Google Got A New Patent To "Automatically enabling private browsing of a web page"

AndThenThereWas1

Google wants to implement automatic privacy protection within a browser. When the user opens a webpage, Google’s software will decide if the webpage warrants privacy and if it does no data will be collected by the browser. It would also let the user set filters for webpages that should be automatically open in privacy mode. Unfortunately this feature will probably only be applied to Google Chrome.

The Patent's abstract:

Systems, methods and computer storage mediums automatically enabling private browsing of a web page are described herein. Embodiments of the present disclosure relate to equipping a web browser with the ability to automatically open web pages in a privacy mode based on content of the web pages so that a user is not required to manually activate the privacy mode. The web browser is able to identify characteristics of the content provided by the web pages by analyzing the web pages for content that increases the likelihood that the user may require that the web page be opened in the privacy mode.

Key Points:

Embodiments of the present disclosure relate to automatic private browsing of a web page. In a first embodiment, a computer implemented method includes steps for automatically enabling private browsing of a web page in a privacy mode. A user request to open the web page can be received. A determination can be made as to whether the web page should be opened in the privacy mode. The privacy mode can be enabled to prevent storage of web page usage information generated as the user browses the web page. The web page can automatically be opened in the privacy mode so that the user is not required to activate the privacy mode.

In a second embodiment, a system provides a web page that automatically enables private browsing of a web page in a privacy mode. A user request manager receives a user request from a user to open the web page. A privacy mode enabler determines whether the web page is to be opened in the privacy mode. The privacy mode enabler enables the privacy mode to prevent storage of web page usage information generated as the user browses the web page. A web page renderer opens the web page in the privacy mode so that the user is not required to manually activate the privacy mode.

In a third embodiment, a computer storage medium encoded within a computer program where the program comprises instructions that when executed by one or more processors cause the one or more processors to perform operations to automatically enable private browsing for a web page. A web page is opened when a user request to open the web page is received. Whether the web page is to be opened in the privacy mode is determined. The privacy mode is enabled to prevent storage of web page usage information generated as the user browses the web page. The web page is automatically opened in the privacy mode so that the user is not required to manually activate the privacy mode.

....and yes it will also work when browsing "mature" content ;-)

(FYI The claims do not refer to the embodiments from the above quote. To see the claims look at the patent source below)

6. The method of claim 1, wherein determining whether the web page was previously filtered comprises: determining that the web page has been previously filtered by a dynamic lookup service.

7. The method of claim 6, wherein the dynamic lookup service filters web pages that include mature content so that one or more filtered web pages do not appear as search results.

8. The method of claim 1, wherein the web page was previously filtered because the web page was previously determined to contain mature content.

google-patent.png

source:

Patent

http://thetechportal.in/2015/01/15/google-chrome-incognito-automatically/

Google has realized that people are lazy and dont want to take the time an effort to protect their own privacy. Personally, I think this will be a great feature for google chrome.

The web browser is able to identify characteristics of the content provided by the web pages by analyzing the web pages for content that increases the likelihood that the user may require that the web page be opened in the privacy mode.

AKA, Google Chrome will drop you into Incognito when browsing pr0n?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

AKA, Google Chrome will drop you into Incognito when browsing pr0n?

automatically!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

automatically!

I love me some 21st century

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

and now people are too lazy to ctrl+shit+n

edit: anyway I don't like incognito mode cause I cannot find anything in my historic after

So now other browser's users can't be automatically incognito => more cash for Google ?

and now people are too lazy to ctrl+shit+n

edit: anyway I don't like incognito mode cause I cannot find anything in my historic after

Umm thats part of the incognito mode...leaves no trace of your surfing at all.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

So now other browser's users can't be automatically incognito => more cash for Google ?

They just cant do it the same way. They could use a blacklist method but scanning page content to automatically do it looks to be whats getting patent protection here.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

And microsoft's version of this would be a paper clip that says:

"It appears you want a wank,  would you like some privacy? I can close the curtains and delete your search history"

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And microsoft's version of this would be a paper clip that says:

"It appears you want a wank,  would you like some privacy? I can close the curtains and delete your search history"

This is all wrong. Clippy would ask if we needed advice on our technique.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Umm thats part of the incognito mode...leaves no trace of your surfing at all.

yeah that's the part I don't like I wanna monitor myself ^^

Damn it Google , Don't patent this shit , Develope it ,but patent?

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China