Target Australia Removes GTA V from shelves.

Schoolofmonkey

Tony Abbott (Prime Minister) bans the internet and goes back to the more affordable Telegraph system beep beep beep :P

I didn't think it was possible for his approval rating to drop even lower than it already is.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Not off topic at all, thanks for sharing that.

---

To be honest, I don't necessarily agree with the level and context of some of the violence in games like this. The fact of the matter is; these games exist. They are being made and sold in stores and online. They contain a rating system and it should be the responsibility of the parents to regulate what their children are allowed to play and be exposed to, if they are underage. Plain and simple. Aside from that, many have already said; there is plenty of evidence/studies that prove violent video games do not create criminals or violent individuals.

Now here's my beef; Why is it only an issue because the game allows for violent acts towards women, and yet not an issue that it allows for (just as) violent acts towards men? Senseless violence against any human being is wrong, regardless if the victim is male or female. So why the special pleading/treatment/fuss as if violence against women is somehow more wrong or worse than violence against men? There are plenty of games that have/show pretty grotesque violence against men. In Sniper Elite 3 you can blow the nuts off an enemy. Should we pull that game from stores too, because it "promotes violence" against men?

Just to be clear, I think it's absolutely horrible the way women used to be treated and viewed by society and I'm 110% for equal rights in that regard.

Not sure I have a specific point to make with this post, more just sharing my thoughts FWIW...

yeah, well that is called the insanity syndrome... people see, what they want to see and make conclusions there...

Its the same thing that was with resident evil 5. The game events were taking its place in Africa and main enemies were black zombies. People were abusing it of racism and it didn't air until those conflicts were settled (it aired after that). However it was perfectly fine for this game to kill white zombies in resident evil 4. Whaaat? So just because we are in Africa and as it turns out by sheer comical coincidence, black people live there, killing them in a game would be racist? (and there were black zombies throughtout RE 1, 2 , 3 as well).

I think it goes down to majority and ubiquity. GTA is played almost only by boys, and most of the boys, when they wanna frag someone in GTA, pick a women. Same in RE 5, 90% black zombies, wo wo wo, racists. It gets easily spotted by other people and that's where it gets its spotlight.

I feel like a huge part of society should not be allowed to make statements and sues...

Tony Abbott (Prime Minister) bans the internet and goes back to the more affordable Telegraph system beep beep beep :P

Do you follow politics, read the transcripts and understand the political process? if not then you have fallen victim to the same misinformation that all of those who signed the petition.   You are only seeing internet hearsay and lobby group propaganda, just like half Australia did for every other pm over the last decade.  The problem is not the game, or the feminist movement nor the government, it is education in this world of instant information.

It is way too easy for a small group of people to spread their opinions wide and far as if they are cold hard facts,  and that takes advantage of majority of Australians who don't have time to research if what they read on the net or hear in the news is real or misleading.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I know that they use the guise of "feminism" and "social justice" and self victimization to further their own careers and make money, the same way that people like Al sharpton do. That's the problem here. And when I use the word "feminist" I don't think low-life, as that would be insulting to low-lifes. Instead I think of someone on a horse so high that they think they have the right or moral authority to judge and harass people based on the sexual content of their minds, example: Anita Sarkeesian claiming that Bayonetta was designed purely for the sexual pleasure of males. So what? Who is she to judge what someone else gets off on? I think that's called bigotry. Would she say the same thing about a homosexual gamer being aroused by any ripped male in a torn shirt in a video game? No, she would not.

What people think in their own heads is THEIR business and no one elses, when they open their mouths then others can comment. When they lay their hands upside another person, they can comment. Until then, they can mind their own business. What Anita and Zoe have yet to realize is that they are mistaking sexism for people simply hating them for who they are, which is a much different thing than sexism.

Hypocrisy, thy name is social justice warrior.

I'd make a joke, but I'd likely get called sexist for making it.

yeah, well see, thats the sad part. We had feminists first, now we have feminists of this generation that already have rights and things are equalized, and I dont know what they are doing.

And it's hard to decipher when a person is referring to feminists as women in general, or to those jacks that are trolling the world with nonsense.

But I think those 2 boys I quoted to were just saying stuff for the sake of saying it.

I see you know what you are talking about.

Lol, social justice warrior, me? I will take that award (I'm glad I'm not a keyboard warrior).

yeah, well see, thats the sad part. We had feminists first, now we have feminists of this generation that already have rights and things are equalized, and I dont know what they are doing.

And it's hard to decipher when a person is referring to feminists as women in general, or to those jacks that are trolling the world with nonsense.

