Mini-News: Windows 10 will have 2 different web browsers.

GoodBytes

Of course a more powerful and better browser will use more ressources and power.

Powerful? Not really.

Better? Subjective.

People need to get off Googles jock and realize other products exist that might work better for others.

Chrome is a piece of unoptimized trash. Opera and Safari manage to do the job without butchering system resources and battery life.

Chrome is too bloated for its own good these days.

Of course a more powerful and better browser will use more ressources and power.

And having each tab run in it's own process also uses a bit more resources, so that one crashing/freezing tab does not cause issue for the rest of the browser (This happened to me Firefox just recently).

Powerful? Not really.

Better? Subjective.

People need to get off Googles jock and realize other products exist that might work better for others.

Chrome is a piece of unoptimized trash. Opera and Safari manage to do the job without butchering system resources and battery life.

I used Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE. And the one that performed the best and was the best overall was Chrome.

I hope there's an option for "Look exactly like Internet Explorer" because that's one of the particular things I want my browser to do and it's not happening in that picture.

Yes there is. It's called "Continue to use Internet Explorer". The new IE for Windows 10 will be able to use the Spartan Engine for rendering (At least, that's what they are telling us so far).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I guess you've never heard of private/incognito mode

I'm sure u are here to be serious all the time.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I used Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE. And the one that performed the best and was the best overall was Chrome.

I run Win7Ulti with 32GB of RAM, Waterfox 34 (64-bit alt to Firefox), Opera 12.17 (none of that Chopera crap), Chrome 40, Iron 34, CoolNovo 2.0.9.20, and IE 11.

I keep IE installed for the games that need it for their launcher (STO anyone?), use Opera for the things when I need to test things, 3 flavours of Chromium for different streaming services and websites which I'm slowly cutting away life support on as I move their usages to 3 separate profiles in Waterfox (gawd I love Profile Switcher!).

I found that a week's worth of browsing for me causes Chromium-based browsers to chew upto and over 16 gigs of memory (on top with the RAM Windows hogs for itself) just for the PAGES alone (add 2-3 gigs for Flash and such), when I saved all my open tabs to bookmarks, then imported said bookmarks over to Waterfox 24 to see how much memory it took up. Since updating Waterfox to 34, I've found that would take 16GB in Chromium or WF24 now takes up maybe 8GB worst-case scenario in WF34 and there's no bloating of processes for each and every tab and plugin/addon.

Then again, I'm a HEAVY multitasker and don't close tabs unless I'm finished with them and won't open them again for like a week or more. That includes things like YT surfing, surfing all the various forums I frequent, Wiki-walking, email checking, story reading... So YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary), to use a TVTropes shorthand.

I run Win7Ulti with 32GB of RAM, Waterfox 34 (64-bit alt to Firefox), Opera 12.17 (none of that Chopera crap), Chrome 40, Iron 34, CoolNovo 2.0.9.20, and IE 11.

I keep IE installed for the games that need it for their launcher (STO anyone?), use Opera for the things when I need to test things, 3 flavours of Chromium for different streaming services and websites which I'm slowly cutting away life support on as I move their usages to 3 separate profiles in Waterfox (gawd I love Profile Switcher!).

I found that a week's worth of browsing for me causes Chromium-based browsers to chew upto and over 16 gigs of memory (on top with the RAM Windows hogs for itself) just for the PAGES alone (add 2-3 gigs for Flash and such), when I saved all my open tabs to bookmarks, then imported said bookmarks over to Waterfox 24 to see how much memory it took up. Since updating Waterfox to 34, I've found that would take 16GB in Chromium or WF24 now takes up maybe 8GB worst-case scenario in WF34 and there's no bloating of processes for each and every tab and plugin/addon.

Then again, I'm a HEAVY multitasker and don't close tabs unless I'm finished with them and won't open them again for like a week or more. That includes things like YT surfing, surfing all the various forums I frequent, Wiki-walking, email checking, story reading... So YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary), to use a TVTropes shorthand.

Well, I play some browser games and internet explorer seems to slow down every time I put one up. But for chrome, each tab seems to be responding perfectly. This is with only 1.5gb of ram though.

It seems like with less ram, chrome just seems to be better to me.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'm sure u are here to be serious all the time.

I'm only serious when i encounter jokes as old as the universe that can't possible be jokes anymore, since they makes no sense.

Praise Duarte!

as long as I don't have to use bing, I don't care lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

With that much RAM usage (regardless of browser), are you sure that you aren't bottlenecked by your CPU?

Chrome is one of the worst browsers on the market right now, so I'd get off the bandwagon and try some alternatives. 

I swore left right and centre by Chrome, but Chrome is just bad at resource management and loves burning battery for no real reason. Im happy I stopped using it, got a good 2 hours of battery life back just by switching browsers. 

Powerful? Not really.

Better? Subjective.

Your argument is solely how resource intensive Chrome is which is probably related to how much memory it consumes. I personally would like to hear logic behind how bad Chrome is other than it utilizing available resources.

2 browsers = twice as many possible vulnerabilities to exploit? Not sure what I think about this. Although this issue should be on the insignificant side for IE.

Seems to be an increasing level of fragmentation in the browser market, much like messaging apps (i.e. WhatsApp, MegaChat, the list goes on etc.) What I do know is that enterprise will stick to IE until the end of time.

Keen to see what Spartan is like though. My primary browser is Firefox and my secondary one is Chrome. However, as a couple have mentioned in this thread, Chrome's resource management is extremely poor and has been on a downhill spiral for a while. Some of their UI alterations for mobile Chrome are also highly questionable.

In terms of Spartan, add-ons will be the deal breaker for me. At a minimum Adblock Plus and HTTPS Everywhere must be available for me to consider using it as a daily driver.

Ok Im using Chrome on win 8.1 atm but a lot of people here saying its bad. Should I switch? I hate IE and I guess would switch to Mozilla as thats what I used before chrome. I just like the interface of Chrome the most.Im not a heavy user at all I have maybe MAX 4 tabs open at a time and even that not often. When I play games I usually have Chrome also open so I dunno if the supposedly huge RAM consumption makes gaming worse I never bothered to look into that.

So if Im a light user and use Chrome, should I switch? Hmm

Also my Xperia Z3 Compact came with Chrome and I use Chrome on that too :/

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Check the specs of Beast in my sig - Win7Ulti, 3770K @ 4.2GHz (currently stock at 3.5 due to it being Summer), 32GB RAM, Z77 mobo, 6GB GTX780...

It's fairly safe to saw that the CPU ain't the bottleneck, not in my rig.

Ok, I just wondering. Just something that Linus mentioned (indirectly) on his TechQuickie about paging file

What do you use now?

Op Well we can still choose what we want to use right? im deff going with spartan when win 10 gets released.

He uses Safari.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...