Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I would use it to upgrade my wife's pc.  Would only need a new motherboard and new memory.

Entering to win a CPU, upgrade my brothers computer from a 2120 finally.

i might actually need this for my Autodesk Maya and nuke fusion for composting 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I would switch my gaming/occasional streaming rig over from my current AMD "8" core to this. And then figure out some kind of cool project to do with the leftover hardware.

I want to win. If I got them I would buy a new motherboard to use them.

MMM that i7 would be gr8 for my pc. I r8 8/8.

I would use the 5820k to game (of course) and start streaming and setting up a gaming channel and to F@H! Also let my gf borrow it from time to time to render, and obviously show it off to my friends!

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

HI, I would experience my very first Intel CPU and bask in the glory that is 22nm efficiency.

planing to buy this cpu for new rig (gaming and little bit of video editing) 

I will get the node 804 case a Matx x99 bord and do hardtubing.

Michael

I could use this for my computer and upgrade my parents with my old computer parts, parts are not even 2 months old lol.

Hey I would use the processor to upgrade my rig. Removing the biggest bottleneck in the process

planning to use a good cpu in my pc for one time ^^ currently running on a g3258 nice but yeah...

just join the forum, giving a try, because why not and I even think on build a new pc lately.

If I were to win this, it would chew up much of my budget to get this and the other higher-end enthusiast components (ddr4 and the more expensive board and socket), meaning my build would have to be done incrementally, but it would be enough to convince me to go big or go home for sure! And to everyone else, may the odds be ever in your favor.

I'd use this to start up grading my media and Gaming Rig. Badly needed. Thanks

I would use it as an excuse to build another PC for AOSP development so I don't have to wait a day for the build to finish compiling.

This would be a nice upgrade for my 5 year old system. I can't even imagine how fast premiere pro would be with this beast :)

Hey! I would just create an x99 gaming pc! Pc master race FTW HAHAHA just kidding :D

Been eyeing a build with this in it for a while... looking forward to making streams in higher quality and speeding up video encoding times from my current rig :) 

Like several others who have replied to this I can't afford an X99 mobo or DDR4 either, so, I would just have to settle for placing the 5820 in a place of reverence (the fireplace mantle maybe?) so that I could bask in the warmth and glow of it's technological greatness everyday.

I might try and lightly rub the 5820 against the V6 cooler that sits on top of my 2600K (that I still don't use more than 15% of it's processing power) and hope that the extra 2 cores might migrate to the 2600....(it could happen).

Perhaps there is a way I could afford an X99....maybe I could sell my home's central heating unit and use the funds to by an X99 and some DDR4! Then, I could just crank up FAH and use the heat coming off the cpu to heat my house!! That might actually work.....hey, it's a small house...

In any case, thanks to Intel for the goodies and LTT just for being LTT!

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".