GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ARC Mini R2, custom paint, hardline watercooling)

ciobanulx

0fg7XSe.png

Banner: Rumikarimu

JBlwHxb.jpg

FINAL PICS

SPECS:

Case - Modded Fractal Design ARC Mini R2
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus V Gene
CPU - Intel i7 3770K (delidded, 4.7GHz @ 1.29v)
GPUs - 2 x EVGA GTX 970 with Nvidia GeForce SLI Bridge
Memory - 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominator GTs 2133Mhz
SSDs - Crucial MX100 256GB and 512GB
PSU - Corsair AX860 80Plus Platinum

Cables - Icemodz custom sleeved white and green cables

Radiators - Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper Monsta 240mm, Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper ST30 360mm
Fans - 7 x 120mm Gelid Wing UV Green
Fan Controller - Aquaero 5LT USB fan controller
Pump - Swiftech MCP35X with Koolance heatsink and Bitspower Pump Top
Reservoirs - Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Full Acrylic, Clockwerk Case Mods custom made reservoir
Fittings - Primochill Rigid Ghost Green fittings, various Bitspower matte black extension and angle fittings
Tubing - Primochill Rigid Clear Acrylic
CPU Block - EK-Supremacy EVO CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
GPU Block - 2 x EK-FC670 CSQ Nickel Acetal
RAM Block - EK-RAM Monarch X4 CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
Motherboard Block - EK-MOSFET ASUS M5G Acetal
SLI Bridge - EK-FC Bridge CSQ Polished Dual Parallel
Coolant - Mayhems UV Emerald Green

Lighting - DarkSide UV LED strips

SPONSOR

y9W1WcM.jpg

Hello guys and welcome to my new build log and what will be my second mod project.

Some of you may know me from my previous build the Vault Boy which had the honor of being featured on the WAN show just this month, December 2014 :D

This build is more of an upgrade of my other system in a Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 in which I will be keeping most of the components as well as adding new ones and a lot of modding work to the case and other bits

Here is the build in it's current state or how it was a few days ago before a pretty major event happened and I had to take it apart sooner than I thought ...

zGMvmD2.jpg

dp1vHre.jpg

frLKo9p.jpg

This will be another colourful build in the same style as Vault Boy however no game theme this time. The colours will be white, green and bits of black as well as going with a molecule design in some places, hence the name Green Molecule

I still have a small update for Vault Boy in mind which would have nonetheless taken my a couple of days to do as it involved draining the loop and taking a few things out. The plan was to tackle it this past weekend though I did not expect something to happen to this system in the meantime ...

Saturday morning while I was still enjoying my sleep my partner wakes me up telling me there is a burning smell coming from the system, me thinking she's just making fun of me as she sometimes does, I choose to ignore her  :lol:. However as she kept insisting and telling me that it's no joke I got up and went to the other room where the system was just to be greeted by this awful smell of burnt plastic and a couple of seconds later realising that the DDC pump had burned out.

The CPU was rocking 105C according to Real Temp but was still running fine. Not sure how long it's been like that, it was running the whole night as we stream movies to our bedroom from it and before I went to sleep it was fine. I immediately turned it off by just a normal shut down and there went my day as I decided to just dismantle the thing there and then.

The aftermath is shown in the following pics as I went ahead and took everything apart, cleaned it and installed the system on my desk to test everything. Fortunately everything was fine minus a burned out DDC pump :D. The little guy has been pumping my liquid pretty much 24 hours straight for the past two years and a bit and it decided it's had enough of the Queensland heat. Just when I was about to mount a heat sink on it along with the upgrade of the system

And let's start straight with the dirty stuff

JyDKQOS.jpg

e4TGZVP.jpg

4Cz2cl1.jpg

As you can see the little guys burned out pretty good, I doubt I can salvage it with a new PCB from that DIYINHK site that still sell them

eknzOuZ.jpg

F7eRmOU.jpg

c5abSQw.jpg

If I'm guessing right the fluid must have been boiling around the CPU area that caused the tube to fog up as well as deform a little bit to the touch. My partner may have woken me up just in time to save it. Not sure if the system would have shut itself off after a while or if the acrylic tube would of just melted but I think I'm lucky nothing further happened.

