AMD A10-5800k running at very high temps!?! *NEED HELP*

mightytech

Under full 100 % load its 100ºC

Idle is 40-50ºC

that’s hot as fuk did u over clock ur cpu ?

if not did u seat it correctly ?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Under full 100 % load its 100ºC

Idle is 40-50ºC

Try re-seating the CPU

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

It definitely seems like the cooler was not installed correctly.
Remove the CPU cooler, clean the CPU with isopropyl alchohol, re-apply thermal paste, put a dot in the middle the size of a pea.
maxresdefault.jpg

Then re-install the CPU cooler, make sure the cooler is created adequate pressure on the CPU socket, if the cooler is installed loosely the temperatures will go crazy.

After that you can go into the bios & under-volt your CPU to improve temperatures even further.

Have you tried under volting at the stock clocks? I have seen where they can undervolt to 1.2-1.25v at stock clocks. This isn't a fix, but it will save from further silicon degradation until you figure out what the problem is.

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

Try leaving the case covers open also. That helped my Core2Duo go from 70+ to 60ish on stock cooler. Reapplying thermal grease got it to 45s

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

I own an A10-5800k and I feel your pain, I'm using the stock cooler and hitting 80-85C under prime95 at 3.8ghz, not even enabled the turbo mode.

Also a 500W PSU is perfectly adequate for an A10 system, I'm running a A10 + HD 7770 with no issues :)

Have you re-seated the cooler yet? That's insanely hot for an AMD CPU and if you aren't overclocking there is no way it should get that hot. You should probably also reset your CMOS to make sure you haven't adjusted any voltage options.

2500k @ 4.8, R9 290x, 256GB Vertex 4, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Brown, Logitech G602 Mouse, Kingwin Lazer 1000w Platinum PSU, Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 8GB @1866, Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3, Xonar U7, Sennheiser 598, Switch 810, Coolermaster Hyper 212 with 1x Noctua nf-f12

I own an A10-5800k and I feel your pain, I'm using the stock cooler and hitting 80-85C under prime95 at 3.8ghz, not even enabled the turbo mode.

well stock cooler sucks i use to hit 80 / 85 C when i was playing games it sucked prime 95 took it too 105 C damn ....  so i waited and bought a new cooler

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Reseat your cooler, use new thermal paste.  A lot of people complain about  high temps on trinity and richland APUs so you might want to invest a few bucks in a new cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103100

I don't know how AMD's recent stock cooler is but the last one i used (phemon II days) was less than adequate.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

• 3 weeks later...

Reseat your cooler, use new thermal paste.  A lot of people complain about  high temps on trinity and richland APUs so you might want to invest a few bucks in a new cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103100

I don't know how AMD's recent stock cooler is but the last one i used (phemon II days) was less than adequate.

I have a NZXT aftermarket cooler (120mm)

Have you re-seated the cooler yet? That's insanely hot for an AMD CPU and if you aren't overclocking there is no way it should get that hot. You should probably also reset your CMOS to make sure you haven't adjusted any voltage options.

I've done both with no luck :/ 

I would recommend changing the cooler to something like a Hyper 212 EVO, which has great reviews and keeps things cool.  Not only that but the thermal paste isn't total crap.  I'd recommend not using pre-installed thermal paste as its sometimes not optimal and I also recommend putting on a little bit of thermal paste and spreading it across, as doing the pea method can be easy and faster but if not done exactly right can lead to high temps.  If the PC has a graphics card it also might help to move it down.  Also get a decent psu, if not already and set the BIOS settings to default, that might help.  Please also mesure the ambient temps in the front and the exhaust, to make sure the fans aren't bad.  I also used to use an APU and got 90c during idle... CRAZY! so I've never used one again. Also keep in mind that your cooler might not have direct contact heat pipes like the 212 EVO which could cause thermal paste to go in between the gaps, Hope this helps ;D 

Please also tell me what cooler, PSU, Motherboard, GPU (if any) and case the system has, I can do some research and ask around. 

If you have got a dedicated graphics card, my guess would be that the Integraded one is producing a good amount of heat aswell.. so you may take a look into this, and try using AIDA64 as Temperature reading tool, hence its working for all my AMD CPu's i have/had

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I would recommend changing the cooler to something like a Hyper 212 EVO, which has great reviews and keeps things cool.  Not only that but the thermal paste isn't total crap.  I'd recommend not using pre-installed thermal paste as its sometimes not optimal and I also recommend putting on a little bit of thermal paste and spreading it across, as doing the pea method can be easy and faster but if not done exactly right can lead to high temps.  If the PC has a graphics card it also might help to move it down.  Also get a decent psu, if not already and set the BIOS settings to default, that might help.  Please also mesure the ambient temps in the front and the exhaust, to make sure the fans aren't bad.  I also used to use an APU and got 90c during idle... CRAZY! so I've never used one again. Also keep in mind that your cooler might not have direct contact heat pipes like the 212 EVO which could cause thermal paste to go in between the gaps, Hope this helps ;D 

Please also tell me what cooler, PSU, Motherboard, GPU (if any) and case the system has, I can do some research and ask around. 

PSU is a corsair GS 700 GPU is discrete and case is this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1709407&CatId=1844