Why do people hate Apple?

So basically,

As Linus outlined in the Hackintosh build, Apple are not /that/ expensive for what you get. You pay for great quality products and good performance for most tasks (gaming not being one of them)

What i'm asking is why do people hate on Apple so much, I personally believe they are a great choice to go with if you want an easy life and you are a creator or editor.

Discuss, minions.

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

Because people like to look at just numbers. 

build quality/RnD aren't numbers, and battery life/resolution aren't considered by most people. 

And because most people who buy Apple products buy them because they're made by Apple and therefore better -- those people suck. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

build quality/RnD aren't numbers, and battery life/resolution aren't considered by most people. 

idek what this is supposed to mean. My HP EliteBook is more solid then any MacBook that I've used, has better battery life, and who needs >1080p on a 15" screen that's 3-4 feet away from your face

"Rawr XD"

We don't hate apple, we hate apple fanboys.

The apple followers who refuse to accept that apple is not better for gaming.

The ones who think apple is cheaper than building a PC.

The ones who think the 4790k inside their mac is actually worth the price even though it cannot be overclocked.

The ones who think they need a 5k display for web browsing.

The ones who believe apple is "better at multitasking"

The ones who buy a new phone even though they dont need one just because 6 is a bigger number than 5

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I guess the majority of people who hate apple are the people that really like technology and like customizability that apple just doesnt have which makes them say things like "why would you pay that much if you cant even play games" and things like that

So basically,

As Linus outlined in the Hackintosh build, Apple are not /that/ expensive for what you get. You pay for great quality products and good performance for most tasks (gaming not being one of them)

What i'm asking is why do people hate on Apple so much, I personally believe they are a great choice to go with if you want an easy life and you are a creator or editor.

Discuss, minions.

They may be good quality, but the hardware is subpar, and you pay a premium for what you got.

My biggest issue is the OS. Compatibility is such a big problem.

It makes things easy. We're not in this forum, to make things easy. We're here because (most) are enthusiasts.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

It boils down to three things:

1. Their products are subjectively overpriced, and to me, they are.

2. Their ecosystem is closed and they may practice planned obsolescence. Even moving to a new device is annoying. I backed up my mother's iPhone 5 to switch to a 6 Plus, and the iCloud backup missed a lot of images and videos. iOS to Android users also reported issues with SMSes not sending for years, of which Apple just fixed.

3. The fanboys and haters are fucking annoying.

Let's put it down to this. They're overpriced, they're closed and they're inherintly difficult while also being easy. And this is all coming from a long-time Apple user.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Locked down, overpriced, overhyped, shiny crap.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It makes things easy. We're not in this forum, to make things easy. We're here because (most) are enthusiasts.

I totally agree with you here... Apple is a quick and easy way to get a nice looking machine which has slightly over average performance.

I however would never buy an Apple product... I'm a tinkerer and an enthusiast and the restraint just doesn't appeal to me. But it's no reason for me to dislike Apple for what they do. I kinda respect them. Their branding is out of this world.

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

idek what this is supposed to mean. My HP EliteBook is more solid then any MacBook that I've used, has better battery life, and who needs >1080p on a 15" screen that's 3-4 feet away from your face

Of all the laptops I've owned/handled (which is a lot -- although I can't say I've handled that specific one) my mac has always felt sturdier. As for battery life, I've also found that my mac maintained a charge MUCH better than my Dell did (unfortunately, I can't really compare how my mac holds a charge against other laptops that I've handled as god knows they were probably treated like shit). And as for the resolution, it makes a HUGE difference. Going from a 1080p display to the 1600p display on my 15" MBP was such a massive improvement. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Apple computers are really nice but they are not for everyone. I have a late 2013 Macbook pro that was manufactured in June with the 15 inch retina display 2.3ghz i7, 16 gigs of ram, and a 512gb ssd. I'll admit its an amazing computer but it was forced on me by the college I just transfered out of. I was attending Full Sail University for a bachelors in video game design and development but in my opinion that school is a joke. Anyways back on topic they made me purchase what is called project launchbox which is this Mac along with Word for Mac 2010, 3 year lojack for mac sub, and a 3 year extended apple care warranty for $3,000. But now that I am going to a different their programs and systems are not compatible with Mac and they keep trying to push me to purchase a Dell so my plan is to build my computer in February and sell my Mac i figure if i can make $1,500 on it back it will pay for my new rig. But in all Macs are amazing if you intend to use them for any kind of content creation but for gaming they are far to restrictive because you can not upgrade them.

We don't hate Apple, we just hate the people who make topics about why people hate Apple.

I see what you did there. I respect Apple but i'm more of a tinkerer and enthusiast myself.

It boils down to three things:

2. Their ecosystem is closed and they may practice planned obsolescence. Even moving to a new device is annoying. I backed up my mother's iPhone 5 to switch to a 6 Plus, and the iCloud backup missed a lot of images and videos. iOS to Android users also reported issues with SMSes not sending for years, of which Apple just fixed.

Let's put it down to this. They're overpriced, they're closed and they're inherintly difficult while also being easy. And this is all coming from a long-time Apple user.

I've actually never had that issue and when switching back and forth between iOS and Android. And that same closed ecosystem does have some pluses -- being able to send and receive ANY call or text and being able to continue doing something on any device is very convenient. 