IO7A2gr.jpg

eRGzm7J.jpg

n9Y2hwa.jpg

Here's the empty case and by the looks of things something funny happened to the label on that Corsair Force GT SSD.

cePWKYb.jpg

yjGRCM2.jpg

cKpCILd.jpg

VJK8Le8.jpg

And everything out on the table to be cleaned and inspected

You may also spot the new side panel that I have been working on the few days prior, finished it the night before.

Here's a better look at the side panel

OASuAiZ.jpg

The plan was to have more molecules but I managed to mess up the left side of it so decided to just make the window bigger. Still think it came out pretty good in the end, minus a few painting mess ups due to an unexpected storm that occurred as the paint was drying.

Dm48CEf.jpg

These are the molecule shapes I used as I am not good at drawing things 

c4nD5mf.jpg

zA4DzY2.jpg

UVU7WeB.jpg

A better look at the finished side panel as well as the very last pic of the system running 

The side panel was fully crafted by me using a Dremel rotary tool, a jig saw and lots of filing :D

I was also playing around with this new Aquaero 5LT controller the night before. Installed the optional heatsink but didn't get to test it out.

ipJEqH6.jpg

WI2jsGq.jpg

WEtFXaZ.jpg

AubIpbI.jpg

Today I managed to get some work done on the planned case mods as well as painting :D

First I cut a small hole in the floor which I will use as a drain from the bottom outlet of the Alphacool Monsta 240mm rad that will be going in the front of the case.

gixonGV.jpg

Did a cut on the MB tray as well. I will be making a shroud for the bottom so I cut the bottom right corner of the MB tray as to better help with cable management at the back.

hd8n8z0.jpg

ewTPRJP.jpg

I made a small mistake here and started cutting higher that I wanted to. However it doesn't make a difference as I will be putting some white acrylic around the MB that will cover everything.

0K6Mif5.jpg

g9xQZW1.jpg

y4m5iY2.jpg

Y4zzQ0k.jpg

I then got the case ready for painting

rEHENmT.jpg

Z1MVvHw.jpg

ilV83Ut.jpg

tKz8JNg.jpg

OWGxLkN.jpg

E6AlAIx.jpg

XJMebVj.jpg

2qA1LXY.jpg

MuMpxYr.jpg

LWVctAa.jpg

5qwT9de.jpg

pf0f1es.jpg

H07lShW.jpg

i4b8uCV.jpg

z4Uok80.jpg

xFjj1mK.jpg

In this last pic you can see how the brushed aluminum aspect of the front panel looks after painting.

Some parts will be going green tomorrow while other will stay white.

The plan is to have the inside of the case white and the outside shell green like the side panel. Hopefully it will look good like I'm imagining it.

That's it for now guys. Let me know what you think so far. Feedback will be much appreciated :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Very nice, i like it. However i think those GPU wires should go behind the tubing.

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

AWESOME

Also can't wait to see the nvidia claw sli bridge :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I just came.

Very nice, i like it. However i think those GPU wires should go behind the tubing.

Thanks :). I think you are referring to how the build was prior to the rebuild :P. I haven't yet considered cables. So far focus is on getting the case ready :D

Beast :D

Noice

I love the green. Much classier than the over abundance of green on my build.

Love your builds man, best I've ever seen. Keep building buddy.

Thanks a lot buddy. Really appreciate it, feels good to hear something like that :D

now this is a build that i like!

AWESOME

Also can't wait to see the nvidia claw sli bridge :D

Thanks man. Yea me too, hopefully I won't have trouble finding one :P

Ohhhhhhhh interestingggggg. Followed.

I just came.

