GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ARC Mini R2, custom paint, hardline watercooling)

ciobanulx

That looks awesome! I just did a window mod of my own and am wondering what you used to secure the window to the side panel. I used double sided adhesive tap, but it didn't really give the result I wanted. Did you use some kind of glue?

adhesive tape should do the trick, leave it for around 24 hours and t should be as hard as rock

I'm using that. is there any tape that is really thin and holds well? Also I know that people use u-channel to fill the gap but I think that looks terrible.

That looks awesome! I just did a window mod of my own and am wondering what you used to secure the window to the side panel. I used double sided adhesive tap, but it didn't really give the result I wanted. Did you use some kind of glue?

Dat radiator.

Haha yea it's massive :D

adhesive tape should do the trick, leave it for around 24 hours and t should be as hard as rock

I'm using that. is there any tape that is really thin and holds well? Also I know that people use u-channel to fill the gap but I think that looks terrible.

CtW, there are a few double sided tapes from 3M that you can use. For the back SSD window I used a 1mm thick double sided 3M tape. It's pretty good and also transparent, model 4010. There is another one I sometimes use, the 4011 from 3M. That one is a bit thicker and also not clear but holds really well. These are the one I can easily find here however there are better options in the the US like the so called Tape of the Gods, as Bill Owen calls it. I believe that one is the 4910 from 3M. Any will do the trick for a window mod.

However on my side panel with the molecules I used two part epoxy glue. It usually comes in a dual syringe that you have to mix and apply as needed. You can use that if you want your window to be really flush with the side panel like I wanted in my case. After the epoxy has dried and thickened you won't get it off. And you don't need to apply much. I used a small painters brush to apply it to the side panel around the molecules and all the edges to get a good grip. Then just pressed the acrylic onto it after which I applied some weights on top an left it for 24 hours. Really good result :D

You can use u-channel around your cuts for the window if you want but I also don't like the look of that however if you don't wanna use u-channel and want to cut your side panel and put a window then you will need to clean your cuts really nice and then paint the side panel for it to look really good.

Hope this helps man :D

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Looks pretty awful dude if I'm honest. Now you've added the black and red board, red SSDs and PSU there are just too many colours going on. I really hate white parts but tbh? this is one of the few times I think they would actually work.

Still don't like the different greens either. The outside is quite reserved and the inside downright lairy and the two don't sit together IMO.

Are you going to paint/cover the PSU and SSDs etc?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Looks pretty awful dude if I'm honest. Now you've added the black and red board, red SSDs and PSU there are just too many colours going on. I really hate white parts but tbh? this is one of the few times I think they would actually work.

Still don't like the different greens either. The outside is quite reserved and the inside downright lairy and the two don't sit together IMO.

Are you going to paint/cover the PSU and SSDs etc?

Mate the build is not finished!

I'm pretty sure I addressed the black and red board numerous times and I haven't added it, it's been there from the beginning. I've covered as much of the red as I can and once the two 970s go in all blocked up the two red pcie lanes will not be seen. Same as the build was before if you look on the very first page before the rebuild.

The PSU the same, I have showed the shroud numerous times and even mentioned in the latest update that the PSU and all the cables in the bottom will be covered by the shroud. Otherwise it would not have been hard for me to modify the PSU to fit the theme like I've done nearly everything else.

Same with the SSD and HDD in the back and also the CPU cooler. I need a way of using this build until it is finished as it is my main system, also mentioned this numerous times. They are all place holders, I will get new SSDs and will modify them to fit the theme before the build is finished.

The only colour in the build will be white, green and black as mentioned from the beginning

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

What happened to the Vault PC? did you sell it on?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

No, I still have it. I use it as my HTPC in my bedroom

...vault boy...htpc...wtf

Yea that was the point of it from the beginning. I use it as my HTPC and for console like gaming, games that you would generally play with a controller :)

the what the hell does your main rig look like? If it doesn't top vault boy I will be very disappointed 

dam thats so cool i love hardline tubing it just look so UGGH so amazing 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Haha yea it's massive :D

CtW, there are a few double sided tapes from 3M that you can use. For the back SSD window I used a 1mm thick double sided 3M tape. It's pretty good and also transparent, model 4010. There is another one I sometimes use, the 4011 from 3M. That one is a bit thicker and also not clear but holds really well. These are the one I can easily find here however there are better options in the the US like the so called Tape of the Gods, as Bill Owen calls it. I believe that one is the 4910 from 3M. Any will do the trick for a window mod.