And it really depends how you define overpriced. For straight specs they're overpriced, but if you consider the extra cost from developing and maintaining their own OS as well as designing a lot of products/components in house, and using components like PCIE ssds, calibrated high resolution monitors, maintaining an actually useful US-based customer service department 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Because they are patent trolls who take other's ideas and call them their own

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

And because most people who buy Apple products buy them because they're made by Apple and therefore better -- those people suck. 

While we're on about resolution, the Macbook Air and Surface Pro 3 are about the same price - except one has a 1440p screen (instead of a 720p screen) and one has a touchscreen (instead of a non-touchscreen).

Now I was an apple user for most of my life, but it's weird how they can get away with 720p in 2014 for the price they do.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

We don't hate apple, we hate apple fanboys.

Pretty much :)

I used to hate on apple for the price, but then I realised the quality of their products and design decisions that influence the price etc.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

While we're on about resolution, the Macbook Air and Surface Pro 3 are about the same price - except one has a 1440p screen (instead of a 720p screen) and one has a touchscreen (instead of a non-touchscreen).

Now I was an apple user for most of my life, but it's weird how they can get away with 720p in 2014 for the price they do.

Yea, I don't really consider the air to be a decent value -- I'm more referring to the 5k iMac and rMBPs.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Pretty much :)

I used to hate on apple for the price, but then I realised the quality of their products and design decisions that influence the price etc.

Hell apple was the first company to incorporate a full aluminum body into their laptops which now is a major selling point for most newer laptops but apple has been doing it since 2006 i believe. But one major downside to Macbook pro's being full aluminum is they run extremely hot and the keyboard gets way to hot for comfort since it makes my hands sweat. But that is easily solved by downloading a program called Smfancontrol which allows you to ramp up the fans from their stock 900rpm up to as far as 6200rpms me personally i found a comfortable point to be 2400rpms since its not noisy at all and keeps temps to between 30-40 degrees celsius even under heavy load. Before i found that program temps were constantly creeping upwards of 70. 

It's a bandwagon tbh. Apple usually has the best build quality and their software is more efficient than competitors (if a bit 'locked down' - run boot camp and stop bitching) so they don't need really grunty hardware. Also their business practises aren't liked, and while you get better build quality and great battery life compared to competitors they're just plain overpriced.

With Apple they want you to be in an ecosystem with other iDevices - at least it's a good ecosystem compared to other ones in the market. Actually many people have Apple computers and Android devices and vice versa.

IMO MacBook Pro's are the best non-gaming laptops. Great displays, great battery life and great build.

OSX is subjective so I won't talk about it.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

While Pavilions are shit, P8600 Elitebook running for 5 years soild. 

-Overpriced for the raw hardware given. (The same can be said for pc-builds, but who spends 2k on a pre-built on LTT?)

-No standard units which leads to such price - i.e laptop and server components for their entire lineup vs desktop. Same can apply for anyone wanting a Mac with more power than mini, but less than Pro that's actually upgradable.

-Pointless proprietary-ness (if that's a word) with needing special firmware on standard hardware like drives on some models.

-5k display being driven by anemic mobile gpu for iMac. Not like one would game much on an iMac, but for a company that prides itself on media creation, this is a shame. GTX 980 can't 4k on its own maxed out, can't imagine a mobile chip having fun at 5k. Shouldn't be that demanding on watching a video vs actively controlling things, though.

-The idiocy of soldering ram on certain models of iMac to force the user in going higher tier for even more inflated ram. That is straight up anti consumer.

-Being vulnerable in spite of claiming otherwise by themselves in ad campaigns and fanboys - please stop. 

-Niche software not being available. Not Apple's fault, but as an artist, the Japanese program SAI being absent is a huge no to OSX.

-For a premium product meant for content and media, the audio isn't anything spectacular. 

-The mouse.

-iTunes is terrible (opinion), drag and drop is the superior way to get media onto a portable device, not some convoluted system that wants to take over everything.

That said, I don't hate Apple products. The above are valid reasons for many. Actually, software you want or lack of is enough reason for someone to prefer one platform over another. The iMac is still one of the best AIO computers around in spite its flaws and Apple is known for having nice displays on the higher end. Raw power is great, but it also isn't everything. The overall build quality factors in somewhere. Apple does have some very anti consumer practices which will never earn my respect for them, but the hardware itself is beautiful. Take that for what its worth. Someone also mentioned the Surface Pro vs the Macbook Air with screen res. The reality is, 720-1080 is more than enough for a smaller display. My 24" monitor has a res of 1920x1200 and it really weirds me out small screens have higher resolutions since that's pointless battery draining and smallness. Want bad res for a mobile device? Look towards Nintendo. As much as I love Ninty, the 3DS resolution does suck.

While Pavilions are shit, P8600 Elitebook running for 5 years soild. 

Elitebooks are rock solid. Guess it's where all the money that HP cheaped out on garbage Pavilions went to. Yet everyone still buys Pavilions, and then give HP as a whole a bad name because of them. 

"Rawr XD"

Elitebooks are rock solid. Guess it's where all the money that HP cheaped out on garbage Pavilions went to. Yet everyone still buys Pavilions, and then give HP as a whole a bad name because of them. 

Yeah that, my Pavilion has overheating problems. BIG ONES. 

How much did that cost you?  I was eying that unit because of the slice battery option.  Did you get the slice?  What kind of battery life are you getting exactly?  How is the 1080p display?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...