PS4 and Xbox have raised PC system requirements

OMFG! The Facebook comments on the bottom of the page have me freaking dying over here! Hilarious!!

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I fucked my hand to this o.0

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare recommends four gigabytes of video memory and eight gigabytes of system RAM."

WUUUUUT. Explain how i could run it max settings on a freaking 7850, then. Wtf is this noob site?

Both of my 660s shouldn't be able to max it at high then 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

xD I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. There is an argument for what their article is titled, but they didn't make it, and their examples are terrible.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Well, the article (so far, I haven't finished the whole thing, it's almost too long) so far is correct.   How?

Because it's comparing manufactured PCs to manufactured consoles.      Prices between those two are hugely different.  The dollar doesn't seem to go as far on a pre-built PC from one of the major manufacturers.     

The reason its a bit absurd to communities such as this forum is because all you fellas build your own.  And it's part of the game that building your own makes a better/cheaper computer.   So comparing what PC enthusiasts expect from a system is unique and isn't the same as comparing Alienware to PS4.   You gotta admit, the percentage of the market that does build their own isn't that big.  So most articles like that aren't written for folks like us. 

(PS4's going rate for the season seems to be $350.  It's a damn fine computer for $350)

Well, the article (so far, I haven't finished the whole thing, it's almost too long) so far is correct.   How?

Because it's comparing manufactured PCs to manufactured consoles.      Prices between those two are hugely different.  The dollar doesn't seem to go as far on a pre-built PC from one of the major manufacturers.     

The reason its a bit absurd to communities such as this forum is because all you fellas build your own.  And it's part of the game that building your own makes a better/cheaper computer.   So comparing what PC enthusiasts expect from a system is unique and isn't the same as comparing Alienware to PS4.   You gotta admit, the percentage of the market that does build their own isn't that big.  So most articles like that aren't written for folks like us. 

(PS4's going rate for the season seems to be $350.  It's a damn fine computer for $350)

Pretty spot on, because of how the article is comparing the consoles to overpriced Alienwares.

LOL

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

doesn't the PS4 have a GPU about equivalent of a R7 260X?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

OMFG! The Facebook comments on the bottom of the page have me freaking dying over here! Hilarious!!

I am not shitting you, I literally laughed out loud at starbucks reading them :P

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k l Mobo: msi z97 pcmate l GPU: MSI Gtx 970 4gb OC l PSU: CM V550 l RAM: RipJaws 8gb l Case: NZXT H440 l Cooling: CM Hyper 212x l Storage: Crucial mx100 128gb ssd l OS: Windows 7 l Keyboard: CM storm quickfire ultimate(Blue) l Mouse: Razor Mamba l Display: Some shitty samsung monitor

Quote,

"Console ports have changed the expectations of PC gamers within just a few months. At the beginning of 2014 an owner of any mid-range rig with two gigabytes of RAM and a fast dual-core or mediocre quad was assured solid performance in most console ports.

A PC with 2G of RAM is a mid-range rig in 2014. This article opens my eyes.  My rig has 16G of RAM. It must be a Super computer. :ph34r: 

Yeah, but R7 260X, like GTX750, is an entry level card. 

If my pc doesn't have enough RAM, I can always download more... can consoles do that? 

/s

"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare recommends four gigabytes of video memory and eight gigabytes of system RAM."

WUUUUUT. Explain how i could run it max settings on a freaking 7850, then. Wtf is this noob site?

Ikr? I had to double take when I read that.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

They talk about the system requirements for games these days and reference some of the worst optimised games we've ever seen. :D

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

At 2GB RAM windows partitions your HDD for memory access! (Windows Vista 64 bit and up)

Causing massive lag and drive failure.

Kinda always does that unless you turn it off...

So much cringe.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

LOL.

Its funny cos the consoles dont have dedicated graphics ram and it is shared with the OS and CPU. Also, the games dont run at 1080p 60FPS a lot of the time. 

Also, the CPUs might be advertised as 8 cores, they are very weak compared to a decent gaming rig. I think they are 8 half-cores like the FX 8000 line

The graphics cards inside are meh as well

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

This is such a trash article. Straight up whoever wrote this is uneducated and ignorant.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I believe it's somewhere around there. The Xbox One has something like a 250X. Whatever the 7850 equivalent is.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

LOL.

Its funny cos the consoles dont have dedicated graphics ram and it is shared with the OS and CPU. Also, the games dont run at 1080p 60FPS a lot of the time.

Also, the CPUs might be advertised as 8 cores, they are very weak compared to a decent gaming rig. I think they are 8 half-cores like the FX 8000 line

The graphics cards inside are meh as well

The CPUs in the Xbox One and PS4 are eight core Jaguar SoCs. Jaguar is a mobile architecture. They're clocked at around 1.6GHz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch