Naughty Dog shows photo-realistic Nathan Drake

TwistedDictator

uc4-drake-1-635x361.png

uc4-drake-2-635x357.pngDrakeEyes-GIF.gif

drake01-GIF.gif

Source

More cool images at the source!

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

It is impressive, but not photorealistic.

Also, what hardware/engine is gonna run this?

You can't run this on your consoles, nor on the GTX9xx

Maybe with DX12 we might have shot, but even that seems opptimistic

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

They have some balls doing this after downgrading the game from the trailer

uncharted4.jpg

And I say this with Naughty Dog being my absolute favorite game dev of all time. 

Edit ninjad

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

@ahhming Pretty much true! I hate when companies do this.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

He looks NOTHING like that in-game.

Those shots are clearly above 1080p or have some insane supersampling AA, they are in-engine shots, not ingame, not even the cutscenes look like that.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Holy crap, is that downgrade in visuals legit? 

Its Killzone 3 levels of bullshit all over again! 

Yea, I attribute this to the PS4 and sony mainly. This is something I posted on reddit that got a lot of nods

I'll give Naughty Dog a pass. Jak 2 was on the PS2, was open world without loading screen, ran at 60 fps, and was well beyond what a PS2 should be capable of. They even used the PS1 processor to do some background processing.

Looking at their games, Naughty Dog has always had the best optimization. Sure they are a peasant exclusive, but they take that peasant box and stretched it beyond its limits. I appreciate game developers who go the the effort to make their games look and run the best they can while performing the best it can. It's a basic thing that so many companies really don't do. I would much rather play a console Naughty Dog game than a PC Ubisoft game.

I support game developers who release finished and optimized games that work on launch, even if they are peasant exclusives.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

they could of rendered the trailer from a PS4, but not in real time. they could be telling the truth.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

This is Nathan Drake from Uncharted, a PlayStation exclusive.

Uncharted 4 is PS4 only I think, pretty sure not for PS3 and def not for anything else

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well we all know what game we want Naughty Dog to hurry up and make.... Crash Bandicoot!

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well we all know what game we want Naughty Dog to hurry up and make.... Crash Bandicoot!

Those devs and days are gone unfortunately. They tried to make a Jak 4 concept, but these thick skulls wanted to bring him back uncharted style. They gave up because they couldn't figure out a relistic character concept that didn't involve daxter looking like a rat or a beast.

They tried to make Jak and Daxter real and gritty

I died a little.

muh specs 

All parts black

i swear i dunno wth they haven't made another, though i will say ND wouldn't be the best developer for it since they changed a lot going from ps2 to ps3 not just the type of games they make but internally, perhaps the same guys that did little big planet could step in

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Are those in-game or just pre-rendered?

Nothing new if prerendered.

tumblr_ng1r4nBb4Y1qatzh4o1_1280.jpg

We've had more realistic CGI for years.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's all in real time with the AMD mobile CPU with a nerfed 7870 on die and 8 GB of GEEE DEE DEE RRRR 5 ram technology

muh specs 

All parts black

Wow that is one nice picture of hugh jackman.

OT: should make for some entertaining cutscenes :)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Those pictures are taken from the Engine Editor...which runs on fucking PC with high end computing GPUs...i'm even sure that those are above 1080p, or have some sort of supersampling AA to look that crisp.

Not even their cutscenes show that much detail, it's transparent BS.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Vray != Game engine

The render engine adds a lot of detail like wetness, subsurface scattering, imperfections, etc that come out when you bring the model with its maps into the game engine. 

Source: I do this stuff on occasion 

8IF06MZ.jpg

Trailer. Because conslow users know what trailer means. When PS3 came out many people bought it as a cheap Blue-Ray player and peasants think PS4 played this in-game... Wow I'd think even they would know their PS4 conslow can play a video. Sony may as well have played a video of Crysis 3 maxed out at 4k and the customers would believe it was gameplay.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

nor gtx 9xx? You crazy boy? We have had crysis 3 for a while which looks very similar and even a gtx 780 can run that 60 fps maxed out with SMAA. However the gameplay they showed clearly tells us Uncharted will looking nothing like this and those models will be for cutscenes only.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Dafuq

DrakeEyes-GIF.gif

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

nor gtx 9xx? You crazy boy? We have had crysis 3 for a while which looks very similar and even a gtx 780 can run that 60 fps maxed out with SMAA. However the gameplay they showed clearly tells us Uncharted will looking nothing like this and those models will be for cutscenes only.

Yeah that facial stuff in Crysis 3 was very impressive, I recently replayed it, but this is still a bit better. And something I forgot in my first post, this is console exclusive, and they are just not powerful enough to pull of this kind of graphics. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

8IF06MZ.jpg

Hey should just release it on PC. They could actually make games look like the trailers because, well, console hardware limitations

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10|