Hey guys WTF is going on !

I/O

That's cool, I'm in the middle of a 5 paragraph report on Net Neutrality and then I need to read a 500 or so page biography on Kevin Mitnick, by tomorrow.

I am going to do reserch for 5hrs tonight on the benifits of a RAW organic vegatable diet !

Good for you. I'm in the middle of a 5-paragraph essay due tomorrow on top of a lot of other shit that I need to do for school.

same, teachers are cramming tests because wednesday is the last day they can test us before midterms on monday.

i have a spanish project due tomorrow and an oral test for the same class tomorrow as well

a paper and 2 tests on wednesday

THEN on monday i get to take my math and english midterm, in the same fucking 4 hour span.....

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Name one time you have never said lol. i'm sick of lol.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

aerospace engineering? Did you make the ship in your avatar? :P

Actually though, how do you like it? I'm interested in a few different engineering majors, including aerospace (school near me is pretty damn good at it).

Right about now, I can't say much. 1st year is really very introductory. The way my university does it though (Ryerson) is 1st semester is all general engineering courses (Calc 1, Intro to eng, Physics 1, Chem 1, Linear Algebra), and 2nd semester is where it branches off, unlike most which branch off at 2nd/3rd year. What I can say though is going into an engineering program requires really good study habits. 1st semester is really easy actually because it's just a more advanced highschool. But you gotta be pretty disciplined in doing your homework, time management, and doing enough without getting burnt out (like what happened to me). What throws most 1st semester students off I think is how abstract Linear Algebra is. My advice is for any sort of math, don't understand it, just do it (then understand it after). IMO math is all about sets of rules that you follow to solve a problem. 

TLDR: Yeah I do love engineering. I think it's amazing that it's where you can make science and math really useful. That'd being said, it's hard work because it's a lot of material to cover in 4 years. It would be much easier if it was the same amount of material but in 6 years, but then they wouldn't call engineering hard, would they? ;) All in all, I can't wait to be studying fluid dynamics, orbital mechanics, propulsion, flight mechanics etc. Right now I think my most interesting course in 2nd semester is Intro to Material Science.

Oh addendum, that ship (The Enterprise NX-01) from star trek is what inspired me to go into aerospace engineering. Even though I know we are far from that, working in an industry that advances the space frontier is just so invigorating :D

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Right about now, I can't say much. 1st year is really very introductory. The way my university does it though (Ryerson) is 1st semester is all general engineering courses (Calc 1, Intro to eng, Physics 1, Chem 1, Linear Algebra), and 2nd semester is where it branches off, unlike most which branch off at 2nd/3rd year. What I can say though is going into an engineering program requires really good study habits. 1st semester is really easy actually because it's just a more advanced highschool. But you gotta be pretty disciplined in doing your homework, time management, and doing enough without getting burnt out (like what happened to me). What throws most 1st semester students off I think is how abstract Linear Algebra is. My advice is for any sort of math, don't understand it, just do it (then understand it after). IMO math is all about sets of rules that you follow to solve a problem. 

TLDR: Yeah I do love engineering. I think it's amazing that it's where you can make science and math really useful. That'd being said, it's hard work because it's a lot of material to cover in 4 years. It would be much easier if it was the same about of material but in 6 years, but then they wouldn't call engineering hard, would they? ;) All in all, I can't wait to be studying fluid dynamics, orbital mechanics, propulsion, flight mechanics etc. Right now I think my most interesting course in 2nd semester is Intro to Material Science.

Do yourself a huge favor, for your sanity and career, do it in 5 years (or more) and spend at least 1 semester doing a coop working full time. It will give you a break and a much better idea of what engineers do on a daily basis, plus a huge advantage when you go looking for a real job once you graduate.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Do yourself a huge favor, for your sanity and career, do it in 5 years (or more) and spend at least 1 semester doing a coop working full time. It will give you a break and a much better idea of what engineers do on a daily basis, plus a huge advantage when you go looking for a real job once you graduate.

Yup I plan to go for this coop program that my University offers specifically for Aerospace called RIADI that partners you up with people in the industry like Pratt and Whitney and Bombardier. Hopefully I can get an internship position in the spring-summer semester there if I can boost up my mediocre 3.0 GPA ;(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Yup I plan to go for this coop program that my University offers specifically for Aerospace called RIADI that partners you up with people in the industry like Pratt and Whitney and Bombardier. Hopefully I can get an internship position in the spring-summer semester there if I can boost up my mediocre 3.0 GPA ;(

Internships are great but coops are better. The first couple of semesters are the toughest as the professors are trying to weed out the people who dont really really want to be there.

Good luck!

3.0 is better than my first semester 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

TRAINS

are

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

HOLY SHIT I KNOW THAT CHANNEL AND I ACTUALLY SPOKE TO HIM ON NYCTF

*awesome story snip*

That story had me giggling like a school girl.

Read my member title lol.

Oh... right...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

HOLY SHIT I KNOW THAT CHANNEL AND I ACTUALLY SPOKE TO HIM ON NYCTF

-snip-

LMAO :lol:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Forget the asparagus, how about a real beer?

Black stuff?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Jus having a 2 hour long class... Biology... Fuck

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Got sick today..

At just the right moment though. I was working on the ruby programming course on codeacademy. And talking to my teacher. 

And i was feeling pretty bad already at that point (Still thought i could make it through the day)

But just as the teacher mentioned javascript.

e8Y3Eig.gif

So perfect timing.. Although i had  to run to the bathroom after that.. And then go home

Ended up performing what can only be described as a drive by vomiting too.. Fuck flu season..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Can you please show me the way? 

How?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!