i3 for recording and streaming at the same time?

Pahddy

Just looking for some help. I am wanting to build a new PC for streaming with OBS 720p @30fps and recording with the Avermedia software at the same time. Thus machine will also be used for light gaming along with editing and rendering videos on SONY VEGAS pro 13. I already have RAM that I can use in my current PC aswell as 1 standard SATA drive and GTX 750 Ti I purchased around July. I am willing to spend around £250-300 not including the RAM and graphics card I was thinking about building a mITX build in the Silverstone SG05. Thanks!

Honestly you'll be better off going for an i5, even if it's a "low end" (not that i5s are low end) one like the 4460.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

for all that dont get i3 i would get i5 trust me i have an i3 and you cant record and play at the same time without lag

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

Honestly you'll be better off going for an i5, even if it's a "low end" (not that i5s are low end) one like the 4460.

Alright thanks. This is something I was thinking about the i5 as well because I have heard a lot of good things about them, especially about the 4440 and 4460

seriously, amd would be way better for your usecase.

mitx wont be possible but price/performance is a lot better.

I have been looking into the FX series actually because a few on my favourite streams use the 8 cores in their PCs. I know I might now be able to afford the 8 cores but I hope the FX 6300 could do the job!

i5.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I have been looking into the FX series actually because a few on my favourite streams use the 8 cores in their PCs. I know I might now be able to afford the 8 cores but I hope the FX 6300 could do the job!

if you wanna game and stream at the same time you will benefit from the fx 8000 series, the 6000 series is too wreck for anything

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

if you wanna game and stream at the same time you will benefit from the fx 8000 series, the 6000 series is too wreck for anything

I'm not going to be stream PC as much but I will be streaming alot of console streaming using the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable Lite

If you want to use the iGPU for OBS quicksync. Sure.

Honestly I never knew that was a thing! I will look into that now!

i3 can quicksync,otherwise go FX 8320. 

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

If you want to use the iGPU for OBS quicksync. Sure. Who are you streaming for though, no offense but you can't even properly spell shit.

Foreign audience?

I'm in the UK so people all over the world using Twitch

Honestly I never knew that was a thing! I will look into that now!

It's one of those things most "get an fx8 series for streaming" people fail to recognize. You can use a nvidia gpu for streaming (GTX650 or higher) aswell.

Honestly, the reduction in picturequality won't be noticeable on twitch or even youtube. So CPU is pretty much moot for streaming these days.

it could.

if you can the 8-core on a discount, go for that one.

more cores will just help a lot when streaming.

The 8320 is 102 at amazon

Edit: fucking amazon changed the price.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream