Terrorist Attack in Pakistan School - 126 Dead, 100+ Injured

Fate

Unfortunately there has been a massive terrorist attack in Pakistan. 

Four-five terrorists entered the Army Public School, one is still alive.

It has been going on for five hours now.

Source: http://www.dawn.com/news/1151203/terrorists-storm-peshawar-school

Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/2pg5ju/pakistani_army_school_under_siege_by_terrorists/cmwda2x

Livestream: http://world.ptv.com.pk/LiveStreaming.asp

I'm heartbroken; our friends in Pakistan don't deserve this bullshit. What kind of monsters kill children? That's not Islam, that's terrorism.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

This is a tech forum you know that right? 

And this is off-topic, you know that right?

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

damn..

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

This is a tech forum you know that right? 

Yea, and tons of off-topic news gets posted here every day. 

Just because you're not interested doesn't mean it isn't viable. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yea, and tons of off-topic news gets posted here every day. 

Just because you're not interested doesn't mean it isn't viable. 

Okay okay you have a good point sorry.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Meh things like this happen there everyday because of how they educate themselves as well as the beliefs of islam. Most people there would stone their own family for doing something they don't agree with so I really can't feel sorry for these people, what goes around comes around.

:(

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Meh things like this happen there everyday because of how they educate themselves as well as the beliefs of islam. Most people there would stone their own family for doing something they don't agree with so I really can't feel sorry for these people, what goes around comes around.

You are stereotyping all Muslims under the tag of extremists, and that is wrong. I have multiple Muslim friends, all great people. The "beliefs of Islam" are not violence and genocide, but rather peace and giving to the poor. These terrorists are not evil because of their religion, they are evil because they are bad people.

Hold on, hold on. So, from what you said, you think that Islam teaches this kind of behaviour? 

No. Just no. 

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Unfortunately there has been a massive terrorist attack in Pakistan. 

Four-five terrorists entered the Army Public School, one is still alive.

It has been going on for five hours now.

Source: http://www.dawn.com/news/1151203/terrorists-storm-peshawar-school

Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/2pg5ju/pakistani_army_school_under_siege_by_terrorists/cmwda2x

Livestream: http://world.ptv.com.pk/LiveStreaming.asp

I'm heartbroken; our friends in Pakistan don't deserve this bullshit. What kind of monsters kill children? That's not Islam, that's terrorism.

Hold on, hold on. So, from what you said, you think that Islam teaches this kind of behaviour? 

No. Just no. 

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif

This is a cowardly attack on innocent people. The media over there are reporting that they are trying hide under "Islam teaches this" ??!?!?!?? These people have got serious issues to think up this sh!t.

Truly sad news!!

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Not to be insensitive, but not really that big of a surprise these days.

Also

Meh things like this happen there everyday because of how they educate themselves as well as the beliefs of islam. Most people there would stone their own family for doing something they don't agree with

False, false, false, aaaaaaaaaaaaand false.

Ignorant xenophobic comments like that don't exactly get you kudos on this particular forum. We like to keep at least an image of being informed members of society.

Not to be insensitive, but not really that big of a surprise these days.

Also

False, false, false, aaaaaaaaaaaaand false.

Ignorant xenophobic comments like that don't exactly get you kudos on this particular forum. We like to keep at least an image of being informed members of society.

No it not a surprise unfortunately. Just sad news.

People like these class A morons who blame it on religion, just are giving that religion a very bad name.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Meh things like this happen there everyday 

Although I do not agree with the rest of your comment, That is one big issue.

It's one thing to have a disaster happening close to home and to "mourn" for the lives lost, Its another to try and do the same for people half a world away.

It's just a bunch of numbers and facts about something far away, and the more you hear things like it, the more you unconsciously label it as less-important.

I do wonder if there ever will be peace in that area  :(

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

No it not a surprise unfortunately. Just sad news.

People like these class A morons who blame it on religion, just are giving that religion a very bad name.

I love it when people like news reporters use the phrase "Islamic countries", because it's a gigantic blanket statement that is entirely false in terms of who is to blame. It pisses off everyone, including me, but I lick up this stuff like candy because it's just hilarious how ignorant people can be. Also kind of lowers my faith in humanity to levels heretofore unknown to mathematics.

It's one thing to have a disaster happening close to home and to "mourn" for the lives lost, Its another to try and do the same for people half a world away.

It's just a bunch of numbers and facts about something far away, and the more you hear things like it, the more you unconsciously label it as less-important.

as long as there is a group of people willing to kill for salvation...

And before anyone dares say the word "Jihadist"... I will go postal if someone does...

as long as there is a group of people willing to kill for salvation...

And before anyone dares say the word "Jihadist"... I will go postal if someone does...

Oh, I love the Jihadist excuse. It even rattles my cage when someone uses that term in a game. 

Such an ignorant way to keep pushing the blame onto one portion of the population. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I very highly doubt peace will ever settle in that part of the world.

I love it when people like news reporters use the phrase "Islamic countries", because it's a gigantic blanket statement that is entirely false in terms of who is to blame. It pisses off everyone, including me, but I lick up this stuff like candy because it's just hilarious how ignorant people can be. Also kind of lowers my faith in humanity to levels heretofore unknown to mathematics.

Very true. Sad but true.....

Oh, I love the Jihadist excuse. It even rattles my cage when someone uses that term in a game. 

Such an ignorant way to keep pushing the blame onto one portion of the population. 

whenever someone says "Jihadist", I wonder if that person actually knows anything about what it actually means in either literal meaning or religious concept?

I very highly doubt peace will ever settle in that part of the world.

Pakistan is actually on track right now, places like Syria are where ISIS is most dominant.

I have high hopes for Pakistan to do well in the next few years, I think they will. Unfortunately, it seems like most people in the US/Western world is ignorant and thinks everybody in the Middle East are terrorists.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

whenever someone says "Jihadist", I wonder if that person actually knows anything about what it actually means in either literal meaning or religious concept?

I doubt they'd even know what Greater and Lesser Jihad is, or even what Jihad is referring to. It really amazes me that people, mainly the media, especially in western countries can get away with this. Well, the obvious ignorance they spread when broadcasting the news. 

I doubt they'd even know what Greater and Lesser Jihad is, or even what Jihad is referring to. It really amazes me that people, mainly the media, especially in western countries can get away with this. Well, the obvious ignorance they spread when broadcasting the news. 

Hey, the news corporations don't care, they're making bank off of all the publicity and fear that they create. Politicians, too. I wonder how many members of the US Senate or Congress mindlessly live in fear and mistrust of anyone from the Middle East without knowing why and why not?

I was quite surprised to hear about this, from what I've heard Pakistan is an improving country, for god's sake they even have a Pizza Hut.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

We have members in Pakistan, I hope they are all ok.

This kind of attack is horrible regardless of where on the map it takes place.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro