It's happenning, R9 380X listed online by 2 retailers !

MetroP

Again one Engineer said she's taping out R9 380X cards. A different engineer said he has worked on a 300W GPU SOC with stacked memory without mentioning any name could be a 380X, could be an engineering R&D prototype, could be a 390X we just don't know.

What 300w card needs reference liquid cooling. The R9 390X will probably come in at the 400-450w TDP mark. Of course we all would love to be wrong and see the R9 390X being air cooled. Tho with the numbers we've seen from Tonga that's more than likely not going to be the case.

And this card is supposed to be a different architecture from what I've heard. If so, are they somehow unable to see efficiency gains like nvidia did?

Pirate Islands is rumored to be built from GCN 1.2 which is an enhanced Tahiti design. They are entitled to the possibility of cutting down power consumption (which they have slightly with Tonga). Tho even yourself has to be a little bit skeptical as to what can AMD change in their architecture to cut power consumption that drastically. The fact that the R9 390X has to be liquid cooled straight from the factory is telling most of us that there's no way that it has a 300w TDP.

I said his source could possibly be right because I haven't seen the article he's talking about and I don't pretend to be all-knowing. I was also the first person to question the tdp :P

And this card is supposed to be a different architecture from what I've heard. If so, are they somehow unable to see efficiency gains like nvidia did?

Because fanboys are unable to think logically, and I LAUGH about this crap, because we are now as bad as the Xbox vs Sony kids, while we call ourselves the "master race".

Fanboy logic. GTX 960 =Amazing, R9 285 = trash (I think they are both trash at that price range, unless you want to brag about energy usage but whatever). Also power efficiency on a new card series vs an older series = trash. Possible design flaw on VRAM = put fingers in ears and say blah blah blah so you can't hear any criticism. Ignoring idiotic reference cooling by AMD = same.

Know what is cool about not being a fanboy? I can switch back and forth between vendors. When AMD was blowing away Intel in the early 2000's I had an AMD. When Duo Core's like the e8400 came out and then Sandy Bridge came out? Intel. What GPU am I buying? The best value in the price range I can afford at the time I buy it, which to be honest right now is 750ti on a potato dell PSU SFF>R9 280>R9 290 =GTX 970 depending on what you are looking to do, dual 980's if you can afford it.

I saw people not buy a R9 280 for 150 bucks and buy a GTX 770 2GB for close to 300 the last few months. Want to know what those people are? Idiots. They are usually the fanboys lol. I actually stopped someone doing this at Microcenter when I was there picking up parts, and the person told me AMD sucks, and I said ok whatever man enjoy the card. Dude could have got a R9 290, or a cheaper model GTX 970 but whatever. 300 was his limit and he went with that awesome 2 GB VRAM GTX 770. I would say the same thing if the value of the cards were reversed and they avoided Nvidia and always went AMD. Idiots.

Now that Direct X 12 is basically a free upgrade? Pointless to use Mantle as a reason to buy a card. 

Oh yeah and for the true fanboys out there?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-amd-ati-graphics,6311.html

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Please don't cost this much...

*Hope its only 350$*

Doubt it though , might be ~$400-$650

Im interested in the 370x or 360x

Or wtf the 390x is gonna be.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I actually think March-May would be the perfect time to release this card, Nvidia has announced they would release an 8GB version of the 980 whether that version is the 980ti or just a 980 is yet to be seen.  

Since this is the 380X I'd say $450-500 is probably what it's going to end up being, but it's just a guess. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Things like this make me regret getting gsync monitor. ;__;

Curing shitposts by shitposts

GOOD IS IT TIME FOR US TO DO THIS?

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Eh, I don't like the shade of red... The fan looks like it's made out of jolly rancher.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

So that's about 1,1/2 times the number of stream possessors of the 290x right? Nice!
Let's hope that holds true.

Edit: oh crap I only just looked at the price, if that is true I'll go and and buy 2 gtx970s instead. Although roughly 850euros seems incredibly unlikely. 

2nd edit: oh no! it's Norwegian currency??? that would put it at 900€... That can't be real.

Only a concept render, not guaranteed

It's not even a redner, it's a 295x2 with the water cooling bits removed. 

if this card has 4096 sp's and a 300w tdp vs the 290x 2816 and 290w tdp. Doesn't that make it extremely efficient? just saying

Them are the speculated specifications of the big brother R9 390X. The R9 380X we are unsure of exactly how many SP's it has tho you could assume somewhere between 3072 - 3200. It's simply too much to expect 4096 SP's on a mainstream card. With that many SP's the R9 380X would be twice as fast as its predecessor the R9 280X.

I'm very skeptical of this, although hopefully if true this means the 390x will be released in time for me to upgrade this summer.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

If it turns out to be as good as it seems, This might be a replacement for my 270X!

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

*Hope its only 350$*

Doubt it though , might be ~$400-$650

Im interested in the 370x or 360x

Or wtf the 390x is gonna be.

I can deal with $450 no problem if the benchmarks that have been supposedly leaked are true.

Can people stop complaining about the 300w TDP, that after reading through this tread have yet to find a real proof that the R9 380x even has a 300w TDP. Even if it was true, (based USA average kwh cost) you would only save $24 a year compared to a GTX 980 (The most likely competition).... Your not saving much, not enough that it should even matter.

According to Google, 7999 KR is $1217.48 AU. I'd love to pick up a 390 but if that's the price for a 380x, I don't think I'm going to be able to fork out for anything higher than a 370 or something.

Fuck.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Can people stop complaining about the 300w TDP, that after reading through this tread have yet to find a real proof that the R9 380x even has a 300w TDP. Even if it was true, (based USA average kwh cost) you would only save $24 a year compared to a GTX 980 (The most likely competition).... Your not saving much, not enough that it should even matter.

Yeah it's pathetic.

I am a bit worried about the heat output though, considering I don't have aircon. I'll wait and see though, it could run like a fkin fridge.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I don't see why anyone really cares about the 300w TDP from that card.

We have that now...with current cards.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah it's pathetic.

I am a bit worried about the heat output though, considering I don't have aircon. I'll wait and see though, it could run like a fkin fridge.

The fact that the R9 390X is reference designed around a AIO I wouldn't bank on it running that much cooler. Tho heat is really not a problem for AMD cards unless you run one of their reference air coolers. The R9 290X reference design was horrible for example. Tho with a Tri-X the same card only tops out at 75C overclocked.

The fact that the R9 390X is reference designed around a AIO I wouldn't bank on it running that much cooler.

This.

with HBM AMD doesnt need any compression trickery to squeeze out more memory performance at the price of processing power

hope its not a failure

U CAN DO THIS AMD I BELIEVE IN YOU

i dont care if it burns down the room

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The fact that the R9 390X is reference designed around a AIO I wouldn't bank on it running that much cooler. Tho heat is really not a problem for AMD cards unless you run one of their reference air coolers. The R9 290X reference design was horrible for example. Tho with a Tri-X the same card only tops out at 75C overclocked.

does AMD use a vapor chamber like the kepler/maxwell stock cards ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

does AMD use a vapor chamber like the kepler/maxwell stock cards ?

The R9 290X reference design is just a disgrace. From the looks of it there's a flat copper base with aluminum fins stacked on top of it. In every picture I look I don't even see a presence of heatpipes. I guess it's the same cooler used on the HD 7970.

290X_HSF.jpg

4096 stream processors?!?!?!!?!

TAKE MY WALLET NOW!!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.