I'm stuck in the "old" days. Anyone else?

Gala

Yea I still download mp3's and I actually prefer to buy cd's still. I put em on my phone to listen to in the car or at work when I don't feel like listening to some Internet radio streams. And I can't continually use my data connection on the go.

I'm also a DJ and I need my music on my HDD ready to go.

Yeah thats fine. If you don't need anything newer/better why get it. 

On the other hand I saw this video on youtube where this guy gets a new i5 with a windows 7 or windows embeded version based off of windows 7 and sticks xp on the fucker. what a waste. Had 8gb ram and he put 32bit on it. 

It is good to be in any thing whether it is old or modern.

It's whether you are happy or not with it, That's the matter!  :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yeah thats fine. If you don't need anything newer/better why get it. 

On the other hand I saw this video on youtube where this guy gets a new i5 with a windows 7 or windows embeded version based off of windows 7 and sticks xp on the fucker. what a waste. Had 8gb ram and he put 32bit on it. 

There's 64 bit Windows XP.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

There's 64 bit Windows XP.

I am aware of that. Also it was running pos ready 2009, not xp. This is basically an edition of xp made for Point of sale applications.

Also i loooked and it has 4gb of ram.

You take me back to when I was in high school. 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

WinAMP... It really kicks the Llama's ass! 

Good times :) 

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

I don't know why anyone would want to just listen to music on Youtube instead of having a proper library on Foobar/Winamp/Itunes or using a service like Spotify, Google Play, Pandora.  I actually stopped using FB message so much in protest of Messenger funnily enough. 

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Nope, I almost only consume content that's from the 2000's and up. I don't like old stuff.

yep.

pretty much the same here.

xp on the laptop (use windows 7 on my main though)

winamp w/ classic skin (best media player hands down!)

download music to my hdd (its a pain to keep searching for songs on yt and not all of it is up there)

razr v3 (hardly use it though)

old ass games collection (all pirated and hardly play it though ;) )

only difference is

i dont burn cd's for the car...i just turn on the radio!

and i have a new-ish

I love winXP, but I love my 64-bit ness and 8GB of RAM <3

I will, however, find a use for my WinXP MCE copy. I love XP Media Center Edition so much it's bordering fetish territory.

xp does have a 64-bit version...not many people know :)

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

yep.

download music to my hdd (its a pain to keep searching for songs on yt and not all of it is up there)

only difference is

and i have a new-ish

computer

There is XP 64-bit edition, but there are many driver stability issues based on what I've heard. Plus, I am used to Win8 now.

Oh and WinXP gets viruses like mad now.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

@Gala Please, for the love of God, dump XP (unless your PC is really too slow for modern OS's-and even then, some Linux distributions would be just fine too). I can sort of agree on old Nokias, though. Winamp is kind of lame, though. But not as lame as foobar2000, IMO.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

There is XP 64-bit edition, but there are many driver stability issues based on what I've heard. Plus, I am used to Win8 now.

Oh and WinXP gets viruses like mad now.

mk...i use xp64 on my laptop and it seems fine, but i guess other peoples hardware don't run so good on it

and i wouldn't doubt xp getting a shitload of viruses since it lost support, good i haven't got any yet...even if i do... just reinstall. ;)

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

No, I agree on downloading MP3 instead of using YouTube though, the quality of audio from YouTube is highly compressed and low quality, MP3 320kb and FLAC for the win!

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

yep.

only difference is

and i have a new-ish

Try Foobar2000 (Music Player) IMO best Music Player

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

One of my main gaming pcs has the following specs:

486 dx4/100

16mb ram

1.2gb hard drive

2mb s3 virge

Dos 6.22 and Windows 3.11

You are not living in the past compared to me

I hate smartphones, and got a windows 8 phone as a result (about as close to a dumb smart phone as you can get).

I think 99% of music made after the year 2000 is absolute shit.

I still mainly use either CD's or mp3's on my phone.

I really am not looking forward to the day when I have to move on from windows 7. (even though I like my windows 8 phone, I dislike the metro interface)

I refuse to acknowledge rap, RnB, and or hip hop as music.

I use facebook, and hate myself for it. I hate seeing all the happy couples on it, and happy people in general.

Now I shall return to my cave, and stare into the abyss and slip slowly into madness.

I need a smartphone for work so I use one of those. 

I agree with facebook part. I hate seeing how happy everyone is and shit, half of it is fake anyways. ughhh facebook is depressing.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I need a smartphone for work so I use one of those. 

I agree with facebook part. I hate seeing how happy everyone is and shit, half of it is fake anyways. ughhh facebook is depressing.

I know that feels bro. All I see is happy couples and all I can think is:

post-78731-0-36714200-1420567248.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Dude are a soldier man. You don't use a smartphone? No instagram, twitter whastapp messaging????

Honestly I would rather die. Literally die. I don't even want to live without cloud technology. Having to carry physical media? Fuck that. I go to school with a wallet in my pocket and phone in the other. Soon in the future I probably won't even need my wallet.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I still use Windows XP. I still use "Winamp" with the classic skin. I still download MP3's to my PC instad of going to YouTube. I still use SMS instad of Facebook messaging. I still play 10+ year old games. I still feel the need to use a "dumb" phone, i hate smartphones. I still use a 7+ year old Pentium 4, the white ZIF socket. I still use SDR RAM. I still burn Audi CD's to use in my car.

I just cant change. Mates look at me like im retared.

Anyone else having these "problems"? :D

I actually try to stay up to date. One of my fear is to not be able to interact with the futur technologie. My dad can not even turn a computer on.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

win xp was the most stable windows ever. I love that platform.

The old days were the good days... I wish we could have all these tech advances without the retarded selfie generation spawning from the depths of cesspools around the globe.

I hate facebook. I never post anything, I literally have 0 posts. I'm only on for communications, chat, and event planning