CONFESSION: I Hate Gaming With Mouse/Keyboard

CDHoward

I just can't get used to it. And I simply don't like it.

The XBox pad just feels SO much better, faster, more comfortable and more accurate.

So, will a wireless XBoxOne pad work on PC, after installing their drivers? Or does it have to be wired?

Dont give up on it just yet bro, Trust me, once you get use to it, you will not want to go back to a game pad. You feel more immersed with a keyboard and mouse.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If you use the wireless adapter so it connects and have the drivers, then yes

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

if you have an windows 360 wireles receiver

yes it will, as long as you have an appropriate wireless connection on your pc. and id say controllers are nice for any game that doesnt require precision shooting eg an fps

I'd rather jump into a pile of thumbtacks than play FPS games with a controller, but for non fps games I often prefer controller. I have a wired xbox controller, works plug in play in most games. the wireless controller should work as well, just needs the adapter for pc.

Sure, I'll give it to you that an xbox controller may be more ergonomic, but there is no way that it is more accurate than mouse/keyboard.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

While I respect your personal opinion... Couldn't you just made this topic like "How to connect Xbox One controller to PC?". There was no need for the hate on keyboard/mouse. You're just asking an argument.

I'd rather jump into a pile of thumbtacks than play FPS games with a controller, but for non fps games I often prefer controller.

Feel the same way as you. For FPS, and (most) RPGs keyboard + mouse combo are lightyears ahead, but for third-person action games such as the Arkham series or Shadow of Mordor etc the gamepad feels much more natural. Because of this I've set up a Dualshock 4 for use on my PC, extremely easy. As is setting up the 360 controller.

Custom Watercooled Parvum Systems S2.0: Vulpes

Combining spare parts into something worthy: Frankenstein

BitFenix Phenom gaming powerhouse: Blood in the Snow

While I respect your personal opinion... Couldn't you just made this topic like "How to connect Xbox One controller to PC?". There was no need for the hate on keyboard/mouse. You're just asking an argument.

Don't get me wrong, bro. I love using keyboard and mouse for everything else I do.

Just not games ★

I've got an Xbox one pad, I use it for the odd game; Elite Dangerous, Dead Souls 2 and DMC are the 3 games I'm using it with ATM.

I try and use mouse and keyboard for as much as possible, obviously RTS, FPS and 4X are all M&K. Most RPGs too (except DS2, pad is way more accurate for that game) and all 3rd person games I've played except DMC.

M&K is superior for almost all games, there are a few exceptions, that's why it's preferable to have both options.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

Feel the same way as you. For FPS, and (most) RPGs keyboard + mouse combo are lightyears ahead, but for third-person action games such as the Arkham series or Shadow of Mordor etc the gamepad feels much more natural. Because of this I've set up a Dualshock 4 for use on my PC, extremely easy. As is setting up the 360 controller.

Mate: Could you list the steps, please?

And, if I want wireless, what exact product do I need to get? What kind of adapter?

PS, I know that with wired, you just use a long cable with a mini-USB on both ends to connect the pad (unless I'm mistaken).

I game on my PC with a controller as well. I use Mouse/Keyboard only for FPS games, and games that don't support 360 controllers. I agree, it feels more "right" to play with a game controller.

I game on my PC with a controller as well. I use Mouse/Keyboard only for FPS games, and games that don't support 360 controllers. I agree, it feels more "right" to play with a game controller.

Yeah. That's exactly what I mean, bro. It just feels more right. Maybe its because I'd always played games on XBox previously, from the XBox through to the XBox 360 (I always hated Playstation pads. And I never bought a Playstation, except the very first one).

But yeah.

Thats not a confession, thats a preference. Dont be ashamed of it :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I like it because you don't have to think about what key to press when you need to press it. It has vibration, and it has pressure sensitive analog sticks and toggles. All games support this, and make experience better while KB/Mouse don't. 

I always preferred PC over consoles. I actually bought and sold an Xbox 360 to buy a graphics card for my PC. I use the 360 controller on the PC now, and bought myself a second 360 and RGH'd it to emulate PS1 and SNES games, and play Forza and Halo :P

I like it because you don't have to think about what key to press when you need to press it. It has vibration, and it has pressure sensitive analog sticks and toggles. All games support this, and make experience better while KB/Mouse don't.

I always preferred PC over consoles. I actually bought and sold an Xbox 360 to buy a graphics card for my PC. I use the 360 controller on the PC now, and bought myself a second 360 and RGH'd it to emulate PS1 and SNES games, and play Forza and Halo :P

Exactly :)

By the way: Would you recommend using the 360 or XBoxOne Pad? Is their PC compatibility advantages with either one?

Exactly :)

By the way: Would you recommend using the 360 or XBoxOne Pad? Is their PC compatibility advantages with either one?

I don't own an Xbox One to try it. However I have tried my friends' consoles. It's basically the same controller, but the toggles have vibrations as well. Personally I liked the Xbox 360 better, because the vibration in the toggles made it harder to play racing games.

Dont give up on it just yet bro, Trust me, once you get use to it, you will not want to go back to a game pad. You feel more immersed with a keyboard and mouse.

Bro, I always have to look down to make sure I'm pressing the right key, tho 0_O

EDIT: Well, obviously not *always*. Just with keys other than the basic directional keys and stuff.

wtf bro

I am using an HP generic keyboard from a previous computer, tho. Sooo, I suppose that doesn't help.

(I can't afford a decent one yet).

Get a decent mouse and buy CS:GO. You'll get used to KB/M in no time

Me too, I prefer Trackpad+Keyboard

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15