Im 15 how can i get my mother to understand that buying a $600 cell phone to replace her landline is not a good idea

ClarmonkGaming

She came home with a samsung galaxy s4 on a 2 year contact 1gb data monthly unlmited calling for $64 per month + $200 upright for the phone. the reason she did this is because bell is screwing us for landline like $120/month. she said only phone calls on my phone no apps or anything i tried to explain to her this is a bad idea you wasted money buying the s4 you could have bought a $100 phone from ebay and got a $20 plan with unlimited calling added on she said no i cant this is the best way to do it. I said or we could call other phone companies and get a better landline deal. no she just says this is the best way,  she does not understand that she is just wasting money buying a s4 just to call and having data on the phone when she does not plan to use it. 

She came home with a samsung galaxy s4 on a 2 year contact 1gb data monthly unlmited calling for $64 per month + $200 upright for the phone. the reason she did this is because bell is screwing us for landline like $120/month. she said only phone calls on my phone no apps or anything i tried to explain to her this is a bad idea you wasted money buying the s4 you could have bought a $100 phone from ebay and got a $20 plan with unlimited calling added on she said no i cant this is the best way to do it. I said or we could call other phone companies and get a better landline deal. no she just says this is the best way,  she does not understand that she is just wasting money buying a s4 just to call and having data on the phone when she does not plan to use it. 

welp, if your mom is as proud as mine for example, well there you go pride screws everything up

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Tell her to think about it clearly, If you aint going to use the phone for apps or data. Then don't purchase it just get a nice pre-paid phone and be done with it

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well i mean 64 a month isnt great but isnt terrible for mobile i pay 60 for 2,5gb of data  unlimited calls and texts, if you dont need a landline i would say go for it or shop around for a better deal at a better phone company, remember to have internet to your house you still have to have a "landline" of sorts

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Tell her to think about it clearly, If you aint going to use the phone for apps or data. Then don't purchase it just get a nice pre-paid phone and be done with it

I tried that she do sent grasp that she docent need it and teaching her how to use it is hell she knows how to use my phone i just want to give her that and get a new one it will do what she wants it is the first galaxy nexus develop edition i got from my friend at google

welp, if your mom is as proud as mine for example, well there you go pride screws everything up

only half as proud as mine....

my dad even still thinks that free apps stored on the physical storage cost your data and stuff...

HMM I WONDER WHY MY 30+ APPS ON MY PHONE WITH NO CONTRACT HAS STAYED COST-LESS FOR 2 MONTHS NOW HMMM...........

*sigh* some people jsut refuse to accept that they're wrong. its not pride even. just ignorance.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Well i mean 64 a month isnt great but isnt terrible for mobile i pay 60 for 2,5gb of data  unlimited calls and texts, if you dont need a landline i would say go for it or shop around for a better deal at a better phone company, remember to have internet to your house you still have to have a "landline" of sorts

we live in a rural area i have wireless internet ;(

People still use landlines?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

For me to buy a phone (One M8) on a two year contract it would be like 70 a month for 300MB of data and unlimited call/text.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I tried that she do sent grasp that she docent need it and teaching her how to use it is hell she knows how to use my phone i just want to give her that and get a new one it will do what she wants it is the first galaxy nexus develop edition i got from my friend at google

my aunt baught a little samsung flip phone for 10 dollars at Tmobile. she gets 1000 minutes for 60 dollars. 

he old smart phone was 60 dollars a month for 100 minutes. 

just..... seriously....

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Dude cell phones are the new land lines. Land lines in my opinion died in the 90s. 

i know but a s4 for just calling is overkill

my aunt baught a little samsung flip phone for 10 dollars at Tmobile. she gets 1000 minutes for 60 dollars. 

he old smart phone was 60 dollars a month for 100 minutes. 

just..... seriously....

she could get a htc one m7 that for $200 then a $25 plan

People still use landlines?

suprisingly yes. they know how it works and dont wanna upgrade or its just simpler than having the whole house have a single wireless phone.

-Jim Hensen

i know but a s4 for just calling is overkill

again i shal talk about my aunt.

10 dollars. flip phone. makes a cute little sparkle sound when you open it.

60 dollars for 1000 minutes through Tmobile. 

what else need i say/

-Jim Hensen

suprisingly yes. they know how it works and dont wanna upgrade or its just simpler than having the whole house have a single wireless phone.

I dont my dad is like are you gonna call some girls tonight im like snapchat hes like what is that i say google it 

Well this is...... straight up dumb. (sorry op)

@BurgerBum why are you liking my posts all the time 0_o you are just like JoeyDM

honestly she could just get an older smart phone and use facebook and skype.... they're 100% free yo...

-Jim Hensen

honestly she could just get an older smart phone and use facebook and skype.... they're 100% free yo...

she wants phone service because are internet is not reliable so she cant use a app that makes calls using wifi  

WTF 120/month for a landline... 

Where do you come from?

Bell fuck bell it started out at $60 then they bumped it up to $120 we have been with them for 5 years and they do this

What is dumb :(

Situation