This phone supports up to 320GB of storage and comes already rooted

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/6/7505955/saygus-v-squared-super-smartphone-ces-2015

You all wanted your high storage Android smartphone, and now you're getting it. The only downer is that you've probably never heard of the company before, so who knows! But anyways, phone manufacturer Saygus is coming with their new smartphone, the V2.

What sets the V2 apart from its competitors is the fact that it can have have up 320GB of storage. They do this by having 64GB of internal storage, and having *2* microSD expansion slots. You also got top tier specs with this phone as well. Powering the device is a Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.5GHz, 3GB of RAM, 21MP rear camera (with dual LED flash), 13MP front-facing camera, a 5" 1080p display, and to make everything stick together is Android 4.4 KitKat. The V2 also has Harmon Kardon speakers, a biometric fingerprint scanner, and built-in Qi wireless charging.

My personal favorite thing though is that the phone comes rooted right out of the box. This just made the Android nerd inside me tingle a little bit. More phone manufacturers should really start doing this... Just have it as a developer's options setting.

Anyways, the V2 is planned to be released this spring, and Saygus says that pricing will be "competitive with other 5" devices." What's even better is that Saygus is working with all of the major USA wireless carriers in order for them to carry the V2. If so, that'll be a major win, because few people will buy a phone at a full $600+ price tag, especially not from a brand that they've never heard of before. But if they get in with the carriers, then you can get the phone subsidies with a 2year contract.

1e6477c19f.jpg

e36b085623.jpg

COMIC SANS

Take my iPhone 6+. I can store more music on this!

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Interesting phone, simply love how the phone is pre-rooted.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Would love to see how this goes down :)

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

i mean it has nice storage but the other specs are meh

Meh specs? The specs are REALLY good man...

COMIC SANS

Its more like 64GB of storage plus 256 more of slow storage...

micro SD cards have pretty slow read and write speeds compared to flash :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i mean it has nice storage but the other specs are meh

What? All the specs are about top notch

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

There's absolutely no way any carrier like AT&T or Verizon will carry this, it sounds way too open for them.  I hope T mobile take a close look at it though because it awesome.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

There's absolutely no way any carrier like AT&T or Verizon will carry this, it sounds way too open for them.  I hope T mobile take a close look at it though because it awesome.

T-Mobile will more than likely carry it. As will Sprint. I could possibly maybe see AT&T carrying it, but not Verizon. Verizon doesn't carry "not popular" brands, unfortunately.

COMIC SANS

@Sidiox

1440p is pretty much a standard now. i believe thats a snapdragon 801 if its 2.5ghz when the 805 is out so yes the specs are meh considering it will have a similar price to other smartphones with higher specs.

Yet nobody really wants 1440p on a smartphone, nor is there a need for it on a smartphone. As for the whole thing with the Snapdragon 805, there's only a few devices that run it. Most still use a Snapdragon 800 or 801, and those are still very powerful chips.

COMIC SANS

T-Mobile will more than likely carry it. As will Sprint. I could possibly maybe see AT&T carrying it, but not Verizon. Verizon doesn't carry "not popular" brands, unfortunately.

ey tmo. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

@Sidiox

1440p is pretty much a standard now. i believe thats a snapdragon 801 if its 2.5ghz when the 805 is out so yes the specs are meh considering it will have a similar price to other smartphones with higher specs.

Screw 1440p. "pretty much a standard" damn Good battery life is suppose to be a standard too but where in flipping hell is that. So I couldn't give a damn as long as it's above 300ppi.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

yes because nobody wants something thats better for the same price. im pretty sure almost all flagship devices rolling out have the 805

No, most flagship phones still use the 800 or 801...more so the 801. Take the Galaxy S5 for exmaple. That's an 801 device.

The only phones that have a Snapdragon 805 - and I'm quoting this directly from Qualcomm's website - are the Droid Turbo, Nexus 6, Galaxy Note 4, and the Galaxy Note Edge. That's not a large line up at all.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/devices/all?type=Smartphone

COMIC SANS

Screw 1440p. "pretty much a standard" damn Good battery life is suppose to be a standard too but where in flipping hell is that. So I couldn't give a damn as long as it's above 300ppi.

And this is why all future phones for me must have a 3,000mAh battery or higher, or should at least have a removable battery so I can swap it out with an aftermarket battery. And this is why I love my G3 so much, because it has both. I could care less about it's 1440p screen, because there's no real content for it on the Android side.

COMIC SANS

the gs5 is not a new phone it was released in april 2014

Okay fine, then we'll use the latest Xperia devices as an example. Those came out fairly recently and they're still using Snapdragon 801s.

Plus I was using the GS5 as an example because that line of smartphones from Samsung is the most popular line in the Android space.

COMIC SANS

yes because nobody wants something thats better for the same price. im pretty sure almost all flagship devices rolling out have the 805

At that pixel density it is a miniscule difference. MINISCULE!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

i never said their was much of a difference i said it was better.

If it's better by such a tiny amount as to be almost imperceptible at the cost of lower working time per mAH, then no thanks.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

what about the droid turbo, nexus 6, note 4 and note edge they all have 805s

We've covered this already. You said that almost all flagship phones have the 805, which they do not. A large majority of the flagship phones use the 801.............

COMIC SANS

Hmm...darn it. I wanted a One Plus One too but you can't use it on Verizon networks. :(

Looks pretty cool. Great specs too.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

the snapdragon 805 will make a difference but im sure you ignored that too.

805 is based on the same ARM cores on the same lithography. Sorry but what load of malarkey do you think is going to make up the power difference?

We've covered this already. You said that almost all flagship phones have the 805, which they do not. A large majority of the flagship phones use the 801.............

The next crop of flagship's will most likely have the 810 at this point. The 805 seems like a bit of a tweener chip.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The next crop of flagship's will most likely have the 810 at this point. The 805 seems like a bit of a tweener chip.

Exactly. The 805 came out at a weird time, which is why it isn't popular. The 810 is coming out around the time when new flagships are announced and launched.

COMIC SANS