What is the most underwhelming/unimpressive piece of tech you own?

This may surprise many of you. My recently purchased 4690k. The stock base clock being so high means that to get any noticeable, real world performance improvement after overclocking it means that I need to hit 4.5ghz+ to get a roughly 20% improvement, not much of an overclocking headroom. The i5 750 that I had previously easily did 25%. Luckily, due to gift cards that I got for free, the upgrade didn't cost me much, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to upgrade to haswell/Devils canyon because if you intend to keep it for a couple generations/years, overclocking it won't be enough. I hope Intel massively lowers the base clock for next generation to the likes of penryn and lynnfield where a simple 1ghz increase that is easy to get yields a massive performance increase.

Zotac ID41, with intel atom d525, probably the worst cpu ever made in mankind history :mellow:

My i3 :(

PB248Q Asus monitor..... the blacks are gloving like hell or with ASCR you can not see a thing in dark and the browsers blinding brightness are terrible.....
A middle class ET5 Panasonic TV is waaaaay better to vatch a movie or to play games....
The only thing i like about the Asus is the portrait 1920x1200!

My philips hue lights are not worth it at all.

Yea, I think the concept is really awesome and hue is well done but man. They are freaking expensive

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

I have an AGP version of the HIS Radeon HD 3850 IceQ 3 Turbo, which is the best AGP video card in existence. But it doesn't work, computer will not POST when it is inserted lol

Sucks because unlike most video cards, these are getting more expensive on ebay the older they get.  

This may surprise many of you. My recently purchased 4690k. The stock base clock being so high means that to get any noticeable, real world performance improvement after overclocking it means that I need to hit 4.5ghz+ to get a roughly 20% improvement, not much of an overclocking headroom. The i5 750 that I had previously easily did 25%. Luckily, due to gift cards that I got for free, the upgrade didn't cost me much, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to upgrade to haswell/Devils canyon because if you intend to keep it for a couple generations/years, overclocking it won't be enough. I hope Intel massively lowers the base clock for next generation to the likes of penryn and lynnfield where a simple 1ghz increase that is easy to get yields a massive performance increase.

The logic........ Sooo flawed

If a cpu has a higher Base clock dosent mean it has a lower oc headroom?!

Intel is just making the job easier for overclockers as they know most ppl are going to oc over 4ghz+

I think you will be super futerproof with that cpu I mean just look at 2500k vs 4670k...Its sad

To the topic it has to be my xbox 360 Slim and any games I bought on it

The logic........ Sooo flawed

If a cpu has a higher Base clock dosent mean it has a lower oc headroom?!

Ok, what is the typical overclock for Haswells? Roughly around 4.2-4.5ghz on air cooling. 4.5ghz compared to the 3.7ghz 4 core turbo of the 4690k is 21.6% improvement. If I enable what most manufacturers are doing by boosting 4 core turbos to 39, that's a 15% improvement. The i5 750 on the other hand, most people had it overclocked between 3.6-4ghz, 3.6 being more common. I had it at 167xturbo, yielding 3.5ghz 4 cores, 4ghz 1 core- a 25% improvement in performance over stock turbo clocks. 

Intel is just making the job easier for overclockers as they know most ppl are going to oc over 4ghz+

Higher frequency is just a number, what's more important is the performance delta you'll be able to obtained from overclocking. 

Macbook air 11 inch

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse combo

range wasn't that good, lost connection sometimes, flimsy design

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I should say iPhone 6. It's the same phone as 5S except for little bit bigger, and in Canada I can't even use the damn Apple Pay so whats the point?

A gt 630 and a crt monitor and nokia 3310 (looks awesome tho.. except the gt 630)

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

I have a 1280x1024 monitor as my second display. Not that I really have the room for another widescreen monitor anyway.

I have three of those as externals.... 

As for my most underwhelming tech, i would say both of my graphics card. 

They artifact like a beotch, they don't scale well with xfire, microstutter, loud as balls. and sag like an old man because no backplate. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I have three of those as externals.... 

As for my most underwhelming tech, i would say both of my graphics card. 

They artifact like a beotch, they don't scale well with xfire, microstutter, loud as balls. and sag like an old man because no backplate. 

I feel ur pain (i nearly puked when i saw a 260X with ur i7) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I have a 1280x1024 monitor as my one and only PC display, and i dont have a mechanical keyboard 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

My AOC monitor, 20" 1080p LED. I got it as a birthday gift as I needed a new monitor and whilst not a bad monitor it's not that great plus it's not what i'd have picked myself but does the job for me till I can get around to replacing it

For a start it's VGA only which is a bummer and, whilst the screen  portion is very slim most of the circuity is on the base which is in turn non-removable and also needs folded up as the vesa mounts are on it. It has touch sensitive buttons that can sometimes required 3 or 4 presses top respond i.e the power button.

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

My MSI case. Oh god it has no airflow and has no room for cables.

I feel ur pain (i nearly puked when i saw a 260X with ur i7) 

Yeah. I'm saving for a 980. or two. 

I started out with a core two quad. Only then did the 260X make even a little bit of sense. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

My back-up graphics card - GT 210. It's shit, but enought o drive my two monitors in case my main card fails and I need to file an RMA.  :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Underwhelming? Any printer. And the oh-so-lauded camera on the HTC One M7.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

My H220 from swiftech, the pump died in a couple of weeks use.

It was going to cost me the same price i bought it at to replace it.

I cut out the radiator and am using it in my current rig... 

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors