Canada Reportedly Monitors Downloads From Citizens

qwertywarrior

The 2 petabyte data center built in the middle of the desert somewhere in Arizona, Nevada, or New Mexico (can't remember which) designed solely to gather and store people's emails. Waste of money if I've ever heard of one. :P

That could be lol

Yes, because spending money on healthcare for everyone is OBVIOUSLY a waste of precious money :P

hahahahah I love the excuses

Canada is always an exception because it's not America, right?

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Yes, because spending money on healthcare for everyone is OBVIOUSLY a waste of precious money :P

Huh? Healthcare? I was still on the spying thing.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

hahahahah I love the excuses

Canada is always an exception because it's not America, right?

Apparently to some people it is okay for other countries to do this to its citizens.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Apparently to some people it is okay for other countries to do this to its citizens.

It amazes me how we can be ridiculed for stuff like this when it's happening in their own backyard

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Why would the Canadian bother to spy on its citizens?

I just assumed that the average Canadian citizen looks up PDF files on how to build igloos and food videos on how to create the perfect maple syrup. Perhaps there is an underground maple syrup trade that deals spiked maple syrup :o.

Why would the Canadian bother to spy on its citizens?

I just assumed that the average Canadian citizen looks up PDF files on how to build igloos and food videos on how to create the perfect maple syrup. Perhaps there is an underground maple syrup trade that deals spiked maple syrup :o.

Canadian internet bride scam, they don't call me mr moose because they sent me an actual woman :wacko:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I know, we should realize that with proper oversight and procedures, it's acceptable here too. 

Acceptable? Don't make me sick, you.  :angry: 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The 2 petabyte data center built in the middle of the desert somewhere in Arizona, Nevada, or New Mexico (can't remember which) designed solely to gather and store people's emails. Waste of money if I've ever heard of one. :P

That could be lol

Actually, with that amount of space they have in the facility, they are planning to fit in 1 EXABYTE by 2020.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I can verify Canadian ISPs have been looking at hard drives for at least 5-6 years now... not just traffic.

...no, not saying how.  -_-

You wouldn't download maple syrup... Hell yeah I would!

I wouldn't, shit tastes like straight ass.

Regular syrup ftw.

Fuck spying ass governments. Do some real work. Maybe try and make the world a better place for everyone instead of just perpetuating oligarchies 

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm totally fine with this, if it can make my Canada safer then please Canada, go ahead.

As long as they aren't busting 10 year olds for pirating a freakin' song, I think spying can work for the benefit of everyone.  Catch all the pedophiles and murders they can.

...sadly it does not work that way.  A ten year old grabbing illegal music is just such an easy score :mellow: .

As long as they aren't busting 10 year olds for pirating a freakin' song, I think spying can work for the benefit of everyone.  Catch all the pedophiles and murders they can.

...sadly it does not work that way.  A ten year old grabbing illegal music is just such an easy score :mellow: .

They probably won't bother with people like that. Trust me, I am one of the people who torrent the most and I have never been under any law troubles.

I wouldn't, shit tastes like straight ass.

Regular syrup ftw.

Fuck spying ass governments. Do some real work. Maybe try and make the world a better place for everyone instead of just perpetuating oligarchies 

Was going to come up with an argument, then I saw the profile...

I like how everyone quotes me to tell me I'm wrong and that mass surrvalance is unacceptable but no one actually brings up a legitimate counterpoint. 

I actually thought you were joking.

It is wrong because people's rights and privacy should never be invaded.  It can and does get out of control and then the next thing we know, we're in 1984.

Safety over liberty is a bad thing.

It is wrong because people's rights and privacy should never be invaded.  It can and does get out of control and then the next thing we know, we're in 1984.

We might be closer to full blown authoritarianism than you think.  When all the pieces are slowly being put together over long periods of time, the execution of said jump to total foreign governance can happen very quickly.

When stupidity is a form of free expression, that gate to be ruled just opens wide.

We might be closer to full blown authoritarianism than you think.  When all the pieces are slowly being put together over long periods of time, the execution of said jump to total foreign governance can happen very quickly.

When stupidity is a form of free expression, that gate to be ruled just opens wide.

I actually think it is very close. Close enough for me to worry a lot...

Just keep an alert mind.  You have to do it anyways.  I mean, if you want to worry about our existence...  you can worry about the 99% chance we have of become an exinct race :lol: .  It really is somewhere around there.  All we need is that 1% to try our asses off to change it though.

Please show me specifically how people's privacy is invaded and how that has any damaging effects.

A balance needs to be struck between liberty and safety, I agree. But I believe mass surveillance can work in that balance if it is correctly implemented. 

As far as global disaster goes, the U.S. becoming an authoritarian state is pretty low on my list of probability and worry.

But if it does happen, I admit I would be screwed...

I haven't hoarded enough tinfoil hats yet 

Please show me specifically how people's privacy is invaded and how that has any damaging effects.

A balance needs to be struck between liberty and safety, I agree. But I believe mass surveillance can work in that balance if it is correctly implemented. 

Belief is not needed, that is a fact.  The notion of privacy is a lot of the time an emotional reaction related to a person, or culture's, hubris.

Example:  If the government spying on you in the shower could actually save another person's life (I know it is ridiculous), many people's initial reaction would be something like: "Hell no, I don't want anyone seeing me naked". It is emotional.  Logically, why would anyone care, if it was to preserve another person's existence.

That is just hubris in relation to certain notions of privacy.

As far as global disaster goes, the U.S. becoming an authoritarian state is pretty low on my list of probability and worry.

But if it does happen, I admit I would be screwed...

I haven't hoarded enough tinfoil hats yet 

Global disaster - USA becoming authoritarian...

Another mild example of hubris.  :D