Titanfall not going to be on PS4

MzCatieB

hope to god its on pc. game looked sick as hell in previews.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

should be possible, its more due to the fact that Xbox one's cloud service over play stations. im sure its more than possible with pc

Character artist in the Games industry.

It is.

Doesn't Sony technically have dedicated servers now that they're charging for PS+ (at least for the PS4's online gameplay)? Don't see why Titanfall can't be made to work with Sony's own cloud services too. There are certainly other game developers who use different cloud services/servers to implement online features across multiple platforms.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

So this means we get ports with dedicated servers?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

So now that the XB1 can be played offline will you not be allowed to play this game without an internet connection even single player or will the whole game just look like shit and have textures missing because you don't have 'the power of the cloud' pushing the game over your 1mb/s internet.

I don't believe this at all. Are we going to have network requirements for games also? Because no matter how powerful the cloud is if you don't have a strong internet connection to back that up it won't do anything.

"The cloud services aren’t limited to Xbox One games either, and Respawn uses them for the Windows PC and Xbox 360 versions of Titanfall as well."

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Doesn't look like a good game to me so I don't really care anyways.

Then why even comment?  There are many useless comments on many forums, lets not add to them!

As for the article, I think its a tiny press victory that Microsoft wants to push given their recent flops, but with Sony adding a $5/month subscription fee to online PS4 gaming, I doubt there is much validity here.  Game looks pretty good though from a conceptual and graphical standpoint.  Still too early to tell if all their player-focused hard work makes for actual better game-play though!

So now that the XB1 can be played offline will you not be allowed to play this game without an internet connection even single player or will the whole game just look like shit and have textures missing because you don't have 'the power of the cloud' pushing the game over your 1mb/s internet.

I don't believe this at all. Are we going to have network requirements for games also? Because no matter how powerful the cloud is if you don't have a strong internet connection to back that up it won't do anything.

"The cloud services aren’t limited to Xbox One games either, and Respawn uses them for the Windows PC and Xbox 360 versions of Titanfall as well."

I think Titanfall only has Multiplayer

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Titanfall doesn't have single player, it is intended to be played only online and they've stated that making the decision to require internet constantly they've been able to add features and improve the overall experience.

Now, that's been said before, and basically never delivered either because the "features" could have been done without a dedicated server or because the server itself couldn't actually provide what was asked (or both, as in a certain recent EA title...) Basically what this is, Respawn claims that Microsoft is offering an option which is more feasible than setting up sufficient dedicated servers independently, so all we have to do is wait and see if everything works out. I'm personally getting Titanfall for PC, because it looks awesome regardless of the fact that you do need an internet connection to play that online-only game.

As long as its for PC its fine with me. :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I don't believe them, or their claims.

With the other titles already being shown off on the PS4 (such as Destiny, Watch Dogs, KillZone Shadowfall and The Division) I just don't see anything so impressive with Titanfall that it seems beyond the console's abilities. Sure, dedicated servers are nice but they're far from mandatory, and denying PS4 players the experience of playing the game on the basis they might face the odd laggy match or two is ridiculous.

Nope, this reeks of Microsoft marketing nonsense. Akin to EA's claims of SimCity so desperately needing that online connection for it to work whatsoever.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Well, I'll probably get it on PC eventually. Not in my top priorities though.

Dedicated servers are even older tech then P2P servers...

Titanfall doesn't have single player, it is intended to be played only online and they've stated that making the decision to require internet constantly they've been able to add features and improve the overall experience.

Now, that's been said before, and basically never delivered either because the "features" could have been done without a dedicated server or because the server itself couldn't actually provide what was asked (or both, as in a certain recent EA title...) Basically what this is, Respawn claims that Microsoft is offering an option which is more feasible than setting up sufficient dedicated servers independently, so all we have to do is wait and see if everything works out. I'm personally getting Titanfall for PC, because it looks awesome regardless of the fact that you do need an internet connection to play that online-only game.

Really online only? I think I'll pass than.

Now that makes some sense. But I can't see it adding anything to the game besides dedicated servers because of people's connections. Some people have super slow connections and the cloud gaming wouldn't work. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I don't believe them, or their claims.

With the other titles already being shown off on the PS4 (such as Destiny, Watch Dogs, KillZone Shadowfall and The Division) I just don't see anything so impressive with Titanfall that it seems beyond the console's abilities. Sure, dedicated servers are nice but they're far from mandatory, and denying PS4 players the experience of playing the game on the basis they might face the odd laggy match or two is ridiculous.

Nope, this reeks of Microsoft marketing nonsense. Akin to EA's claims of SimCity so desperately needing that online connection for it to work whatsoever.

MS marketing nonsense even though the article is around them talking to a game dev for Titanfall, okay.

I'm just glad its coming to PC. Thats all I care about. I can hardly wait to play this, Battlefield 4, The Division, and Witcher 3.

It's not the sort of game I like to play but if I was a PS4 guy I would be pretty annoyed. I am completely against all exclusive games unless there is an actual reason for not allowing it onto another system like hardware specs or controls. Which is why you don't get RTS games on console.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

MS marketing nonsense even though the article is around them talking to a game dev for Titanfall, okay.

Yes. The game is after all a Microsoft exclusive.

They're launching this game on the Xbox 360 (a device soon to be celebrating its 8th birthday), and yet they claim it isn't possible to make on a brand new console? If they can make the game work on such an old console with a little cloud assistance they sure as hell can make it work on a new console without cloud assistance.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling bull. It seems utterly preposterous to me. 

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

PS4 has cloud services as well, for the developers who choose to use them.

Pure marketing bullshit.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.