It's happenning, R9 380X listed online by 2 retailers !

MetroP

Just to point out, that screenshot is from the Norwegian page of CDON, and then would make the price in NOK (The prices is ofcourse a major placeholder just so that they don't fuck up and list it for a lower price than it releases at)

Oh, and prisguide.no is not a retailer... It gathers products from websites and then sorts them based on price. A good way to find the cheapest place to buy something

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I think AMD did a good job at making the card look better. Although you can see clear similarities between materials used on some Nvidia reference cards. It would have been nice to have seen AMD use their own materials. Maybe an all black with red accents which would go with their own colour palette. But they did do a really good job already thoughl.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Did anyone actually notice the I/O? No HDMI? WTF? Are AMD high?

EDIT: Mockup and not actual design. Just ignore me and I will die of shame :(

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Did anyone actually notice the I/O? No HDMI? WTF? Are AMD high?

EDIT: Mockup and not actual design. Just ignore me and I will die of shame :(

Yeah but... displayport is better.

I call fake, there is no way the CEO sais that its coming in Q2 and this retailer 'leak' shows up in january

Yeah but... displayport is better.

If only it was widely used :/ HDMI is too popular to ignore imho.

If only it was widely used :/ HDMI is too popular to ignore imho.

It can be ignored though. Just get a DP to HDMI adapter and everyone is happy.

It can be ignored though. Just get a DP to HDMI adapter and everyone is happy.

True that. But who has like 5 bucks? :P

The person spending $400+ on a graphics card. :P

snip

Even though cdon might be a swedish company, the webstore itself is norwegian.

and prisjakt.no is not a store, it's a price guide, sort of similar to pcpartpicker. This is also a norwegian site.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Damn that's a sexy card. I may just abandon my two reference 970's :D. It's kinda like the 770, 780, and Titan adopting the 690's design - whereas this gen will be adopting the 295X2's design.

I'll take those two 970s off your hands :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well look what I'm getting instead of a 960...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

WCCF? That's a valid source now?

Can't comment on the other one, never heard of them before, they could be telling the truth.

You people need to be willing to look at WCCF when they find strong, reputable sources for their information. WCCF's been right about a lot this past year.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The R9 290X reference design is just a disgrace. From the looks of it there's a flat copper base with aluminum fins stacked on top of it. In every picture I look I don't even see a presence of heatpipes. I guess it's the same cooler used on the HD 7970.

290X_HSF.jpg

that look unsophisticated... no wonder they run so hot.

And real 4GB of HBM vram!

(*shots fired*)

The 970 can use all 4GB. It just has to use a bank-switching trick to get to the last 0.5 at a whopping 3% performance hit according to all the major reviews which carefully compared it against the 980.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The person spending $400+ on a graphics card. :P

Yeah just like when I need a phone to call someone and nobody has any money left in their prepaid, but they are fine spending 700+ euros for an iPhone fucking 6 xD

Plus fuel costs of getting it. Or postage and packaging. And the excitement about installing your shiny new GPU, followed by the realisation that you can't use it until you get this asinine adapter that wasn't advertised as needed. It's not about cost, it's about convenience. It's about adhering to AV standards (which DisplayPort is not due to piss-poor takeup, and woeful support when it has been).

Nintendo's chargers are not expensive. They aren't a laborious chore to go out and get. That doesn't mean that the hate they are getting for not including one with the New Nintendo DS isn't very justified. It's the same concept.

They should include at least one HDMI on the card, because it is the current standard. If not, it should be expected that they would include an HDMI to DP adapter with the card.

I highly doubt that it won't include HDMI. But the blasé "DP is better so I don't care" attitude is wrong for above reasons.

Plus fuel costs of getting it. Or postage and packaging. And the excitement about installing your shiny new GPU, followed by the realisation that you can't use it until you get this asinine adapter that wasn't advertised as needed. It's not about cost, it's about convenience. It's about adhering to AV standards (which DisplayPort is not due to piss-poor takeup, and woeful support when it has been).

Nintendo's chargers are not expensive. They aren't a laborious chore to go out and get. That doesn't mean that the hate they are getting for not including one with the New Nintendo DS isn't very justified. It's the same concept.

They should include at least one HDMI on the card, because it is the current standard. If not, it should be expected that they would include an HDMI to DP adapter with the card.

I highly doubt that it won't include HDMI. But the blasé "DP is better so I don't care" attitude is wrong for above reasons.

The reason Nintendo stopped including charges with their new DS's is because they have sold some 300 million of them.

I think it's goofy to not include them, or atleast make it very clear that one needs to be bought with the system, but personally I have like three of them lying around somewhere and I really don't need a fourth one.  I think a lot of potential new 3DS customers are the same way.

Same deal with adapters.  I have a stack of DVI to VGA adapters lying around somewhere that will never be used.  When HDMI came out it was a hassle to get cords then too, display port is taking over.  That said, there's no way someone releases a GPU today without an HDMI port, considering VGA ports were still around for a long ass time.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

damn that reference cooler looks sexy! I absolutely love it! if that's it...

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

damn that reference cooler looks sexy! I absolutely love it! if that's it...

I hope it isn't, there's a good amount of work that can be done to it to make it look good.