CONFESSION: I Hate Gaming With Mouse/Keyboard

CDHoward

"The XBox pad just feels SO much better, faster, more comfortable and more accurate."

I can understand that getting used to something completely different is very hard. But u are 100% wrong on saying that gampads are "more accurate" because they are totally not :) mouse wipes its butt with gamepads' accuracy.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I use it for GTA, as driving is so much better in every way. I'm fine with the shooting to be honest. But any fps for me it has to be a M and KB.

I adopted very quickly. Play around with it some more and experiment to make it more ergonomic.

Get used to it, just give it time even if it will be painful. It is much more accurate and faster

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Controller works better on a handful of games. But, nothing beats a keyboard and mouse. 

Mate don't feel bad, many use controllers on PC. Personally I use it for most of the storyline games that I play on couch in front of tv, only use KB and mouse for non gaming related stuff as well as battlefield 4. I don't think xbox one will work wireless though, you would have to have it plugged in at all times. Standard 360 controller has wireless receiver so you will be good. Or you can buy ps4 controller and play wirelessly via bluetooth.  

Exactly :)

By the way: Would you recommend using the 360 or XBoxOne Pad? Is their PC compatibility advantages with either one?

From my experience. The Xbox One controller is more sensitive/accurate than the Xbox 360 controller in regards to the thumbstick and the triggers.

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

I played all FPS game like FC3, BF3/4, Crysis(s) etc2 on my pc using Xbox 360 controller. It just feels more relaxed and convenient to not have to place your hands and spread out on the desk. Accuracy is obviously much worser than using kb/m but I have a friend (he's a proper pilot btw,not some kid) who plays CODs on ps3 and has god like accuracy with a controller which I don't think I can even compete with him using kb/m. It's all about skills and preference really. 

Dont give up on it just yet bro, Trust me, once you get use to it, you will not want to go back to a game pad. You feel more immersed with a keyboard and mouse.

I'm personally am more immersed with a gamepad. I use k/m for more task-intensive games (mmo, rts, rpg) but most 1st/3rd person games is where I whip my ps3 gamepad out (yes, I use a dualshock 3 on my pc :P ).

Its all about preference. Just like I prefer scissor switch over mechanical and don't shell out more than needed for a general optical mouse. I like my k/m for practical uses, but I can quick scope and precision shot way faster and more accurately with a gamepad. Its what I'm comfortable with.

However, I don't knock the preference of others. Game however you like.

Back to the OP's question, google xbox 360 wireless dongle. You should still be able to find them in local shops too.

- Alston

I just can't get used to it. And I simply don't like it.

The XBox pad just feels SO much better, faster, more comfortable and more accurate.

So, will a wireless XBoxOne pad work on PC, after installing their drivers? Or does it have to be wired?

I was a console gamer from 1993 up until 2014. Sold my ps4 for pc parts, built a pc in september and about 3 weeks ago finally got used to mouse and keyboard.

I'm now on the same comfort level as i was with a controller and trust me when i say this...mouse and keyboard will destroy a controller every time, unless it's racing games and "some" 3rd person games.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

i couldnt stand mouse and keyboard, bought a new mouse/keyboard and now i cant stand controllers. just about having the right feel, going from membrane to cherry keyswitch was a huge impact to my gaming lifestyle, same with 3200dpi mouse to 8200dpi

Dont give up on mouse+keyboard, its hard to adjust but when u finally get the hang of it, its amazing

With my limited movement of my right hand, I don't play PC games with mouse and keyboard either, when I have a choice I use a Xbox 360 controller and other times I use my G13 gaming board which lets me use what controls I can mange with the one hand.  For many gamers using a controller is better for them compared to mouse and keyboard, each to their own I say.

Cry Havoc!

It totally depends on the genre really, and also whether it's competitive or not.

For first person shooters, you'd do well to get used to mouse and keyboard due to the better accuracy. At first, there could be a scenario where you do better with a controller, but that's simply a case of not being used to using a M+K in shooters. You just need to get a feel for it. In almost every situation, a M+K player is going to be in a superior position to a controller player.

For third person shooters, it's the same case, although sometimes I prefer using a controller if there's no competitive elements. For example, I'd prefer playing a game like Last of Us or Uncharted with a controller rather than M+K (if they were on PC to begin with, of course). Then again, games like MGS: Ground Zeroes work better with M+K. It really depends.

For RTS/MOBAs/MMOs, of course a M+K is essentially required, and a better choice. I know some MMOs actually have controller support, and yet I've never seen one MMO where a controller is ideal to use.

For platformers, a controller wins every time in my opinion. Especially for 3D platformers.

For racers, I'd say a controller is better (or ideally, a wheel but not everyone has one).

For fighters, a controller is better than a M+K, but a fight stick beats them both. I don't think I've ever seen a proper competitive Street Fighter player use a keyboard.

And then there are individual cases. The Souls games are awful with a M+K, and so a controller is pretty much a must. I prefer controllers with those types of games anyway.

Really it all comes down to preference though.

The XBox pad just feels SO much better, faster, more comfortable and more accurate.

When playing first-person-shooters, I like using the controller in the left hand for movement (and anything else assignable to the several reachable buttons) and mouse in the right hand for aiming, weapon selection, and jumping.  

So, will a wireless XBoxOne pad work on PC, after installing their drivers? Or does it have to be wired?

stay silver

Absolutely, 100%, nothing wrong with a control preference. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron, and their opinion isn't worth anyone's time.

At any rate, connecting a wireless 360 controller is a no-brainer, really. I just recently purchased one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FAS1WDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you do go for an option like that, make sure it's an actual Microsoft product. You're going to be paying roughly 3x as much (generic pos versions are like 6 bucks), but the Microsoft versions are vastly superior. The price is well worth not having to replace them within 3 months, which is common with the generic ones.

I use my controller depending entirely on the game. Hotline Miami is something I just can't see myself playing with a M/K. Same for games like the Arkham series, Dark Souls... even Hitman. Also, most single player games that I've already played on consoles. So yes, that means that I play Skyrim, even with SkyUI, with a controller.

Feels good, man.

When playing first-person-shooters, I like using the controller in the left hand for movement (and anything else assignable to the several reachable buttons) and mouse in the right hand for aiming, weapon selection, and jumping.  

I've always wanted to try something like a Razer Orbweaver. Depending on how well their analog stick is implemented into games, it could be a dream come true for me. I don't care what anyone says... an analog stick is vastly superior to WASD for movement. A perfect combination of analog stick + mouse would be nice.

Unfortunately, Razer's keypads are expensive as hell.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."