I just fried everything. I think I might genuinely be in shock. [Update] Fried PSU.

Redheadsrule13

So, I just spent the last two days tearing down, rebuilding, cable managing, file transferring, file cloning, reinstalling and working on my PC after I got some new parts.
One of these parts was a Maxiumus VI Gene. I was setting my previous overclocking settings in the UEFI that I had with my old mobo, then I clicked to save and reboot.
Fizzing, crackling and popping all at the same time from beneath my desk, sounded like the power point. Everything is dead.
I go to the switchboard outside, I flip it back on. Everything is still dead. At this point, I inform my mother that everything is dead and we discover that my home server in the room across the hall has no power, all of my powerpoints have no power, one of the powerpoints in the kitchen doesn't have power. 
Being incredibly confused and dumbfounded as to how my overclocking setting caused an entire circuit to fry, I decided to plug my PC into a still working power point.
Nothing. No light, no boot, nothing. 

So here I am, sitting at laptop which isn't charging since all my powerpoints are dead, trying to figure out why I'm not incredibly upset right now.
I'm not mad, I'm not crying, I'm not anything. I'm just kind of nothing. Which leads me to the conclusion that I am in fact, in shock. I am unable to process what just happened. I know in my head that my either my PSU is fried or my entire PC is dead, but I can't actually accept it. 

Thoughts anyone?

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

If you have a good PSU then theres a chance that its the only part that died... If everything is fried then i guess you could try to rma it.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

If you have a good PSU then theres a chance that its the only part that died... If everything is fried then i guess you could try to rma it.

Yeah, Silverstone Strider 80+ Silver. It'd be the lesser of the evils I guess. I think I have everything under warranty. 

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Wow, well at least only your pc parts got damaged and the short in the house didn't hurt anyone.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Go to breaker and flip everything on.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If everything is under warranty check with another PSU first if you have one incase thats it and if not RMA all of em. and like @RedRound2 said customer support will try to make you responsible and weasel out of giving you new parts.

Sounds like the breaker tripped 

Hope just the PSU is fried nothing more 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

bro, in 2013, my house was struck my a thunder and we lost a lot of stuff.

my pc was literally smokkinnn after that.

you can try another psu

what may have happened is the psu could have drawn much more extra power which is unusual, or the voltage fluctuation has burned most of the circuits in the house.

i guess you can check the wirings inside the general cables of the house to find a damage, or go to main breaker switch and check if that is fine.

if it is, you have to change the wirings.

i dont think it was the overclock that did this much damage, it is not commom

usually a power surge or voltage fluctuation can cause these..

Update: Power just came back on. Gonna test my PC.

To be honest considering the symptoms it's very likely that your house had a massive surge for some reason, your psu committed suicide to protect your motherboard and the fuse in your electrical system jumped ship. Hopefully only your psus were damaged. In the future you may want to buy one of these, they work as surge protectors and still provide power to your pc for a while if your electrical system dies:

81dXQ7C73qL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

test and let us know

Okay, tested it again, nothing. Plugged in the 24pin from another PSU and I got lights on my motherboard and a power light on my GPU. So, seems like my PSU is fried. However, I know that I should be able to RMA it thankfully.

To be honest considering the symptoms it's very likely that your house had a massive surge for some reason, your psu committed suicide to protect your motherboard and the fuse in your electrical system jumped ship. Hopefully only your psus were damaged. In the future you may want to buy one of these, they work as surge protectors and still provide power to your pc for a while if your electrical system dies:

81dXQ7C73qL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, that or I should at least plug it into a power board rather than the wall.

Thank god your other parts were saved, I'll tell you about what happened to me. After assembling my brother's pc , the moment of truth came. Flipped the switch and.. the whole case was electrified, couldn't even touch it. Luckily nothing happened to his pc. Apparently all of the switches in the living room were not grounded properly. Soo..... getting electrocuted was 'shocking' haaaaaaa...

never heard of this happened before...pretty crazy honestly. You may want to consider doing some re-wiring in your house. I live in a house built in 1908....had to rewire the whole place when we bought it. Hope u can RMA your psu and get your temporary one installed to make sure all your other components are working properly.

Okay, tested it again, nothing. Plugged in the 24pin from another PSU and I got lights on my motherboard and a power light on my GPU. So, seems like my PSU is fried. However, I know that I should be able to RMA it thankfully.

OMG dude, i almost can feel the frustration IDK why, thankfully only your PSU is dead, i could not stand something like this happening to my PC, ive invested too many work hours salary on this to kill it with a freakin´ surge

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

Good for you m8 quality PSUs come in handy.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

A moment of silence for lost components.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I read this in absolute terror. Good thing only your psu died.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Okay, update on the situation. PSU is dead. I've nicked the shitty PSU from my server for an ultra ghetto temp solution until I get a new PSU.
I also switched to a GT640 that I had as my server PSU doesn't have the 8pin to run my 760.

My system pre calamity:

46RTefS.jpg

The GT 640.

vOaZ4qs.jpg

My new ghetto solution.

guvY8LX.jpg

My PSU.

tHtKZhM.jpg

ux1CCpH.jpg

Farewell comrade. You will be remembered.

bro, in 2013, my house was struck my a thunder and we lost a lot of stuff.

my pc was literally smokkinnn after that.

you can try another psu

what may have happened is the psu could have drawn much more extra power which is unusual, or the voltage fluctuation has burned most of the circuits in the house.

i guess you can check the wirings inside the general cables of the house to find a damage, or go to main breaker switch and check if that is fine.

if it is, you have to change the wirings.

i dont think it was the overclock that did this much damage, it is not commom

usually a power surge or voltage fluctuation can cause these..

Few years ago, during the thunder, the lightning struck my Internet (wireless microwave) receiver on the roof. It fried integrated lan cards in my 2 computers and also my friend's (who live a couple of houses away from me) who was also connected to that receiver.

Thankfully nothing else in PCs was damaged. I believe that also some ports on switch were fried.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440