D

here are extreme tests 960 vs 660 ti compare Graphics score

now you see why is 960 screwed up?

Yet the 660TI cost $299 on release. The 960 beats the 660TI and 760 and cost less. I don't see anything wrong?

Yet the 660TI cost $299 on release. The 960 beats the 660TI and 760 and cost less. I don't see anything wrong?

beats 760 lol did you see my benchmark? when 960 is stressed it does not perform well, because it's very limited on bandwith. games today use 2-3 GB VRAM, this card has 2 GB and 128 bit bus. that's too slow. 128 bit bus can't use well 2 GB vram!

those that do backups

From what we've seen so far...I have my doubts.

beats 760 lol did you see my benchmark? when 960 is stressed it does not perform well, because it's very limited on bandwith. games today use 2-3 GB VRAM, this card has 2 GB and 128 bit bus. that's too slow. 128 bit bus can't use well 2 GB vram!

Any game using more than 2GB at 1080p (which the card is meant for, let's be honest here) is an unoptimized, junky piece of software. Honestly where are the good programmers in the game industry? You don't load everything into the frame buffer AND have the critical pieces spread across multiple banks in each chip (bank switching loses you between 14 and 20 clock cycles of work each). You load what is necessary for a time and switch memory in and out PREEMPTIVELY as needed. 

Also, a 128bit bus can easily use that much VRAM. It all depends on how the system works as a whole and how well the software was built.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They aren't optimized on the developer's end, but I meant optimized in the Nvidia drivers.

They need to be optimized by the devs first. Drivers are a finite set of guidelines for deployment of pre-compiled code. The devs have to get it right first. No general-purpose rule set can cover every permutation of a solution to a problem. Half the video game programmers need a kick in the tail and a class in high performance computing.

Any game using more than 2GB at 1080p (which the card is meant for, let's be honest here) is an unoptimized, junky piece of software. Honestly where are the good programmers in the game industry? You don't load everything into the frame buffer AND have the critical pieces spread across multiple banks in each chip (bank switching loses you between 14 and 20 clock cycles of work each). You load what is necessary for a time and switch memory in and out PREEMPTIVELY as needed. 

Also, a 128bit bus can easily use that much VRAM. It all depends on how the system works as a whole and how well the software was built.

almost every new game does use waay more then 2 GB on 1080p. I have HD 7970 3 GB and in many games it fills 3 GB VRAM 

those that do backups

almost every new game does use waay more then 2 GB on 1080p. I have HD 7970 3 GB and in many games it fills 3 GB VRAM 

new games are being made by people with no sense of proper optimization. Uncompressed textures, loading everything into the frame buffer even when not remotely necessary, and just more amateur moves...

Well, it appears to be downloading the driver now. Going to try to install.

Hope it isn't still broken.

yup confirming if anyone is intrested, I just installed using geforce experience no problems!

yup confirming if anyone is intrested, I just installed using geforce experience no problems!

Same here. (or I did earlier today). I did get a LOT of screen flashing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

new games are being made by people with no sense of proper optimization. Uncompressed textures, loading everything into the frame buffer even when not remotely necessary, and just more amateur moves...

agree but what can you do. you need 3+ GB VRAM

those that do backups

agree but what can you do. you need 3+ GB VRAM

Stop buying until devs get their acts together.