What is the most underwhelming/unimpressive piece of tech you own?

I have a 1280x1024 monitor as my second display. Not that I really have the room for another widescreen monitor anyway.

I was stuck with a 1024*768 monitor by my 1360*768 monitor for while. The jump to 2 widescreens is great.

My WD Live HD

I should have bought a Roku

This thing randomly drops connection, wired or wireless. Not connection to storage, complete internet connection, making it basically a USB to HDMI port for my TV. Static IP's and firmware upgrades/downgrades don't fix it.

Thing is shit useless, nobody buy one.

I got sick of it and will probably jerryrig an XBMC PC out of some old legacy parts and a P4 chip.

I love my Roku, so worth the $70 I spent on it.

If anything, my cooler. It makes a whistling sound from the air flowing through it and doesn't cool the best ever.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The non tech-savvy person would still find my auxiliary 1600 x 1050 monitor impressive and "large" sitting next to my 24 inch monitor. 

I guess my mouse pad if you're the average person or my second monitor if you know enough about tech to realize that it's a shitty ass monitor.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Are you sure it was legit? I'm sure the people who tear apart computers and phones would have better quality assurance...

At the time I was almost certain that it was.

Sold by iFixit.com and fulfilled by Amazon.. even eligible for Prime.

But the moment I got it I knew something wasn't right though.. The sticker on the front was in a different place than on the Amazon pics, there was straight up no sticker on the back with a description of the bits, I broke a philips bit first time I used it, and the little torque thing didn't have a hole to go into (the screwdriver extension doubled as a thing that helped you take out tight screws.. you stuck it into a hole and it would give you more leverage.. didnt have the hole). 

So yeah, probably wasn't legit.. but I don't know why it wasnt.. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

i dont even have a gpu in my 100O dollur rig

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Definitely my 7870, I was very sad to sell it last week as it was my first GPU. Then card was awesome at 1080p and for the last year ive been using it at 1440p and it handled it so well. The only game it ever kind of let me down on was Titanfall. That card got me through about 5000 hours of Arma 2, Arma 3 and DayZ. It overclocked like a beast, ran cool and looked damn sexy

Edit: definitely misread the title as I only read it in the URL. Thought it was underwhelming tech that impressed you.

I was gonna say my 1050p monitor, but then I remembered that I have three of them.

A 2007 dell workstation with a gt 630 attached to it becuase i am broke.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

My piece of shit 1680x1050 LED syncmaster

my prehistoric Antec p182 case. jk, i love this case

Well i cant choose I have a Fujitsu laptop from 1997, Gateway laptop from 1999 , a desktop from 1993 with 400mb hdd , 3.5 and 5.5 floppy disk no startup button.Unfortunatelly neither the HDD works or the GPU and i cant fix it. I also have my tower that is from 1998 fujitsu siemens myrica along with my psu (which the company is unkown and puts cement in their psu) Hantol 800w  80 bronze +  and i think that is about it . If you want pics i can upload some pics if you want .

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Some shitty smart watch I got called the "U Watch". I'd be surprised if the res on this is any higher than 120x120. The touch screen is APPALLING. The viewing angles are unusable for anything unless you are looking perfectly straight and it has horrible glare. I don't even keep it connected to my phone as it makes a noise /or vibrates every 5 minutes letting me know that it's connected and this can't be disabled. The OS is also horribly clunky.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Our router, which isn't really mine, but it sucks. It can not go 2 hours without a 5 minute break, I'm always that guy that loses connection when I'm playing with friends.

Second is my Logitech G930, bought it refurbished, and I'm glad i didn't pay the full price for it. Stereo is just broken, and surround doesn't sound very impressive now that i tried a pair of DT990's. The mic is really good however, i still use it for Skype calls.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Definitely my 7870, I was very sad to sell it last week as it was my first GPU. Then card was awesome at 1080p and for the last year ive been using it at 1440p and it handled it so well. The only game it ever kind of let me down on was Titanfall. That card got me through about 5000 hours of Arma 2, Arma 3 and DayZ. It overclocked like a beast, ran cool and looked damn sexy

Edit: definitely misread the title as I only read it in the URL. Thought it was underwhelming tech that impressed you.

My 7850 is unimpressive. Can't even play bf4 high, sometimes not even medium

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I've a PlayStation Vita.

All the crappy wapanese games that are available only cater to the wapanese.

There's basically no games for it that I like.

But since my brother got a PS4 it's usefulness goes up due to remote play.

Might do a guide.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

My Sony Xperia T,; slow, no updates, rubbish skin, poor build quality, bad viewing angles - I could go on, and on.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

$1 mousepad and this 920p monitor thing

First-gen Asus transformer tablet (TF101) a few years back. Was kinda cool at first but after a short while I realized the hardware was a little weak and the Android OS wasn't very practical for what I needed it to do. Ended up selling it and buying an Acer C710 Chromebook, which ended up being FAR more useful (running Linux on it :D ).

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

My Nvidia GT 520.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sound proofing foam - didn't make the PC more silent, the fans ramped up because of the extra heat and now it's just as noisy but harder to acess components.

Sound card - cost £30, the first arrived broken, the replacement added background noise to my headphones, had driver problems in games, eventually I sorted all of that out but it's not really an upgrade, it just makes things a tad louder.

My motherboard with it's brown PCB

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

My router/modem from AT&T (another reason to hate them). It's wireless g, and it's one of those routers provided by the ISP. If one person is watching youtube the wifi is completely unusable for everyone else. Also, AT&T doesn't let you use third party routers/modems. Once I move out I'm boycotting AT&T. They are super horrible.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Kindle Fire tablet, not used it in over a year, App store is too small, Amazon skin nowhere near as good as stock android.

Playstation Vita..Bought on release. 

If I'm honest, the Shure SE215s weren't what I was expecting them to be :S The ear loops can be annoying, and sometimes even hurt my ears :/ They sound great though :)

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong though :/

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*