Sony starts hacking back their data!

XTankSlayerX

this ... this is illegal regardless

maybe laws in japan is different ?

is this info 100% real ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

fuck it, destroy them sony, take their dogs and shoot their cats

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Completely wrong. To operate in the US they have to agree to follow US laws. They could just no longer operate here, but that would be a very bad move. Its like what's happening with Google in the EU right now.

Not if it isn't Sony America that's doing the DDOS. Sony Japan is untouchable. 

Not if it isn't Sony America that's doing the DDOS. Sony Japan is untouchable. 

Completely different than your first post and still very wrong. It's the same company, different branch doesn't matter. Sony Japan is still part of Sony just like Sony America.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Completely different than your first post and still very wrong. It's the same company, different branch doesn't matter. Sony Japan is still part of Sony just like Sony America.

Not wrong. American cannot do anything if Sony is attacking from Japan. It would be up to the Japanese government. Idk why this is hard for you to understand. 

Not wrong. American cannot do anything if Sony is attacking from Japan. It would be up to the Japanese government. Idk why this is hard for you to understand. 

Actually it would depend where the target resided. If the servers they attacked were in America then the US police would investigate, if they were in Japan then it'd be Japanese police, UK would mean UK police.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Actually it would depend where the target resided. If the servers they attacked were in America then the US police would investigate, if they were in Japan then it'd be Japanese police, UK would mean UK police.

But they aren't. We're talking about torrent sites. As far as I know, no torrent sites are hosted in the US for obvious reasons. Forgive me, I assume that people can figure out the basic information. I didn't realize I have to spell everything out for everyone. 

But they aren't. We're talking about torrent sites. As far as I know, no torrent sites are hosted in the US for obvious reasons. Forgive me, I assume that people can figure out the basic information. I didn't realize I have to spell everything out for everyone.

Oh mighty overlord of LTT, all hail the all knowing deity /sarcasm.

example [ig-zam-puh l]

noun

1. one of a number of things, or a part of something, taken to show the character of the whole:

This painting is an example of his early work.

2. a pattern or model, as of something to be imitated or avoided:

to set a good example.

3. an instance serving for illustration; specimen:

The case histories gave carefully detailed examples of this disease.

4. an instance illustrating a rule or method, as a mathematical problem proposed for solution.

5. an instance, especially of punishment, serving as a warning to others:

Public executions were meant to be examples to the populace.

6. a precedent; parallel case:

an action without example.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

According to the article they are using Amazon servers to do the DDoS. Just because it's a Japanese company doesn't mean they can hire an American company to do things that are illegal in the US.

I am pretty sure this is not self defense either. When you start hunting someone down, it's an offensive move, not defensive. Especially not if it's been like a week since you were attacked.

According to the article they are using Amazon servers to do the DDoS. Just because it's a Japanese company doesn't mean they can hire an American company to do things that are illegal in the US.

I am pretty sure this is not self defense either. When you start hunting someone down, it's an offensive move, not defensive. Especially not if it's been like a week since you were attacked.

Yep I can't just say "Well, I was a victim of arm robbery, but I'm not going to the police I'm hiring some thugs of my own, I'll give em weapons and tell them to go get my money back, hey it's not arm robbery because I'm just getting back my suff! right?"

-------

Current Rig

-------

this is wrong and is never going to happen.... if they do.. they are just so stupid its not even funny anymore, they should just not exist anymore....

all that stuff that was stolen has been downloaded and copied so often now.. it will be on the internet forever. No amount of hacking will ever get rid of it... I'm thinking they know that so this is never going to happen. Same as that movie not being released, never going to happen. In fact more people will go see it now, so in the end this hack even helped Sony earn more money from the movie....

I have no signature

First thing that popped in my mind while reading this, just gonna leave this here: 

http://bash.org/?104052

<NES> lol

<NES> I download something from Napster
<NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
<NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
<NES> "getting my song back fucker"

Anyway, sounds like an hoax, I don't think Sony is stupid enough to actually try and DDos that group, and If they did, they probably won't comment on it.
But than again, I always underestimate how much stupid people there are in this world

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Hur dur Sony is a japanese company. It doesn't have to follow US law.

That may be true, but Sony pictures is an American branch. You would think they have to follow us laws.