But I think those 2 boys I quoted to were just saying stuff for the sake of saying it.

I see you know what you are talking about.

Lol, social justice warrior, me? I will take that award (I'm glad I'm not a keyboard warrior).

The problem with social justice warriors is that how long before your fight for "equality" becomes "oppression of dissent"? These days, all you have to do is disagree, even if done so in a reasonable, polite, and factual fashion, and you get screams of "BIGGOT, MISOGYNIST, RACIST, HOMOPHOBE!" etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Anita Sarkeesian claiming that Bayonetta was designed purely for the sexual pleasure of males. 

She needs to visit computex in Taipei lol. There are literally 2-6 beautiful women dressed in exotic, PC companies branded cloths representing PC brands in every booth.

meet the Intel chicks, a.k.a. AMD oppressors.

Intel chicks are actually lest exotic... Rosewill chicks looked like sluts...

computex-show-girl-3297.jpg

so that's what you have in a xeon CPU, 12 chicks...

well women do claim to be able to multitask better.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

well women do claim to be able to multitask better.

lol. Not with those cloths...

depends where. Had an event here, a woman tried to multitask her phone while driving... 2 people got rammed...

theres men murdered all the time in gtav too ._.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

lol. Not with those cloths...

that's a stereotype, how do we know they aren't super smart,  I'd love to shag a research biologist or neuroscientist that looked like that. 

Do you follow politics, read the transcripts and understand the political process? if not then you have fallen victim to the same misinformation that all of those who signed the petition.   You are only seeing internet hearsay and lobby group propaganda, just like half Australia did for every other pm over the last decade.  The problem is not the game, or the feminist movement nor the government, it is education in this world of instant information.

It is way too easy for a small group of people to spread their opinions wide and far as if they are cold hard facts,  and that takes advantage of majority of Australians who don't have time to research if what they read on the net or hear in the news is real or misleading.

I fear for you...

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

This is a good call, Australia is a nation of former criminals so I wouldn't be giving them any ideas. 

I fear for you...

why?

i may or may not work there.... it is ridiculous its just the middle aged mums that are bothered by this. once again target is giving into the minority just to please customers. i;m so pissed off about this i hope they burn for this. i also hope it doesnt start a trend and be banned altogether in Australia.

its my favorite topic, its just so much fun to make fun of :D

Good. For the most part it needs to be made fun of.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This is a good call, Australia is a nation of former criminals so I wouldn't be giving them any ideas. 

You are the best troll

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

K-Mart Also Pulling Grand Theft Auto V From Sale

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/12/k-mart-also-pulling-grand-theft-auto-v-from-sale/

Kmart is owned by the same company that owns Target, Westfarmers.

Man I hope Take-Two sue the ass off them for loss of sales and slander.

GTA 5 "Violence Against Women" Criticisms Spurs Ban by Australian Retailer

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-violence-against-women-criticisms-spurs-ban-/1100-6423950/

[uPDATE] Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has released a statement regarding GTA V's ban from Target Australia. You can see his full statement below.

"We are disappointed that an Australian retailer has chosen no longer to sell Grand Theft Auto V--a title that has won extraordinary critical acclaim and has been enjoyed by tens of millions of consumers around the world. Grand Theft Auto V explores mature themes and content similar to those found in many other popular and groundbreaking entertainment properties. Interactive entertainment is today's most compelling art form and shares the same creative freedom as books, television, and movies. I stand behind our products, the people who create them, and the consumers who play them."

K-Mart Also Pulling Grand Theft Auto V From Sale

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/12/k-mart-also-pulling-grand-theft-auto-v-from-sale/

Kmart is owned by the same company that owns Target, Westfarmers.

Man I hope Take-Two sue the ass off them for loss of sales and slander.

All 5 sales.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

To play devil's advocate for a second. They did advertise the game like this.....

B2sWBisCcAAcnrC.jpg

So they do have a point about Target trying to market the game towards children. Target does need to seriously rethink their approach to GTA, I think that's a pretty legitimate criticism.

Though removing the game from sale is still a step too far.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I think it's quite silly tbh, keeping their 'image' yet 'killing their image' at the same time.

Also,
this petition was created (IMO, funny, has a point, but won't get any traction obviously)

Stop selling "Fifty Shades of Grey" in all Target stores

https://www.change.org/p/target-stop-selling-fifty-shades-of-grey-in-all-target-stores

purely as a reaction and to point out the extreme double standards.

(read the comments, some hilarious ones in there).

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You get free WiFi in prison now?  ;)

For an hour of internet access it costs 6 beatings

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300