Need to convince my friend a K70 is better than Razer Chroma

Tim Drake

I hope it is not just me that believes the chroma is a waste of extra money compared to the K70.

Anyway, make valid points about why the K70 is better :P

I'll start:

• Better Finish

K70

Cherry MX

Metal build

Crazy customization software.

Chroma

Looks nicer

Brighter

Arguable (Razer)

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

For Corsair, the software has more options, the brushed aluminum somehow fingerprints less easily than Razer's matte plastic, it comes with a wrist rest and dedicated media keys, the LEDs are theoretically less prone to failure due to ESD, and some people like the idea of having their switches made in Germany over China.

Conversely, the Razer Chroma seems to be in stock more regularly and goes on sale for cheaper (so far), the software is more user-friendly, it comes with macro keys while the K70 does not, and the LEDs are brighter.

It's important to mention that some points in favor of each of these keyboards are based on anecdotal evidence and prejudice: one company has better quality over the other, etc.

K70 has:

cherry mx switches (FAR BETTER than razer switches which feel CRAP, SH*T, CRAP...to elaborate; they feel very mushy and have varying actuation heights and are cheaply made).

uh...better construction

Those are major factors when choosing a keyboard for me.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Cherry MX key switches are better than Razer's!

Build quality is good in Corsair.

For the Brand! :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I really doubt the K70 is intrinsically better than the razer products. Subjectively sure, but the 5 dollar keyboard does the same job as my ducky. You are trying to convince him of the wrong thing.  

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

K70 has:

Cherry MX switches

Metal Build

More durable lighting

Media Keys

Good customization software IMO

Razer has:

Crap "mechanical" switches

Bad customization software that lags computer (I have used Synapse 2.0; I know)

Plastic build

Lower-durability LED lightning

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

The K70 has real switches. Better made. Looks nice.

The Razer Synapse software, however, is much better. It just is. It's way easier to use, just as customize-able and you don't have to learn anything. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The K70 has a nice logo.

- Said no one ever.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Going against you by saying

Cons: Never in stock

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Just show him some vids on YouTube of what the K70 is capable of thru its software. All of the awesome lighting profiles and whatnot. The software is leagues ahead of synapse. I like Razer and currently use a Deathadder Chroma, but there's just no denying that the K70 is the superior keyboard of the two and the most advanced currently available.

I think it's better than the old one.

Please don't hurt me

*hurts*

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

TBH i just got my K70 brown today and the J key feels considerably different than the rest (sounds different too) and the backspace is more mushy than my old membrane keyboard when pressed on the left side of the key

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I love matching my peripherals.. I have an m65 so I got the K70. Love the solid feeling of the keyboard. I some what dislike the software, not very friendly. BUT, there are profiles on the corsair forum that you could just download and use it as your profile :)

Seriously, I would buy neither. The K70 is overpriced as shit for lights you will most likely have on single colour or off. Of the two I would get the Razer though, if I had to choose. I HATE Corsair keyboards!

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Show him Razer headphones. He'll get so disgusted with razer products in general he'll regret even considering it

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Seriously, I would buy neither. The K70 is overpriced as shit for lights you will most likely have on single colour or off. Of the two I would get the Razer though, if I had to choose. I HATE Corsair keyboards!

Any valid reason or just a fanboy? Not looking for fanboys.

Show him Razer headphones. He'll get so disgusted with razer products in general he'll regret even considering it

He has a Razer Deathadder and loves it. He was also contemplating Razer Headphones.

Any valid reason or just a fanboy? Not looking for fanboys.

The Razer is cheaper and if the switches come broken, you can RMA the thing. I would personally get something from Cooler Master or QPAD for good value for the money.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Just show him some vids on YouTube of what the K70 is capable of thru its software. All of the awesome lighting profiles and whatnot. The software is leagues ahead of synapse. I like Razer and currently use a Deathadder Chroma, but there's just no denying that the K70 is the superior keyboard of the two and the most advanced currently available.

Somebody hasn't tried to use the RGB software from Corsair...

Seriously synapse does it much simpler and there's virtually no learning curve. Corsair requires that you download a separate profile and/or learn the thing which takes forever. What Razer does is say "Here, you have a bunch of keys on your keyboard. Choose how the lights move. Yep, like that? Alright, you want the pulsing effect? Good. Which keys do you want to have pulse and what color? Cool, done. Have a good time and your keyboard is made of cheap plastic xD"

Corsair's software is basically "Welcome to Corsair's software. Move that bar there and that bar there - NO not there, change that spectru- no, not that that makes the keyboard flash in yellow, click that there - ugh, ya know what, forget it. Download another profile."

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||