Why do people hate Apple?

Of all the laptops I've owned/handled (which is a lot -- although I can't say I've handled that specific one) my mac has always felt sturdier. As for battery life, I've also found that my mac maintained a charge MUCH better than my Dell did (unfortunately, I can't really compare how my mac holds a charge against other laptops that I've handled as god knows they were probably treated like shit). And as for the resolution, it makes a HUGE difference. Going from a 1080p display to the 1600p display on my 15" MBP was such a massive improvement. 

I'll give Mac the resolution advantage over most PC laptops, but as far as sturdiness and battery life, it completely depends on the PC you compare it to. Like in the reply above, going from a cheapo Pavilion to an Elitebook is a HUGE difference.

"Rawr XD"

We don't hate apple, we hate apple fanboys.

The apple followers who refuse to accept that apple is not better for gaming.

The ones who think apple is cheaper than building a PC.

The ones who think the 4790k inside their mac is actually worth the price even though it cannot be overclocked.

The ones who think they need a 5k display for web browsing.

The ones who believe apple is "better at multitasking"

The ones who buy a new phone even though they dont need one just because 6 is a bigger number than 5

What, there is a 4790k inside a mac? Which one?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

What, there is a 4790k inside a mac? Which one?

This one.

http://www.apple.com/ca/imac-with-retina/specs/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

creators and editors need ALOT OF POWER

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

coz there are too many publess dicks on these forums.  Everyone is so wrapped up in being right or occupying the moral high ground they total can't see they are not just wrong but usually hypocritical about it too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

How much did that cost you?  I was eying that unit because of the slice battery option.  Did you get the slice?  What kind of battery life are you getting exactly?  How is the 1080p display?

Mine was $450 refurbished. Sadly it's the base model one, so only 4GB RAM (planning to upgrade to 8GB, one RAM slot free), no SSD (I will be adding one myself soon, as there is an M.2 slot), but most unfortunately it's the one with the 1366x768 screen.

I don't have the Slice battery, as the built in battery alone is more then enough to last me for the school day. Around 4-5 hours of usage in a school day browsing the web, putting together documents and playing a bit of SLRR. At the end of the day I still have around 30% battery left. This laptop actually does get better battery life then my phone, even without the slice battery.

"Rawr XD"

It boils down to three things:

1. Their products are subjectively overpriced, and to me, they are.

2. Their ecosystem is closed and they may practice planned obsolescence. Even moving to a new device is annoying. I backed up my mother's iPhone 5 to switch to a 6 Plus, and the iCloud backup missed a lot of images and videos. iOS to Android users also reported issues with SMSes not sending for years, of which Apple just fixed.

3. The fanboys and haters are fucking annoying.

Let's put it down to this. They're overpriced, they're closed and they're inherintly difficult while also being easy. And this is all coming from a long-time Apple user.

I dont feel locked down. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I really love my MacBook Pro for school. I know that it doesn't perform well for gaming, but it's what I've used for games since I don't have any other computer. That is going to change in the next week, however.

I personally will never use anything other than an Apple computer for my daily driver. I've been able to learn how to use the OS to suit my needs, I can work much faster on OS X than I can Windows, and all of my experiences with Apple Support have been awesome. That's not to say I hate Windows, I just prefer OS X because it's what I'm used to and what I like to use. I'm very invested in the Apple ecosystem (owning an iPhone, Apple TV, and iMac), so it would be very difficult for me to break away from it.

I really wish that people could just understand that everyone has their own personal preferences. I think that bringing up technical details with a basic user isn't the way to win an argument. If someone wants to have a $1600 laptop for word processing and web browsing, why do you care? If someone wants to have a $700 custom built PC that can perform just as well, why do you care? If it doesn't affect you you don't need to say anything.

Tl;dr: People have personal preferences, and trying to tell them their preference is wrong is stupid and pointless. If someone is going to change their preference, let them do it for themselves.