I'm stuck in the "old" days. Anyone else?

Gala

My gaming PC still runs a core 2 duo, though not for much longer. It is on win 7 at least.

I refuse to use facebook, buy all my music on CD, play old games, I even dig the NES out on occasion. And my car is 21 years old, with no central locking, airbags, ABS, or heated mirrors. I do listen to music in it off a usb stick though, but most importantly it has pop up lights :D

I couldn't go back to a dumb phone though, being able to check just about anything when I'm out and about is too useful. Having the ability to find out exactly where I am and browse around a map when I in a new place is pretty good too.

Who needs MP3's? Go listen to music the correct way, with vinyl's and tapes. ;)

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Gosh, today i got my first smartphone. Guess im switching...

And XP stays until it deteriates itself :D

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

@Monkey Dust ... hmm, 21 year old, no ABS, pop up headlights....something Japanesee?? *gasp* *jdmfanboysqueek*

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Hell no. I love innovation.

Interested in Business and Technology

SNIP

No I hate old stuff >< try and keep it as modern as possible

Though I do some retro gaming :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

-Hate smart phones and "smart" devices

-Play 10yo games(not really odd imo)

-Don't use Facebook/twitter or any other social media

My PC is modern though and I've stopped using anything older than 7 on my own systems(I'll use older if the hardware can't handle it). I don't use audio CD's or DVD's unless it's necessary because USB is just too dammed convenient. 

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm mixed in my old vs new tech. My PC is usually up to date or at the most a year behind the curve but my phone is an old filp phone that has no camera or GPS or anything other than the telephone. I don't have a tablet but I do use an Ipod. Maybe it's just that I like single function devices. My printer has no scanner, but I do have a stand alone flatbed scanner.

I just finished working on an old windows XP for a friend. His power supply blew and finding a suitable was difficult. 

I convinced him to upgrade to a new laptop with Windows 7 and he thinks he will soon upgrade to a new desktop soon as well.

Halfbreed

I do not use a smartphone.  I just cannot accept several hundred for a phone with a crappy contract for horrible data plans.  I will not have one until its 40ish a month for unlimited broadband (true unlimited,  no throttling down, no caps) AND you can tether the device.  IF I cant have that its really useless to me.  I refuse to play the "is there wifi here" game in order to use the damn phone.  

Still play some old games nothing wrong with that.  4d boxing is still the best boxing game ever made.  Still have it and still play it on occasion.  

You should really get spotify though.  

How old are you?

I still prefer USB flash drives over cloud storage. And I don't have an SSD...

How old are you?

I still prefer USB flash drives over cloud storage. And I don't have an SSD...

local storage is so much better in my opinion. I own my shit and I know where it is. It won't get leaked and don't have to upload tons of data to backup.

local storage is so much better in my opinion. I own my shit and I know where it is. It won't get leaked and don't have to upload tons of data to backup.

Cloud storage is definitely not an option for me. Today's internet speeds are too slow for good cloud storage. I have a file server. I guess you could call that "The Cloud"

If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

@Monkey Dust ... hmm, 21 year old, no ABS, pop up headlights....something Japanesee?? *gasp* *jdmfanboysqueek*

Yep, a Eunos Roadster, also know as the Mazda MX5/Miata, in Laguna blue.

Yep, a Eunos Roadster, also know as the Mazda MX5/Miata, in Laguna blue.

Which generation?? I like the Mk1's the most.

You my man win! <3

I have a huge ass hard drive full of mp3s and movies. I burn CD's for my car, simply because it has no 3.5mm jack.  I still use SMS.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Which generation?? I like the Mk1's the most.

You my man win! <3

Yep, a mk1. It needs some restoration work, but I'm slowly getting on top of it.