Thanks a lot for the support guys :D. The case is just about ready for reassembly after painting. Though there is still a lot of painting to be done for other bits  :P 

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Thanks :). I think you are referring to how the build was prior to the rebuild :P. I haven't yet considered cables. So far focus is on getting the case ready :D

Thanks a lot buddy. Really appreciate it, feels good to hear something like that :D

Thanks man. Yea me too, hopefully I won't have trouble finding one :P

Thanks a lot for the support guys :D. The case is just about ready for reassembly after painting. Though there is still a lot of painting to be done for other bits  :P 

Cheers, Alex

Can't wait to see it!

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys! Hope you've all had a great Christmas, I've been quite busy with the fam over these past few days though I did manage to put the frame of the case back together and I gotta say it came out quite nicely. The outer bits I'm gonna leave them to dry for a few more days just to make sure and I'm also still waiting on some materials, the post hasn't come in days now :( hopefully I receive something before the new year.

Oh and check out that update banner :D

Here's the case so far:

aapJQe2.jpg

fqTjfyn.jpg

AAodrbL.jpg

xS0fD5I.jpg

SwemlgV.jpg

n1xxTU4.jpg

I'll take some better shots when I get a chance :)

Enjoy the rest of the holidays :D

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

• 2 weeks later...

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys. I've been taking it easy over the holidays but it's time to get back to work. Here's a small update of what I've been working on for the front and top panel grills of the case :D

I previously painted them white, I then cut some molecule shapes out of white vinyl, though any colour could have worked. I then painted green over them and after drying I took off the vinyl stickers. Very simple do to and I'm very happy with the result.

NG2D6wl.jpg

ClAngVP.jpg

5kSZUcH.jpg

c4mK53d.jpg

KOHYC5F.jpg

gUXO9Vi.jpg

EioXw4o.jpg

qMTjsJD.jpg

D8akoYj.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

That turned out great! Looks amazing!

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

That looks very very nice, I really like the green & white filter you painted last.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

I like it!

That turned out great! Looks amazing!

That looks very very nice, I really like the green & white filter you painted last.

Noice!

Thanks a lot guys :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Hooolyyy I'm so jealous man it's looking great! Keep up the good work

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

If you can and are confident doing so, I think a ruler and a black sharpie to border the painted shapes would make them really stand out.

Also painting PCI bracket (including GPU or other PCI devices) can really make a project come together. :) its the little things.

Hooolyyy I'm so jealous man it's looking great! Keep up the good work

If you can and are confident doing so, I think a ruler and a black sharpie to border the painted shapes would make them really stand out.

Also painting PCI bracket (including GPU or other PCI devices) can really make a project come together. :) its the little things.

Hmm that's not a bad idea though once I do it, if I don't like it, then there won't really be a way to remove it. I'll have to think on that one :P

As for painting PCI brackets I will definitely be doing that once I get the GPUs and I have other small bits that will be painted too :D

SIMPLE MODZ

I really like what you did with the mesh. Looks fantastic! 

keep up the good work. 

Also, that pump.... holy crap! 

I've had my d5 vario running 24/7 for 7 years now. Just dismantled the system a week ago for a rebuild. 

Aside from needing a good scrub, she's still 100%.

2 years doesn't seem like nearly enough time, but i guess those DDC pumps aren't as robust. 

Core i7-2600k @ 4.65Ghz - Asus Maximus IV Gene Z - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Cerilian Blue - Samsung EVO 840 250GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB - 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 SC - Corsair AX850, custom sleaved and length - Silverstone Sugo heavily modified - Full loop with EK blocks and 360 rad, frozenq res. 

I really like what you did with the mesh. Looks fantastic! 

keep up the good work. 

Also, that pump.... holy crap! 

I've had my d5 vario running 24/7 for 7 years now. Just dismantled the system a week ago for a rebuild. 

Aside from needing a good scrub, she's still 100%.

2 years doesn't seem like nearly enough time, but i guess those DDC pumps aren't as robust. 

Thanks mate :). Yup I think D5s are more resistant that DDC pump. Though I think what killed mine was my room ambient temps, like I said 37C and above sometimes :)

SIMPLE MODZ