Sony Hacks - It's update time again, Hackers have threatened Terror Attacks, and they won as of (17/12/14)

NEW UPDATE:

THE HACKERS HAVE OFFICIALLY WON, SONY HAS JUST PULLED ALL THE PREMIERS OF THE FILM WORLD WIDE. #GG

REPORTED ON THE FORUM HERE BY @rockking1379

HERE IS ANOTHER SOURCE TO THE ONE PROVIDED IN THE ABOVE TOPIC

GIZMODO

Updates to this story

Thanks to Forum member @AlRayes_BRN for posting this, Cinemas have started to cancel Premiers to "The Interview" amidst Terror Threats made by hackers.

Read that article HERE 

Before anything, I should say right now, this recent note has not yet been confirmed as genuine. It maybe from a fake group like the recent threats to the families of Sony Employees. Until it has been validated, take this post as a fairly large grain of salt.

The Verge - http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/16/7402649/sony-hackers-threaten-terror-attacks-on-people-seeing-the-interview

Not that long ago I posted an update to the recent Sony hacks brought on due to their new film to be released called "The Interview". if you haven't seen that post or don't know about the Sony hacks, click HERE to catch up, I'll still be here when you get back..... Back? Lets continue with today's update (16/12/2014)

The latest threat to come from the hackers is Terror Attacks against people who watch the movie. They are recommending that you stay distant from cinemas and other screening locations showing this movie.

Recently the hackers have promised a "Christmas Gift" of some kind. Everyone is expecting it to be more data leak, but after this shocking announcement, who knows what it could be. 

Here is a fully copy of the note from the Hackers

Warning

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places "The Interview" be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to. Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made. The world will be full of fear.

Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.) Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment. All the world will denounce the SONY.

The reason people are suggesting the "Christmas gift" could be an attack due to the hackers telling us to remember what happened on a tragic day, September 11th 2001. 

This threat was leaked along with another load of Sony e-mail, supposed to be from their CEO, Michael Lynton.

There is no evidence that this threat is from the same group as previous attacks due to them contacting media anonymously through reusable e-mail addresses. People believe it is the same group as the information has been fairly consistent.

There is no evidence currently to confirm how genuine these e-mails and the authenticity of the new note.

My thoughts?

Truthfully, I can't say what I want to, (To avoid possible warning post strikes). If this new information is genuine, this is actually quite terrifying how far these hackers are willing to go to get the movie banned. Also, to the hackers, Dick move comparing what you are planning to do to 9/11. Keeping in mind the unknown authenticity of this note, I don't know what's going to happen if it is genuine. 

Your thoughts? Please leave them down below!

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Welp time to find and call the police, and warn them about this.    And hope  to these hackers whom " Were called guardians of piece " aren't very peaceful

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

More empty threats from more people full of hot air.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I guess this isn't the GoP. Also this is a foolish move, but in this day and age it causes panic, the main goal of many of these so called hackers. I am still not too sure about the motives of the GoP, I don't believe they are North Korean. I think it is more likely a group of people who want to mess stuff up, for the sake of it, create international tensions, terrorist threats. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Can they please hire some cunning linguist to help them distinguish what is proper English? 

Jokes aside, don't negotiate with terrorists. Sony would be making a very large mistake if they don't release "The Interview" because at that point the "hackers" own them. We just need to make sure nothing happens on the release of the movie as we will not tolerate something like the September 11, 2011 attacks ever again. 

meanwhile at sny:

Hey stephen!

roll the clip! let's see if these bastards dare to go that far!

(would be fun)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

wow

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

This isn't GOP ok? This threat is so 12-year old writing.. Foolish move and they will get raided so fast....

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

See, what i find funny is... There has been plenty of movies about other presidents and countires etc.

North Korea gets involved in a film and they get pissed and everything goes to shit.

Whoever is doing this is really pathetic and needs to learn that if they even gave in to their demands.

It opens up the whole film industry for ridicule and then movies will start get restrictions on what they can include and make.

This will then reduce quality and quantity of entertainment and cause plenty of 'famous people' to go out of the job as they won't be as high in demand as they would normally be.

This is ridiculous and has no sense too it what so ever.

The only thing that makes sense is that NK are just trying to make a reason to goto war with the US and using Sony as a third party to put that in motion.

Which is not only causing Sony to lose millions, but at the same time... causing no effect on the US' decisions towards North Korea.

Pretty fucking stupid and pathetic.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Wow... this really changes my opinion on "The Interview"...

I'm going to go see the release!

P.S.- The last time someone attacked the US, they were forced into hiding until the US found and killed them.

That literally makes me sick. Sony needs to release the movie they really have no choice. It's also just pathetic to try and gain attention off the back of a terrorist attack of that nature.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

If peoples lifes are being threatened then the government needs to step in.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

It's slightly getting serious, Better not risk it, do a bluray or a DVD release instead..

Details separate people.

More empty threats from more people full of hot air.

They've gone through with most of their crap so far, this group may be more than just assholes, based on this recent update I wouldn't be surprised if they spliced in an Isis type execution into the middle of the premier of The Interview.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It's slightly getting serious, Better not risk it, do a bluray or a DVD release instead..

I'll not go to see The Interview in theaters while this is going on. TPB is back anyway.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

My penis does more damage Han these "hackers"

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

And Streisand effect begins....now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

clearly fake ....... lol

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

They've gone through with most of their crap so far, this group may be more than just assholes, based on this recent update I wouldn't be surprised if they spliced in an Isis type execution into the middle of the premier of The Interview.

Wouldn't surpise me if it was Sonys CEO either

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

im starting to feel like this is some marketing ploy.. telling people not to go see it is going to want to make them see it even more.. i think someone on this forum posted about the streisand effect from the last update, and im starting to think its possible for sony to pull the fleece over everybodys eyes and get people in theatres on christmas day 

if im wrong.. i hope they release the interview 

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros