Cortana is coming to Microsoft Office

Microsoft is currently working on bringing its digital assistant, Cortana, to Microsoft Office. The company is currently testing a “Work Assistant” app that is designed to use Cortana to open up, edit and share documents using voice commands.

The application is just a prototype right now, but sources familiar with company plans spoke with The Verge and said that the intention was to integrate Cortana into Office across all Windows 10 platforms. This does mean that Cortana could also come to the Android and iOS versions of Microsoft Office.

Last year it was also reported that Cortana would hit other operating systems eventually as part of Microsoft’s long-term strategy for the digital assistant. The last time Microsoft added a digital assistant to its Office suite we ended up with Clippy, which some of you will surely remember from back in the day.

Microsoft has been working on and improving Cortana for some time now and will continue to do so throughout the Windows 10 technical preview cycle, before the final release of the OS later this year.

cortana_-e1405939516504.jpg

Source : http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/cortana-is-coming-to-microsoft-office/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

microsoft-clippy.jpg

The nightmares of this...

At least the new generation of kids will now know the horrors that we went through with Clippy

I used to spend hours trying to watch all of Clippy's animations.

Cortana on Office is definitely something that I don't think I'll use.

Sig under construction.

At least the new generation of kids will now know the horrors that we went through with Clippy

this time you'll see her 

cortana_-e1405939516504.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

-clip-

my exact thoughts when i read the title.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

-snip-

lol I remember that. Use to make me laugh so much.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

clippy is love, clippy is life. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

cortanaclippy1_1020.0.jpg

Microsoft testing doesn't mean it will come. It means they are experimenting. If it does come it is probably more focused on finding features in Office (which is what the new search bar does), and Outlook integration (to do, calendar, etc.)

ahah it reminds me of clippy and of all the other assistants, I loved the superdog and it's animatons _753922_puppy150.jpg

I can see this working for mobile, but I would never use this on desktop or even on my laptop.