GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ARC Mini R2, custom paint, hardline watercooling)

ciobanulx

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys. I've been getting quite a few things done to the case in the past few days.

Firstly here's the case with the top and front panels finished. Pretty happy with the way they turned out.

V5xXokM.jpg

HhpqV1U.jpg

w9kMIYM.jpg

LxJgwFa.jpg

OLHPwC7.jpg

4tnyEcq.jpg

PxgW2qy.jpg

kxQMwbV.jpg

cJJkWlM.jpg

rbb4K8D.jpg

gUeIFgD.jpg

utPiD3n.jpg

u7Cq09v.jpg

TgZTlqH.jpg

loNF5xb.jpg

9VBgdb1.jpg

ygMQJRt.jpg

I ended up fully stripping both side panels, including the windowed one as I was not happy with the finish. I will be painting them in the next couple of days :)

PiUbbCy.jpg

I also did some work on the acrylic panels that will be covering up the inside of the case in some places. It is a nice glossy white acrylic so hopefully it will show some cool reflections once the build is complete.

Here's the front bit

VzLZ0Nr.jpg

bVAjJwM.jpg

This will be the shroud for the bottom of the case. Hiding the PSU and also I will mount the Aquaero to the inside of it.

PkbOHcf.jpg

Cut and ready for bending, though it was getting quite late that night so I haven't bent it yet. Finger crossed it will turn out good. It will be the first time I'm bending an acrylic panel.

d8zoSoA.jpg

This is the panel for the back

EXclGkX.jpg

Here it is cut and in place inside the case. The top right corner bit will be covered by the radiator and fans.

Eg6rz5G.jpg

I decided to make two small windows to show off the SSDs on the back of the motherboard tray.

BHu1idK.jpg

Haven't filled the cuts as again, it was getting quite late that night

xC5uTdj.jpg

Here it is on the case though

Y6w3fIN.jpg

That's all for now guys.

Stay tuned for the next update.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Once again a great update, love it! Have you made any renders or a 3D-model? Or are you coming up with all these ideas while building? The quality is just outstanding!

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Nice work. Can't say the colour scheme grabs me yet, but, I emphasise yet.

Looking forward to progress. Like the idea of cover panels, I always do that. Makes dusting the rig so much easier as it eliminates the nooks and crannies.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss, yes yes awesome!

Thanks mate :D

Once again a great update, love it! Have you made any renders or a 3D-model? Or are you coming up with all these ideas while building? The quality is just outstanding!

Thanks a lot mate :D. Unfortunately 3D rendering is one thing I am yet to learn :). So yea I just get into it and sorta develop new ideas as I go. I usually sit on a design before I start but then end up changing things and coming up with new ideas too. If you look in the latest update at the first few photos with the case you'll see that I attached the front panel connectors and zip tied the cables down nicely and only after that I thought I should make an acrylic panel to cover the front as well so I had to take everything apart again and cut all the zip ties :P

Nice work. Can't say the colour scheme grabs me yet, but, I emphasise yet.

Looking forward to progress. Like the idea of cover panels, I always do that. Makes dusting the rig so much easier as it eliminates the nooks and crannies.

Thanks mate :D. As I did with Vault Boy, I wanted to have a unique colour scheme. Hopefully it will all blend in and look nice in the end as the green on the outside of the case will be different than the UV green fluid and fan blades. I think that will be the only green on the inside of the case, with everything else being white, except for the MB which will be black but mostly covered with waterblocks :D and other small things will be black as well. I might end up changing things once I see it tho so I'll see :). Thanks for checking it out mate :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys! Here's a small update on the build.

I bent the acrylic piece for the shroud. I think it came out pretty good for my first acrylic panel bend.

Firstly here's a look at the painted rads. You'll notice on the 240 Monsta I stuck some molecule vinyl shapes and painted over to have an even look. Didn't come out as I expected thought I still like the look of it.

OAP8Z5g.jpg

5w8jj2S.jpg

KO20O8Y.jpg

yARNMLo.jpg

Here is how I paint the rads. Cover up all the fins with some painters tape and use some long screws to give me something to grab on to and flip it over so that I can do both sides at once. Another option would be to hang them, though I don't have the space for that.

azAezZD.jpg

rhjXecL.jpg

HL68xVv.jpg

ZwGDkeH.jpg

Here's the case with the shroud in, although it's not secured yet, just sitting in place. Also the front rad is just sitting there so I can visualize the look of things.

lznmPva.jpg

Beh9IqD.jpg

I hope I won't have clearance issues with the EK-FC Bridge for the two GPU water blocks with the shroud. Might be pretty tight once the GPUs are in.

h2kJJzd.jpg

6FzyvFJ.jpg

avAqJiN.jpg

I might have something special going in the 5.25" bays. We'll have to wait and see

1ECW7mQ.jpg

A look from the back and underneath the shroud. Plenty of room for cable management and I hope that once the PSU is in place the Aquaero will have some room left in there

04clJ9M.jpg

x2aRpxk.jpg

Side panels are still not painted. It's been way to hot and humid here in Queensland to paint these past few days. I did clean them up and prepped them nicely so they are ready to paint on the next cool .. er day

L0vSQHB.jpg

vMxP5WV.jpg

A close look at the SSD windows

wRuNY6s.jpg

I think the windowed side panel will look sweet once the build is completed

FlWzp0k.jpg

ChYSaLY.jpg

That's about it. Now I need to get the motherboard in and take some measurements for the MB tray acrylic piece. Secure everything properly inside the case, get those side panels done and the case will be near completed.

