AMD A10-5800k running at very high temps!?! *NEED HELP*

mightytech

Aww well that sucks, I thought I had cracked it lol

Bioshock possibly but I don't know, I've got to start gaming more so I have a good idea on things

Well under full load it got around 85 degrees....AHHH im thinking about loading every possible place with a fan and running them all at high RPMs. XD

Well under full load it got around 85 degrees....AHHH im thinking about loading every possible place with a fan and running them all at high RPMs. XD

I don't even know if the CPU cooler is any good, I'm unfamiliar with them, I would recommend getting a liquid cooling kit but it's a lot of money on something that may not make a lot of difference.

While you had it loaded up, did you see what voltage was going through it?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I don't even know if the CPU cooler is any good, I'm unfamiliar with them, I would recommend getting a liquid cooling kit but it's a lot of money on something that may not make a lot of difference.

it was the same

it was the same

1.475v or 1.544v ?

0.069v might make all the difference but I doubt it'll run that much hotter as a result.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well i looked at reviews on it and people were putting them on extreme editions and i7s with no problem

1.475v

It's making my head hurt, I can't think of anything so I'm going to bed now lol

2:56am.

It's making my head hurt, I can't think of anything so I'm going to bed now lol

2:56am.

just tried a simulated load (BTW it almost got up to 100 degrees Celsius) and it was 1.544 but when i played bioshock it said 1.475

Ok now the voltages are at 0.960-1.000. i turned up the fan RPM all the way but its still at 45-50 (Better)

45-50 degrees at idle?

I have an a10-5800k and hwmonitor was giving me crazy numbers like idle at 55 and load at 82. My bios says im idling at 40 and another program (i forget the name cause im on my laptop) says i idle at 40 and go up to 52 full load. My cooler is the gelid tranquillo rev 2. Also, Im oc'd to 4.4 and am using the dual graphics. I think its just hwmonitor man.

I have an a10-5800k and hwmonitor was giving me crazy numbers like idle at 55 and load at 82. My bios says im idling at 40 and another program (i forget the name cause im on my laptop) says i idle at 40 and go up to 52 full load. My cooler is the gelid tranquillo rev 2. Also, Im oc'd to 4.4 and am using the dual graphics. I think its just hwmonitor man.

HWMonitor might not like AMD CPU's because I've never come across that with Intel's though I thought they kind of used the same basic thermometers but I  don't really know.

Sure is a weird one.

Use realtemp 3.70, this actually reads from the core itself and get prime95

open up cpuz, realtemp, prime95 and stress is with the blend option, then take a screenshot and post it here

Like so:

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&id=4tHcl56imKGxmaSW1tiU3OfL

for some reason its tiny, but you get the point

Let's agree to disagree

my bios says i idle at 28 HWmonitor says at full load i get to 80-100

Use realtemp 3.70, this actually reads from the core itself and get prime95

open up cpuz, realtemp, prime95 and stress is with the blend option, then take a screenshot and post it here

Like so:

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&id=4tHcl56imKGxmaSW1tiU3OfL

for some reason its tiny, but you get the point

9DnFWOo.png

It got past the Tj max...alot

Earlier yesterday i bumped up the RPMs so its better then 100 degrees at load.

Not core temp, realtemp bro

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

core temp is pretty good too.

But there is something wrong tough 47° idle for an amd IS hot

Let's agree to disagree

Not core temp, realtemp bro

Realtemp does not work on AMD processors.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

core temp is pretty good too.

But there is something wrong tough 47° idle for an amd IS hot

IDK what to do. Ive tried everything everyone has recommended, nothing. Im going to install a super thick fan to see if that works. (It did on my athlon X2 XD) 

IDK what to do. Ive tried everything everyone has recommended, nothing. Im going to install a super thick fan to see if that works. (It did on my athlon X2 XD) 

Increased airflow is only going to help, sure can't make things worse unless you're bothered about the acoustic level lol