Favorite Part of Building a PC?

Lolzious

So, what's your favorite step in building a computer? Whether its the click when you pop in a ram stick, un-boxing the components, or even modding. We all have that one part that we love.

Mine would have to be cable management <3 when you take something OK looking and make it beautiful hahaha

Unboxing.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I take my time when building a computer so finally being finished and looking at a beautifully cable managed, dust-free PC then pressing the power button to see the fans spin up and display a imagine on the monitor is the most satisfying moment of the build for me.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

putting in cpu, ram and gpu

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

Cable management for sure. I threw my system together because i needed it for a lan at the time... Needless to say cable management was crap because i was rushing the build. A few weeks ago i finally got around to redoing it and making it pretty, Now its just like DAYUMM! except for one of my coolant lines :/ it bothers me but i lacked a right angle fitting to make it a cleaner run.

putting the rams in... I just can't have enough of that satisfying *click*   :S 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

that orgasmic moment it posts.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Building with friends. Built my friends today with like 4 other friends. Awesome experience, fun times.

The ups guy dropping off two small boxes then saying "Hi, I have more boxes, let me bring them out first". But its also terrifying if its a DHL truck, "Hi, let me drop kick your shit to you."

My second favorite part is when I have the computer ghetto-rigged on the mobo box with a 6 year old monitor that reads "No boot device found."

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

When the UPS guy plays football with your new motherboard.

....................../´¯/) 

....................,/¯../ 
.................../..../ 
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 
.........\.................'...../ 
..........''...\.......... _.·´ 
............\..............( 
..............\.............\...

buying it and unblinking everything

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Unboxing.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

When the CPU cover comes off when pulling down the retention arm down, I dont know what it is, but its just so satisfying when the cover hits you in the face... :)

I wouldn't know :/ (AMD)

That moment when you see the pump kick on and the coolant starts flowing through that massive radiator array in your closet...

Aha! CPU buddies!! Lol

You're also using a 5600k!? Nice...

I checked your profile and see that you've got a pretty awsome rig... Why not try to push it to 4.5GHz? Cooling and VRM seems good enough...

Ahhhhhhhhhh :( darn man. Its so fun thoo. otherwise it would be RAM. Cant tell me you havent put in RAM? Eh?

When the pins slide into the socket perfectly, and you can feel the air remove itself out from underneath it. Then another surprise when you look at the watt meter you ordered for the 'fun' of it and your cpu looks like its pulling 250 watts from the wall. "Well, kids we had to get rid of the microwave, just put your pizza pockets on the radiator of this pc."

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Ahhhhhhhhhh :( darn man. Its so fun thoo. otherwise it would be RAM. Cant tell me you havent put in RAM? Eh?

Haha. Actually I do know! I'm stupid, I replaced the thermal paste on a Pentium a while back and flipped the cover down out of curiosity xD

When the pins slide into the socket perfectly, and you can feel the air remove itself out from underneath it. Then another surprise when you look at the watt meter you ordered for the 'fun' of it and your cpu looks like its pulling 250 watts from the wall. "Well, kids we had to get rid of the microwave, just put your pizza pockets on the radiator of this pc."

haha. While i play Titanfall i could probably cook an egg on my 260x, that thing gets to high 70's. 

I know what you mean, but my little piss ant CPU is only 100 watts :( hahahaha

haha. While i play Titanfall i could probably cook an egg on my 260x, that thing gets to high 70's. 

HAH! Cute

My old 5770 got to 90c once with a 50mhz overclock on GTA 4 ._. high settings, 1440x900

You're also using a 5600k!? Nice...

I checked your profile and see that you've got a pretty awsome rig... Why not try to push it to 4.5GHz? Cooling and VRM seems good enough...

Don't tempt me! Haha