Xbox One games on PC may be possible after discovery from leaked SDK

monopolyman

The Xbox One SDK has recently been leaked, allowing modders to look through the SDK and do some reverse engineering. Of course, I'm sure most of you couldn't care less about this. However, there is a recent discovery that may be of interest to PC Gamers.

It looks like running the Xbox OS on Windows is a possibility, and it's also likely moutning games will also be possible. Nothing is confirmed yet, but some highly regarded modders have made huge discoveries hinting towards the possibility of XBone games on Windows. Of course, there is probably much more to getting a game fully working, but this is definitely an interesting step.

Soure and more information: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/chr0m3-x-modz-on-the-xbox-one-sdk-leak.1269541/

Isn't there going to be some kind of xbox app on windows 10, what if Microsoft has planed to use it so we could play xbox on windows 10

Based on the leaked Windows 10 build (9091, 9901, 9991, something like that) the new app seems to just be a glorified smartglass app. There was nothing that hinted towards Xbox One games on PC, however anything is possible.

Didn't Microsoft already say the Xbox One run on Windows 8?

This would never happen, because then Microsoft's Xbox division would be diluted by PC gamers using their computers instead of paying $400 for an XBO.

Trust me, I would love this, but Xbox is too big of a division for Microsoft to basically 'give' one out to millions of PC gamers.

True, new consoles do have x86-based CPUs, but Windows couldn't just be put on a USB stick and installed on an Xbox like any old PC.

Isn't there going to be some kind of xbox app on windows 10, what if Microsoft has planed to use it so we could play xbox on windows 10

I thought it was more of a SmartGlass-type app. 

Maybe... Maybe the first ever Xbox emulator is coming? :3 I don't know much about SDKs and emulators but just something I thought of after hearing about the leak.

So you want to run games at low resolutions and 30 fps on your PC?

(still cool as hell)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Doubt it. Probably like Vista. They give us 1-2 games and act as if they are going to give us all the games, then stop giving us games once the Windows install base is there on 10. Bait and switch. We will prob get like MCC. That is, unless they go through with their sub plan on 10, and then they might have to throw in the older Forza (already been ported to DX 12 for a demo) and third party games which they don't even own and act as if they are doing us a favor, when they paid to keep the game off PC anyways, and it would come to PC regardless.

Sunset Overdrive would be an example of that.

In reality the only three games MS has to give us is Halo, which is now 343 and mediocre imo, and Forza (ok I would like this IF it ran at 60 FPS and had higher textures) and Killer Instinct (game sucks and MS did nothing with Rare worth a darn). Everything else is just money hat exclusives they don't even own the rights to PERMANENTLY. 

Now they are PUBLISHING Tomb Raider, which means it will prob be a DX 12, Windows 10 exclusive...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

they wont, they MUST keep their Exclusives on Xbox one

They have similarities in their system, but it is not pure windows 8. If it would be you would be able to do whatever you want with the console

I cannot wait what they will find with the reverse engineering!

I dont know about that but win10 is suppose to be coming to the xbox one this yr.

it is not!

That article is about the leakage of the SDK

This is about that the hackers may find ways by reverse engineering the SDK to create an emulator!

Both articles talk about the leak and the potential that it can bring to run unofficial software on the Xbox One and the use of emulating Xbox One software. Pretty please read the source. 

So again, this is a repost. 

COMIC SANS

Both articles talk about the leak and the potential that it can bring to run unofficial software on the Xbox One and the use of emulating Xbox One software. Pretty please read the source. 

So again, this is a repost. 

This thread is about a hacker in Se7ensins forum, Chr0m3 ( or some other haxor writing) stating that he found XVD file and how it can change the work towards an emulator.

So while both threads mention the SDK leagage, whereas the other thread states that it is leaked and might help at creating an emulator, this topic is all about the emulator in details

Interesting, very interesting. B)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It looks like running the Xbox OS on Windows is a possibility

Thats what Microshaft does at press shows, nice PCs under the table the Xbone is on top with cables just hanging through the cable hole and the PC is what comes up to the monitor.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Thats what Microshaft does at press shows, nice PCs under the table the Xbone is on top with cables just hanging through the cable hole and the PC it what comes up to the monitor.

Lol, how else you do suppose its done? OFC they use a PC to write the code, doing that on an Xbox is impossible. The dev kit works by the PC sending the code to the console for processing, the console processing it and outputting it as normal. Hate to break it to you but that's how all console development is done.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

hey guys, does this mean possible Halo local co-op runs with my friends on my PC?

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I just don't get why Microsoft doesn't just officially release Xbox One (or even 360 for that matter) games for PC. I mean Windows is a MICROSOFT platform. If there are reasons for people to buy Windows to enjoy great games such as halo, then they are winning not losing. It also means more competition for the PS4, which MS could really use.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Lol, how else you do suppose its done? OFC they use a PC to write the code, doing that on an Xbox is impossible. The dev kit works by the PC sending the code to the console for processing, the console processing it and outputting it as normal. Hate to break it to you but that's how all console development is done.

I wasn't talking development, I was talking product shows like CES or E3. They have high end PCs hidden in cabinets running xbox software while the xbox sits on top of the cabinet doing nothing.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Fuck the system if we are getting an Xbone emulator before an Xbox 360 one.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I wasn't talking development, I was talking product shows like CES or E3. They have high end PCs hidden in cabinets running xbox software while the xbox sits on top of the cabinet doing nothing.

Nope, they have PCs linked up to dev kits which are sending the dev code to the console for processing, the Xbox is running the code and outputting the image.

Its done that way because a genuine Xbox cannot run unsigned code and MS don't want to have to be constantly signing XBE files every time a dev wants to do a tech demo. I don't think MS will even consider signing an XBE until its final code.

Its not possible for a PC to directly run an Xbox game, Xbox uses a modified low level version of DirectX which uses calls and libraries which don't exist on the PC version.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)