GeForce Game Ready 347.52 WHQL drivers - Performance Increase for GTX 9xx!

chutia

New drivers released but the nice performance increase caught my eye......is this normal?

GeForce GTX 980     1920x1080
• GRID: Autosport: up to 12%
• Alien: Isolation: up to 6%
• Dragon Age: Inquisition: up to 4%
      2560x1440
• Metro: Last Light: up to 10%
• Dragon Age: Inquisition: up to 7%
• The Crew: up to 5%
      3840x2160
• GRID: Autosport: up to 13%
• Dragon Age: Inquisition: up to 6%
• Far Cry 4: up to 6% 

GeForce GTX 970   1920x1080
• BioShock Infinite: up to 13%
• Assassin's Creed Unity: up to 12%
• GRID: Autosport: up to 12% 
    2560x1440
• GRID: Autosport: up to 11%
• Assassin's Creed Unity: up to 11%
• Bioshock Infinite: up to 8%
    3840x2160
• GRID: Autosport: up to 10%
• WarThunder.: up to 8%
• Assassin's Creed Unity: up to 7% 

GeForce GTX 960 1920x1080
• Assassin's Creed Unity: up to 7%
• Far Cry 4: up to 4%
• Crysis 3: up to 3%
  2560x1440
• Assassin's Creed Unity: up to 10%
• Far Cry 4: up to 4%
• WarThunder: up to 3%

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/81877/en-us

Been trying to download them trhough GeForce experience but the thing crashes, gonna get it manually ty.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

@eelnico09

This?  

87b8e20d4c.png

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Yes it's normal, new drivers often add a little bit of performance to new cards. "up to" doesn't mean much though, they could very well have a 13% higher maximum framerate and use that as an example.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Been trying to download them trhough GeForce experience but the thing crashes, gonna get it manually ty.

Known issue with Geforce Experience, Nvidia is working on a fix.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/307943-geforce-experience-has-encountered-an-error-and-needs-to-close/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/307846-psa-drivers-tab-on-geforce-experience-may-break-geforce-experience/

any benefits on older cards?

i5 3570k @ 4.9 ghz/1.27 volts, Asus P8Z77-V LK8 Gb Corsair 1600mhzGigabyte Windforce R9 290 1140/1625, Silverstone RV02, Kingston V300 120 gb, 1 TB WD Blue HDD,Seagate barracuda, Evga Supernova 750 G2Hyper 212 EvoWindows 8.1, K70 Red LED Blue switch, Razer Deathadder 2012, Sennehiser HD 598

If anyone thinks their going to get those improvements in the real world, you're going to be disappointed.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Getting it since I have the same setup as their test system configuration but will wait a bit until all GFE problems are fixed.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Yes it's normal, new drivers often add a little bit of performance to new cards. "up to" doesn't mean much though, they could very well have a 13% higher maximum framerate and use that as an example.

Max fps thats what I was thinking aswell.....wonder if any other games show significant improvements.. I assume they would!

Want to try these out aswell, if they hurry up and fix that error.

Someone with older cards like 700 series should try and see if it helps those cards aswell would be intresting to see results.....

I have that as well...i laughed so hard.

Fuck you "Experiance" give back the older Update mephod.

This is what happens when you don't use end to end data protection. If you have a lot of RAM, the error rate starts rising to the point of 1 in 40,000 (around 16GB), hence ECC for servers and workstations. When you go to re-save that data in your drive it can even flash/write incorrectly. It's amazing that computers don't fail more often.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is what happens when you don't use end to end data protection. If you have a lot of RAM, the error rate starts rising to the point of 1 in 40,000 (around 16GB), hence ECC for servers and workstations. When you go to re-save that data in your drive it can even flash/write incorrectly. It's amazing that computers don't fail more often.

Really? i only have 8 GB though.

geez...

Nvidia and AMD have never been completely honest with those claims. I'll bet those are improvements you'll get when licking a wall or staring at the sky or ground.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

most graphics card perform around 15%-20% better at the end of there life or about 2-3 years

Yep, installed it. "Up to" is the same language ISP's use about their bandwidth, it's no guarantee at all.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

@eelnico09

This?  

87b8e20d4c.png

Yeah that, but installed them manually with no trouble.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Do you recommend to completely remove the drivers, or can I do it through geforce experience?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Do you recommend to completely remove the drivers, or can I do it through geforce experience?

Express installation through geforce experience unless you have a special circumstance.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Express installation through geforce experience unless you have a special circumstance.

I hit check for updates in Geforce Experience, but no updates were found. Time to do it manually I suppose. When doing it manually do you recommend I use DDU? I usually have instability with installing them over top another installation

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I hit check for updates in Geforce Experience, but no updates were found. Time to do it manually I suppose. When doing it manually do you recommend I use DDU? I usually have instability with installing them over top another installation

I have no idea. 

Geforce Experience is the best. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I never knew that. Interesting!

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

most graphics card perform around 15%-20% better at the end of there life or about 2-3 years

This is so incorrect its not even funny. TechPowerUp did an article on this and over a year (which is pretty much as long as you will get performance updating drivers for) AMD cards went up on average of like 4.5% and nvidia cards 5.2% or something like that.

This is so incorrect its not even funny. TechPowerUp did an article on this and over a year (which is pretty much as long as you will get performance updating drivers for) AMD cards went up on average of like 4.5% and nvidia cards 5.2% or something like that.

can i get a link for that article