Zalman unsheaths the R1 white: The best case you have never heard of

brownninja97

That's actually super nice. I would pay more for a higher end version with rubber grommets and a slightly bigger size for 140mm fans.

For once im complaining that this is too cheap, they have done well with the design but its bottlenecked by its own price.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

For once im complaining that this is too cheap, they have done well with the design but its bottlenecked by its own price.

Yeah but i suppose it's the market Zalman has always been in. Shame really.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

At first I was thinking it was pretty meh, then I saw that price tag.

That's not necessarily a bad thing for the consumer, it's just kinda makes it seem like Zalman are running out of ideas. 

Well my guess is that they realized there are no R4 clones in the cheap tier of cases, most cases that sell well get clones, another exmaple is the H2 or the H230 or thermaltakes urban series of cases. None of those cases are in the £30 tier, zalman thought its worth a shot, there is less design time with saves money/ Honestly i dont mind, people should be aware that the quality of  this case will not come close to that of a fractal case due to the price and nature of Zalman 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

At first I was thinking it was pretty meh, then I saw that price tag.

One would think that looking at the features they would price it stupidly and put it up for something like £50-60 which would of made this a pathetic case tbh. I wonder how much profit they would get from something like this. 

Listen if you care.

Im not sure if you guys are happy or sad about that, its half the price albeit with less features but bang for buck is pretty impressive

Oh don't get me wrong, it's in no way bad. The case looks beautiful and as you said, the price is very tempting.

It's the build quality that has me a little concerned because of that fantastic price. We'll see when the reviews start rolling in.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I wonder if Zalman will ever return to making something like this again instead of plastic laden budget.

gt1000.jpg

If it doesn't have a 140mm back fan then it's not a case I will ever want.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Oh don't get me wrong, it's in no way bad. The case looks beautiful and as you said, the price is very tempting.

It's the build quality that has me a little concerned because of that fantastic price. We'll see when the reviews start rolling in.

ive done a review for the black version well in fact im sadly the only person who has done a review http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210817-zalman-r1-the-review-its-a-straight-1010/

The black and white versions are the same just colour differences.

Listen if you care.

I wonder if Zalman will ever return to making something like this again instead of plastic laden budget.

Likely never, they make so much more money in the budget sector, they sell a lot of z11 and z9 cases. they attempted to try and go back with H1 but the sales for that case were not very good so I think they will stick with the low end stuff.

Listen if you care.

Likely never, they make so much more money in the budget sector, they sell a lot of z11 and z9 cases. they attempted to try and go back with H1 but the sales for that case were not very good so I think they will stick with the low end stuff.

For the price, this is a nice looking case. I kind of would like another niche case with thick alu panels just for the sake of it.

That's a steal. Hopefully the case dominates the competition so other companies will start to make cases like this.

If it doesn't have a 140mm back fan then it's not a case I will ever want.

It looks like it only has a 120mm fan size available for the rear. the case also looks too narrow for a 140mm in the rear so it would be difficult to mod one in. It possible maybe be able to have a 140 at the top, but in my opinion it looks to narrow.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

This reminds me more of the Define r3 than it does the Define r4.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

impressive, but looks very cramped inside

modular cabling recommended?

if I were going for this case, I'd even go for PCIe SSD's and absolutely no SATA devices

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

It looks like it only has a 120mm fan size available for the rear. the case also looks too narrow for a 140mm in the rear so it would be difficult to mod one in. It possible maybe be able to have a 140 at the top, but in my opinion it looks to narrow.

I'm still from the old school which hangs radiators off the back to remove as much heat as possible instead of front or top mounting, but that's also because my family still builds in old Lian LI cases we recycle every build.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

impressive, but looks very cramped inside

modular cabling recommended?

if I were going for this case, I'd even go for PCIe SSD's and absolutely no SATA devices

You could go non-modular and pick up a piece of aluminum and a can of spray paint at home depot for like $25. The piece of aluminum could be bent to cover the power supply area. <- thats what I did with my rosewill Challenger.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

R1-White_ENG01.jpg

Cooling:

5 fan positions (3 included).

-2 front 120mm fan mounts (1 included).

-2 top 120mm fan mounts (1 included).

-1 rear 120mm fan mount  (1 included).

Exterior Design and Function:

Has an acrylic window.

And dust filters.

Internal Structure:

Noise dampening material preapplied to front panel.

Removable top fan cover.

Graphics card not included.

Tool-less 3.5" caddies and 5.25" bays.

FTFY Zalman.

120mm fan mounts means poor CPU air cooler compatibility. Restrictive front airflow. Front panel noise dampening foam won't mean shit when the top fan cover is removed to install a radiator. LED front fan. Rivets rather than screws. Non-removable bottom 3.5" cage. Crappy PSU dust filter.

GPU clearance should be adequate. No side panel fan mounts. Removable top fan cover is a good idea, at least in theory if not in practise. And of course it's exceptionally cheap, which allows us to forgive Zalman for many of the issues with the case. Good very low budget option. Could be much worse. It's a $35 case with dust filters and some noise dampening foam ffs. Also, DeepCool, take a lesson from Zalman. This is how you give consumers the option to install several ODDs as well as 2 front fans.

All of that case for only 30 euros, DAMN! If this thing is at least remotely nicely made it will be a big competition to the other leading manufacturers and will possibly drive the prices of a lot of cases down significantly.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

first i thought it was nothing special, until I saw that price tag and it suddenly became awesome!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I'm not digging it having more exhausts than intakes.

You could go non-modular and pick up a piece of aluminum and a can of spray paint at home depot for like $25. The piece of aluminum could be bent to cover the power supply area. <- thats what I did with my rosewill Challenger.

got a pic of it?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

got a pic of it?

I don't. I can't right now either. The fan on my graphics card died, I had to remove the "shelf" inorder to fit a plastic cup inside the case that holds up a 140 mm fan to the heatsink of the gpu. The "shelf" would have lifted the cup and fan up just enough so that the side panel wouldn't close. The edge of the fan was touching a pci slot. I ended up loosely wedging the fan and cup under a pci slot, then controlling the fan with a fan controller.

Heres my build, I actually should update it with more pictures because these pictures where created very early, its got and lost a few parts. 

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

That case looks almost sterile. I wonder what science lab they pulled it from.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL