constant crashing/freezing

Originally got the pc off market place for 40$ with just mother board, ram, ass cpu which I replaced, and the hdd. I subbed in a gpu that i bought off my cousin from his prebuilt, and the build was doing pretty well for probably a year or so. That was until recently, I would be playing games ranging from anything from val to even basic Minecraft and would have constant bsod, freezes, and crashes. I thought it was my ram so I bought new ram to replace it a few days ago,i havent had any bsod yet but it is still causing games to crash just from something light like val. I have no other ideas of what to try to fix this, ive tried everything i could think of so any help would be appreciated 

build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9VyrjH

Can you tell which processor you are using as you told that you had replaced it. Other than that check your thermals temperature, check for driver update and check for malware and viruses

1 hour ago, Nikol Sahoo.. said:

Can you tell which processor you are using as you told that you had replaced it. Other than that check your thermals temperature, check for driver update and check for malware and viruses

ryzen 5 3600 with ryzen 5 3600x cooler

Is the motherboard BIOS fully up to date?

Corsair RAM is a hit or mis in an AM4 system.

EVGA W1 is a horrible PSU.

W10 on a HDD is terribly slow. This is the main issue. Get a SSD asap.

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

so realistically could these issues be from my hdd rather than my ram? bc i could return the new ram i bought and buy an ssd 

On 5/25/2024 at 4:56 PM, Jacobtalks said:

ryzen 5 3600 with ryzen 5 3600x cooler

Can you tell me your bios version.

If you are using windows 10 then

open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key + R. Type “msinfo32” and press Enter. On the System Information window, select the System Summary tab and then select the BIOS Version/Date option if not possible even simpler install CPU-Z and click on mainboard on the top and under BIOS section read and tell me whatever is written to the right side of "version".

And is there is any error note after crash.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 11:35 PM, --SID-- said:

Yes,for ram compatibility there is a issue.

Important:-your motherboard and CPU only support upto 3200 mhz ram but "I don't know if it is undervolting your 3600 mhz ram or not."

Note:-please check your ram usage as you can have any unnecessary software like malware or something running in background taking up lots of space by opening task manager after 5 to 8 or even 12 minutes of turning on your PC "with internet on" (happened to me also).

For hard disk part of you're using windows 10 then it will be slow but it depends on you if you could adjust with that or not.

Edited by Nikol Sahoo..
By mistake wrote ssd instead of hard disk

6 hours ago, Nikol Sahoo.. said:

Can you tell me your bios version.

If you are using windows 10 then

open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key + R. Type “msinfo32” and press Enter. On the System Information window, select the System Summary tab and then select the BIOS Version/Date option if not possible even simpler install CPU-Z and click on mainboard on the top and under BIOS section read and tell me whatever is written to the right side of "version".

And is there is any error note after crash.

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. P2.30, 6/26/2019 from system info

image.png.5c0a964b181c7b75ed629a812822f484.pngfrom cpu-z

6 hours ago, Nikol Sahoo.. said:

Yes,for ram compatibility there is a issue.

Important:-your motherboard and CPU only support upto 3200 mhz ram but "I don't know if it is undervolting your 3600 mhz ram or not."

Note:-please check your ram usage as you can have any unnecessary software like malware or something running in background taking up lots of space by opening task manager after 5 to 8 or even 12 minutes of turning on your PC "with internet on" (happened to me also).

For SSD part of you're using windows 10 then it will be slow but it depends on you if you could adjust with that or not.

also, something new ive noticed, is my disk will randomly skyrocket and stay at 100% usage for no apparent reason, even from just sitting idle

would you recommend to do a full  scan with windows antivirus and see if it sees anything?

2 hours ago, Jacobtalks said:

also, something new ive noticed, is my disk will randomly skyrocket and stay at 100% usage for no apparent reason, even from just sitting idle

would you recommend to do a full  scan with windows antivirus and see if it sees anything?

I would recommend to scan your PC through Malwarebytes

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

2 hours ago, Jacobtalks said:

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. P2.30, 6/26/2019 from system info

image.png.5c0a964b181c7b75ed629a812822f484.pngfrom cpu-z

Ok BIOS is completely fine. No need for updating BIOS.

4 minutes ago, Nikol Sahoo.. said:

I would recommend to scan your PC through Malwarebytes

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

If the software found anything after scan then immediately put it in quarantine and after restart open Malwarebytes and delete those.(As you cannot keep them in quarantine for long days as it will give 14 days free option after that it will ask for subscription,so deleting those nonsense software detected by Malwarebytes is a good option)

If anything like this is happening in your PC then there is an immediate need of scan through Malwarebytes 

IMG20240520172638_BURST001_COVER.thumb.jpg.19f843b1d23e1acf7aad7c12c68e73f2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 7:17 AM, Jacobtalks said:

Any updates??