Sure it does. They aren't attacking any US sites and they may even be using Amazon services in another country. North America isn't the only place they have servers. You're all assuming that Sony is doing this in America to American based servers.

Sure it does. They aren't attacking any US sites and they may even be using Amazon services in another country. North America isn't the only place they have servers. You're all assuming that Sony is doing this in America to American based servers.

It doesn't matter where the target is. DDoS is illegal in the US and it is therefore illegal to do it. It's the act of DDoSing that is illegal. Do it in the US and you are breaking the law, no matter where the victim is located.

If something is illegal to do, then it's the law where the perpetrator is located that matters, not the laws where the victim is (assuming there is a victim). You're not allowed to drink and drive through the US just because it's legal at your final destination.

It doesn't matter where the target is. DDoS is illegal in the US and it is therefore illegal to do it. It's the act of DDoSing that is illegal. Do it in the US and you are breaking the law, no matter where the victim is located.

If something is illegal to do, then it's the law where the perpetrator is located that matters, not the laws where the victim is (assuming there is a victim). You're not allowed to drink and drive through the US just because it's legal at your final destination.

A: No US servers have been attacked

B: Sony has departments outside of USA

That's the dumbest fucking logic ever. It does matter where the target is. It matters where the attack is coming from. You're assuming it's the US, which it's probably not (because it's illegal). http://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/ They have servers all over the world. 

A better analogy (one that actually makes sense) is that if you wanted to travel from London to Russia drinking and driving/flying the American's couldn't do dick about it because you're not in their country. 

A: No US servers have been attacked

B: Sony has departments outside of USA

A. Doesn't matter, see my post.

B. It's not Sony hosting the attack, it's Amazon.

That's the dumbest fucking logic ever. It does matter where the target is. It matters where the attack is coming from. You're assuming it's the US, which it's probably not (because it's illegal). http://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/ They have servers all over the world. 

A better analogy (one that actually makes sense) is that if you wanted to travel from London to Russia drinking and driving/flying the American's couldn't do dick about it because you're not in their country. 

My analogy makes perfect sense, assuming that Amazon's servers are in the US.

If you look at a map of ongoing DDoS attacks, you will see that the only attack from Japan is on the US. I can't really find any country where Amazon has servers (other than the US) which is currently doing a large scale DDoS on countries where there might be hosting their stolen data. I only see three posibilties.

1) Amazon is doing the attack from the US, in which case they are breaking the law for the same reasons I have explained above.

2) The attack only lasted for a few hours, which would have been pointless and seems very unlikely.

3) The whole story is bogus.

I am not the one assuming things. You're the one doing that.

A. Doesn't matter, see my post.

B. It's not Sony hosting the attack, it's Amazon.

My analogy makes perfect sense, assuming that Amazon's servers are in the US.

Yea, that's exactly what I've been saying. Thanks for proving me right. Your analogy ONLY makes sense if it's coming/going from the US. I've spelled it out multiple times that the attacks more than likely aren't coming from the US or attacking any sites in the US. What don't you understand about this again? 

Also, those maps don't show every ddos attack. They only show the large scale attacks. 

Yea, that's exactly what I've been saying. Thanks for proving me right. Your analogy ONLY makes sense if it's coming/going from the US. I've spelled it out multiple times that the attacks more than likely aren't coming from the US or attacking any sites in the US. What don't you understand about this again? 

Also, those maps don't show every ddos attack. They only show the large scale attacks. 

Yep and you are assuming that the attack is not coming from the US or another country where DDoS is illegal. You are throwing shit at me for "assuming" things even though I have looked into it more than you, and at the same time you're also assuming things.

Are you implying that you wouldn't need a large scale attack to take down multiple piracy sites? Because I am pretty sure you do. In fact, a few months ago the website Nyaa was taken down (anime torrenting site) and that was big enough to be clearly visible on that same site. I'd assume that if taking down 1 anime site is big enough to be visible, taking down multiple larger sites would also be visible. Don't you agree?

Hmmmmm.... Pretty sure that's illegal but ok Sony.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

ITT: Idiots trying to rationalize an illegal act by Sony. 

"It's okay to do bad/illegal things towards people I don't like" seems to be pretty common these days.