However on my side panel with the molecules I used two part epoxy glue. It usually comes in a dual syringe that you have to mix and apply as needed. You can use that if you want your window to be really flush with the side panel like I wanted in my case. After the epoxy has dried and thickened you won't get it off. And you don't need to apply much. I used a small painters brush to apply it to the side panel around the molecules and all the edges to get a good grip. Then just pressed the acrylic onto it after which I applied some weights on top an left it for 24 hours. Really good result :D

You can use u-channel around your cuts for the window if you want but I also don't like the look of that however if you don't wanna use u-channel and want to cut your side panel and put a window then you will need to clean your cuts really nice and then paint the side panel for it to look really good.

Hope this helps man :D

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for the advice! I will probably use the epoxy and I do need to re-shape the window anyway so it'll probably be done this week! 

the what the hell does your main rig look like? If it doesn't top vault boy I will be very disappointed 

This will be my main rig for now once it's finished

dam thats so cool i love hardline tubing it just look so UGGH so amazing 

Thanks mate!

Thanks for the advice! I will probably use the epoxy and I do need to re-shape the window anyway so it'll probably be done this week! 

It's all good mate. Epoxy is really easy to use. PM me the results if you want, I'd be interested to see :D

SIMPLE MODZ

It's all good mate. Epoxy is really easy to use. PM me the results if you want, I'd be interested to see :D

I re-did my window yesterday and it did not turn out amazingly well (the window has really bad streaking and some epoxy on it), but on the computer, its fine and the edges are so much more clean! I'll PM you the before and after pics when I can!  :D I'll probably redo the paint on the panel when I finish the paint on the case because the clamps left some annoying marks.

I re-did my window yesterday and it did not turn out amazingly well (the window has really bad streaking and some epoxy on it), but on the computer, its fine and the edges are so much more clean! I'll PM you the before and after pics when I can!  :D I'll probably redo the paint on the panel when I finish the paint on the case because the clamps left some annoying marks.

Cool man :D. Can't wait to see it!

Very detailed and pleasant to watch. +1 for the gentleman.

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate the kind words :D

SIMPLE MODZ

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

This is my solution for covering the hole left by the original front panel connectors.

I had to paint the vinyl to match the green colour :)

Let me know what you guys think? I think it looks pretty good :D

Also you can see a quick tease of the UV lights inside the case :D

qpwhK0k.jpg

WcrktCl.jpg

sEWDfQi.jpg

Getting there slowly...

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

That is really cool!
Looking forward to pictures of the inside with that lighting!
Also, in this kind of darker light, the case green is much prettier.

When in doubt: C4

That is really cool!

Looking forward to pictures of the inside with that lighting!

Also, in this kind of darker light, the case green is much prettier.

Thanks mate! Yea this is how the green look under normal light on my desk. It seems to react differently to warm lights and cool lights :)

I love the effect the cables have, those are really going to stand out!

Thanks mate!

that new green looks so much better that it was before, keep up with the awesome builds

Thanks though if you're referring to the green on the case, it's the same as before. That's how it looks like when the case is in my room under a warm light, it seems to react differently to cool light. Though I really like it in any light and think it matches with the UV look on the inside quite well.

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys, appreciate it! Exciting things to come :D

SIMPLE MODZ

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

I decided to delid my 3770K that's going into this build. I want to be able to not run any fan at all while the PC at idle and even though this won't make any difference at idle it will surely give me that extra performance and better temps when overclocking. Plus I really wanted to try it out.

I followed the method used by DeeGee Tech and Hardware in this

. It's a really good video and explanation of the delidding process and shows one of the simplest ways to do it.

Was really easy to do, a bit scary but now that I've done it I will surely do it again to future chips :D.

6zv16gc.jpg

H3fJ0ot.jpg

8KeE4p0.jpg

OKkcR5W.jpg

gGJmcr3.jpg

XNg6eL8.jpg

XZEN1Cx.jpg

Cool Laboratories Liquid Ultra :D

fAFSUzm.jpg

A very tiny drop spreads so much

bBF6cpu.jpg

I guess we will have to see how good the temps are once the loop is done. Unfortunately I won't be able to give a before and after, only the temps I was getting before the rebuild tho that did not have the Monsta rad in.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Wow, that would scare the crap out of me to remove the lid of the CPU. How drastic do you think the temperature difference will be?

I had over 16degree decrease in temps on my 3770k and over 12degree temp drop on my 4790k after delidding :)

Wow, that would scare the crap out of me to remove the lid of the CPU. How drastic do you think the temperature difference will be?

I had over 16degree decrease in temps on my 3770k and over 12degree temp drop on my 4790k after delidding :)

I hope I will be getting something similar! Still need to test once the loop is done :D

SIMPLE MODZ