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

So sexy :D

Easy, EASILY my favorite build for a long time. Proper at home modding.

The community needs to take note. THIS is worth the highest praise.

Thanks a lot mate. I'm really glad you like it. I appreciate the kind words :D:D:D

SIMPLE MODZ

Wauw! This is amazing :) I love costum painted cases, I wish I could do some lasercutting. Keep up the good work!

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

Dang, this build is sweet. I really like the molecule pattern you're using. The green and white are a really nice combo as well. I would try to do the sharpie outline thing on the shapes though, just to break it up and give it a bit of contrast. 

Really nice build nonetheless man :) Looking forward to see what's next

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Wauw! This is amazing :) I love costum painted cases, I wish I could do some lasercutting. Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate! Yea I'd love some lasercutting too :P. All cuts here were done with my trusty Dremel rotary :D

Dang, this build is sweet. I really like the molecule pattern you're using. The green and white are a really nice combo as well. I would try to do the sharpie outline thing on the shapes though, just to break it up and give it a bit of contrast. 

Really nice build nonetheless man :) Looking forward to see what's next

Thanks mate! Yea I'm still considering if I should do the sharpie thing. I might just edit one of the photos just to have an idea as to how it would look and if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna leave it till the end as to see how the rest of the build is gonna shape up :)

SIMPLE MODZ

XQJQ3aX.png.

Hey guys. Here's a quick look at some of the components and water blocks.

EK Maximus V Gene water block painted white

4XvRcNV.jpg

XbqUWch.jpg

KMKcpRY.jpg

Polished EK Ram block with the Primochill rigid fittings that I will be using

WRlZIlc.jpg

BXMDVzp.jpg

PguOViA.jpg

RUYD4lj.jpg

A7Xdbgd.jpg

EK Supremacy EVO CPU block polished and painted white

bhIjOH5.jpg

2Z9SAJF.jpg

giuUKqS.jpg

05v13yd.jpg

Waterblock installed on the motherboard

yLozA3n.jpg

ZWS8StH.jpg

Removed the heat sink for painting

FyjYUOf.jpg

UMROeh2.jpg

c3NCagd.jpg

gVMh8sQ.jpg

Added some white vinyl to the side of the ram slot that will be seen. The ram will also get custom graphics

yHHEoMh.jpg

Batter look with all the waterblocks on

Mdkkp6R.jpg

You can also see I added some white vinyl on top of the sata connectors

fodND8N.jpg

White strip on the RAM though I don't like the look of it, as I said custom graphics for the RAM will be coming

kFFmhs6.jpg

d1zAirM.jpg

eSjYCqt.jpg

yP1WTfh.jpg

aHNichV.jpg

hOusrFz.jpg

4AQPaO9.jpg

2veXygm.jpg

JU1EyJt.jpg

8dsJnMM.jpg

Heat sink is back on the motherboard after painting. I will be making a custom plate for it with some nice ROG graphics to match the theme of the build.

NQdT3YO.jpg

6k3b9pB.jpg

iAqRTDR.jpg

uhu8dKD.jpg

That's pretty much it for now guys. Most of the red bits on the motherboard will be covered by components so they won't be seen and the build will still stick to the green and white theme.

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Looks awesome so far :D

Those whater blocks tho, subbed, nice work.

Nice work man again, really love your work keep It up.

Thanks guys

mod the power button on the case

I might have too, the original power button doesn't work anymore for some reason. So I'm gonna get rid of all the front panel connectors :)

SIMPLE MODZ

You're such a pro at making computer hardware look sooooo much more sexy looking :D

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.8GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus Gene VIII | GPU: EVGA 1080 SC | CASE: Silverstone TJ08-E | COOLER: Phanteks TC14PE | RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury | STORAGE: 250GB/1TB Samsung 850 Evo, XP941 256GB | PSU: 850W Seasonic X | MONITOR: Acer XB271HU | AUDIO OUT: Audio Technica M50X, AudioEngine D1 | AUDIO IN: Ant Lion Modmic 4.0 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm TK Brown | MOUSE: Corsiar M65 RGB

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

Here are the Gelid Wing UV Green fans. 7 will be going in the build, 3 on the top 360 radiator in push and 4 on the front 240 radiator in push/pull. This is a quick look at the fans before painting along with the UV LED strips from DarkSide. Two of the fans have white LEDs, those will be going in the front of the case on the 240 rad and will be staying black, the rest of the fans will have the casing painted white.

Q7WTVsx.jpg

hWq9pKZ.jpg

IccML73.jpg

These are the two with white LEDs

KheLPs9.jpg

I have 9 of them but will only need 7 in the build

0hLVByd.jpg

pgdEW2I.jpg

PBexlOV.jpg

mv7rZGO.jpg

1QwHOAp.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Oh gawd dude. I freaking love that built! *-*

Can't wait for the finished product!

Keep it up. :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List