iMac 27" 5K Hardware Upgrade - iSwitched Part 2

It's up :D

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

This would be super good news for @EpicGeekonFire. He's an avid Windows hater and OSX lover.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Thanks nick! :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I upgraded my 2008 iMac; I know what you mean when you say its a pain in the ass.  Hard drive wasn't too hard to upgrade though.

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

These parts are always so far apart from each other... kinda ruins the feel of continuation.. Same with the room cooling and eyefinity, etc. I feel like it would be better if we had a bit of a longer wait, but having all the parts together. 

That's just my two copper Abraham Lincoln's

2cents.gif

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Will there be a part 3? Or is this it?

There will be at least one more part.

wait wait WAIT! it can kill you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Why do most mac parts look good on the inside too?

I hope we're not paying extras for a clean inside.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Nice video Linus...am I the only one that noticed him turning into a spitting shotgun at 6:58 - 7:01?

"A very inspirational quote"

Don't get so full of yourself, but it's really nice.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Ahhhh.. I haz SSD Linus haz no SSD.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Linus why you switch to mac :( I still love you!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Nice video as usual but I think the premise is not correct: you can't compare the upgradability of an all-in-one pc with classic desktop pc, they're different beasts. The proper and obvious comparison would be with an all-in-one from asus, hp or some other brands, I don't know who makes these kind of pc.

I hope we're not paying extras for a clean inside.

You do, there's a lot of engineering and R&D that goes into many custom parts, and layouts to fit it all in there, while maintaining thermal limits.

There's very few if any off the counter, or OEM parts that'll fit like that, the new Mac Pro is a prime example.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

No upgradeability looks good to you?

Apple actually kind of has a history of doing this. If you look at some of the older Macs like the Apple Macintosh SE they were really unfriendly if you tried to open them. Some of them on the other hand (I think the Apple II was tinker-friendly, as was the Lisa to some extent) were a bit nicer.
As for modern macs: I have a MacBookPro 15" 8,2 which for a laptop is reasonably well upgradable. I have to take out 10 regular screws at the bottom, then have access to the memory, and HDD (I can't remember if I needed a torx for this, but I think I don't). If I have one of those silly tri-wing screwdrivers I can take out the battery too.
If I wanted, I could remove the ODD and replace it with an additional drive. In fact, I have a friend who did that.
I find it sad that apple and other companies who make laptops are moving more to soldered on RAM and SSDs.

No upgradeability looks good to you?

Obviously he is talking about the clean looks with the completely black PCBs and such.

Nice video as usual but I think the premise is not correct: you can't compare the upgradability of an all-in-one pc with classic desktop pc, they're different beasts. The proper and obvious comparison would be with an all-in-one from asus, hp or some other brands, I don't know who makes these kind of pc.

I think the point was more of an "apples to pcs comparison". As apple does not really make an awful lot of easily upgradable computers nowadays (they used to have the old Mac Pro which was decent in this, as well as some of the laptops used to be somewhat easy to upgrade) this is one of the only desktops you can (along with the new pro) throw into a comparison like this. Yes it is an all-in-one, but apple has ceased making regular desktop computers which could be fairly compared.

I think the point was more of an "apples to pcs comparison". As apple does not really make an awful lot of easily upgradable computers nowadays (they used to have the old Mac Pro which was decent in this, as well as some of the laptops used to be somewhat easy to upgrade) this is one of the only desktops you can (along with the new pro) throw into a comparison like this. Yes it is an all-in-one, but apple has ceased making regular desktop computers which could be fairly compared.

I get the reason of the comparison, but it doesn't make senso to me to say that the iMac is very hard to upgrade and a classic desktop pc is very easy. It's like saying I can fit a refrigerator in a van but I can't in a Mustang, see if it can fit in a Camaro.

For the same reason i wouldn't compare the retina MacbookPro to an ultrabook, because it's not an ultrabook since it has a 28w CPU.

Surely one should compare an AOI to other AOI's for upgradability, not custom computers; as both are very different markets and form factors.

Considering the size ( thinness ), I'm surprised they didn't solder the CPU either.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The recent support Kingston are providing y'all has me considering getting them. I mean, I was going to purchase a Samsung SSD 840 EVO without a second thought. But now, because of how much they are supporting y'all, I have myself thinking twice about my assumptions about cost vs performance on SSDs, especially since prices have tanked so much in the last two years.

I find it sad that apple and other companies who make laptops are moving more to soldered on RAM and SSDs.

Blame the people who buy those machines.