Favorite Game OST

Phillyphries

While game play by itself can be fun, there is nothing like an excellent soundtrack to keep you immersed through the whole game.

Going back through my collection of my favorite games, I immediately realize that they all have one thing in common: A beautiful, rich soundtrack.

While choosing your favorite game OST may be difficult, I felt there was no way that a particular game could not be my all-time favorite... And that would be..

SHOGUN: Total War

Shogun_Total_War.jpg

Released on the day of June 13, 2000, this game, designed by The Creative Assembly, had featured not only a new revolutionary way to experience turn-based and real-time strategy games, but have included in my mind, the most colorful, cultured, and powerful soundtracks composed by the legendary Jeff van Dyck. 

Set in the era of Sengoku Jidai ("the Warring States period" or "Age of the Country at War" 1467-1603) and with its expansion, the Mongolian Invasion (1274-1281), Shogun: Total War allowed PC players to take-on both the beautiful and destructive aspects of the Samurai-dominant eras of Japan.

You can find the OST for Shogun: Total War on youtube:

What is your favorite video game OST(s)? And why?

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

If you are also interested in what made Shogun: Total War so special in my eyes, here are some more features that made this game incredible.

They had excellent cutscenes for most actions on the campaign:

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Halo or Minecraft.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

-snip-

Halo 3: ODST soundtrack was one of the best and my favourite of the series :P

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Halo... Hands down :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Halo

Age of Empires (1 and 2)

Deus Ex

Knights of the Old Republic

Sonic (all of the original Genesis titles)

Ocarina of Time

Revenge of Shinobi

And most recently:

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I honestly cannot pick between music. I really can't. Some days I feel like Abakus is the greatest music to listen to, and then the next I think it is Astral Projection. It changes. Asking me to pick my favorite game OST would kill me! That said, here is some of my favorites that I listen to constantly.

Taken from another thread:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 OST (and the others from its time)
  • Maniac Mansion (I LOVE THIS GAME AND OST!)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Either Bastion or Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Second this.

And few others that I enjoy, Trine 1&2, Jets'n'Guns, NFS2. Not really OST would be Platypus 1&2 with remixed soundtrack.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halo series

MGS : Rising

Hotline miami

Final fantasy IX and VII (plus Crisis core)

Sonic

Street Fighter

Any Arc System works games

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Xenogears

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list