Zalman unsheaths the R1 white: The best case you have never heard of

brownninja97

R1-White_ENG01.jpg

A new year a new case, zalman sold a lot and i mean A LOT of R1 cases mainly because for its price it couldnt be beaten, dont argue, its a fact. The problem was that there was the issue with Zalman and their parent company so supplies were going crazy and the employees pretty much stopped working because there was a real chance that they would die, they didnt, they are stronger then ever and its the new years so they are turning over a new leaf. 

This is the R1 white which I was told about on the 24th if i remember correctly, im unsure about that campaign finish on the front, now my father is at the moment using the grey/black variant of this and the finish it pretty good and doesnt scratch unless you are trying to attack it or have a cat in your cat(my neighbors cat doesnt like my Z9, results may vary). Well then moving aside the backstory I think we should dig into the details once again. 

R1-White_03.jpg

In case you didnt know here is how the heat is taking in and exhausted out. Note the minor fault that the door in fact doesnt allow air to go through it as amazing at that would be its not true, it gets intake from the side grills on both sides, not amazing but better then nothing. 

R1-White_05.jpg

Now there it shows were you can install the fans, it get three fans preinstalled in the case by standard, also i want to note that some people say that you cant mount two intakes in the front and have the fan filter, absolute horse radish that is, ive tried multiple fans and there fit with the fan filter. 

R1-White_07.jpg

There is a fan controller on this case as well which can control up to two fans, as for the setting, high, low and stop meaning fans turn off, i like that setting at night because silence is bliss, then there is my z9 with like 10 fans all at 2k rpm gg. 

Also note that foam, in the black version it was around 4mm so it should be around that in this white version as well, the door is magnetic btw which is nice. 

R1-White_11.jpg

Another shot showing you how a door works, on the left the door is closed, on the right the door is open. Impressive stuff. Door opens one way. Ive tried

R1-White_15.jpg

Here is the inside of the case, if you dont like the support bracket which is to stop or reduce gpu sagging or an extra fan then you can take it off, it used philips head screws. 

R1-White_17.jpg

You can see the IO here, im not explaining, the usb 3.0 uses a 19 pin thank the lord. 

R1-White_19.jpg

Here is the location of the dust filters, remember to clean them periodically or your system will die and you will have that molten silicone on your hands you dont want that, to wake up in the morning, your dead pc staring at you with its lifeless fans. 

R1-White_23.jpg

Test your strength, the top panel is connected via rubber on rubber, bad move it tugs like a mule. Blood will be shed, pci brackets will die. 

R1-White_25.jpg

Your psu can be longer that 200mm but it will then block a part of the cable routing area which can be a problem. 

R1-White_31.jpg

Tooless mounting system, put screws in anyways, i dont trust any mounting system. 

R1-White_32.jpg

Here is all the crap that you get with the case, be happy or sad. 

Price:

UK: £27.99

Euro: €30

US: $35

http://zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=940

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Looks very very good.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Reminds me a lot of the Define R4 with out the noise dampening foam

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

why is it yellow..? it's nice tho, like the dust filter.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It looks exactly like the r4/r5...... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Unlike other Zalman cases this actually does look good, actually pretty damn good. With a good price and good internals it can easily run vs the S340

There are a lot of great Zalman cases like the Z3.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Looks like a wanna be R4 kinda thing.

wat

wat

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I like my Z9U3 more. I don't like cases with the inputs on top and with those weird doors, I like having an always accessible card reader in my front bay

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It looks familiar, but i can't put my finger on it... O.o

Here you go

Assface.jpg 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Where did you find the UK pricing?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Take a bit of my money. I am going to buy 2. Like srsly that is smexy. I am probably getting one in black and one in white. Black for my SC/simulator rig and the white for media pc.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Hardware Canucks, GET ON THIS!

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

wow, i am amazed, a cheap zalman case wich doesnt look ehmm, "special"(tchoo tchoo)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I like it tbh. Reminds me of the R4 though.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I like the wood grain on the front panel. I would like to buy it and replace my DIY pos Rosewill challenger. The fan guide would be useful because my video card's fan refused to spin a while ago, with my current case, a plastic cup holds a fan on my gpu's heatsink.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Where did you find the UK pricing?

I have contacts at Ariapc, ocuk, scan and ebuyer. Also zalman of course.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It looks exactly like the r4/r5...... 

I like it tbh. Reminds me of the R4 though.

Im not sure if you guys are happy or sad about that, its half the price albeit with less features but bang for buck is pretty impressive

Listen if you care.

Im not sure if you guys are happy or sad about that, its half the price albeit with less features but bang for buck is pretty impressive

That's not necessarily a bad thing for the consumer, it's just kinda makes it seem like Zalman are running out of ideas. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder