Fnatic forfeits match with LDLC

Si3Rra_7

There is completely nothing stopping LDLC from buying an AWP and sniping olofmeister down from the same places that olofmeister could shoot them. You know how a normal mirror works? If they can see you, you can see them too. This applies in CS as well.

Ehm, didn't you see him shooting between glitched no-clip-gaps on the map? So he could see their silhouettes but they had no way to see him.

Other than that, some of the spots were "fairly" open, but the spots that mattered were STILL spots that broke multiple rules, not just the pixel-walking rules. They're still not allowed to utilize no-clip glitched sections of the map, that SHOULD have clip. 

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Nice god spot you have there, i think i made my point.

LDLC realised it too late, that's their own problem.

Yes. The players in this were 50 times worse than in the actual match. When LDLC tried to do this in one of the later rounds they got killed. You can only see the top of the head of the player in the actual spot and it gives waaay too much info.

And even then the spot is illegal in two ways, you can see through textures and you are pixel boosting

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's an eSports team IIRC

I don't know why, some people said they are cheating or something.

They were using an exploit AFAIK.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I don't agree with this.

The spot didn't look illegal at all, honestly, it's one of those things that happen with knowledge of the map, much like other boost spots in Dust 2, Inferno and even Nuke. Overpass was a new map, fnatic found out about the boost spot ahead of competition and utilised it to it's full potential. What's wrong with that?

It does not quality as pixel-walking since the player's feet does make contact with the ledge when the model is facing the right direction. Pixel walking is more like in de_train's infamous ladder wallrun glitch where you are really running on air.

It literally says in the rules of Dreamhack not to do that. Someone else had an image of it, I forget who.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It literally says in the rules of Dreamhack not to do that. Someone else had an image of it, I forget who.

They were using an exploit AFAIK.

Yes. The rules in cs were always like this because all versions of the game had those bugs. You could plant bombs in boxes, drop bombs outside the map, walk on top of the map and such. And if you found one you did get punished by admins if you used it before, that's why there are general rules against those bugs.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

#BoostGate

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

Wait, what happened?

I  need some moar info yo

You know how in a bunch of source engine games you can get into places you're not supposed to be able to?

Yea, that's illegal in professional tournaments, and fnatic used one of those places to win.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

OK, so its a little off topic but have you guys seen the gifs of Flusha & Olef? Just looked through them and while most of the are really subtle and borderline might be/might not be one of them is so damming for Flusha.

http://gfycat.com/PoisedEssentialAllensbigearedbat#

See how it trails the enemy exactly for a few footsteps through the wall. Just in case you haven't seen em here's the full list anyway

flusha2a: http://gfycat.com/PessimisticGiftedConure <3c0Nz

flusha2b: http://gfycat.com/FlashyUnimportantAbyssiniancat <3c0Nz

flusha2c: http://gfycat.com/RashIllHerring#?speed=0.5 <3c0Nz

flusha2d: http://gfycat.com/MixedExemplaryGemsbuck#?speed=2 <3c0Nz

olofm2a: http://gfycat.com/ImpracticalShadyFrillneckedlizard

olofm2b: http://gfycat.com/NarrowDefenselessBeauceron

olofm2c: http://gfycat.com/WigglyMisguidedHadrosaurus#?speed=0.5

olofm2d: http://oi60.tinypic.com/2u4o6yw.jpg

flusha3a: http://gfycat.com/ElderlyRemoteDugong <3c0Nz

flusha3b: http://gfycat.com/PoisedEssentialAllensbigearedbat <3c0Nz

flusha3c: http://gfycat.com/DangerousAngryEgg#?speed=0.75 <3c0Nz

flusha3d: http://gfycat.com/ElegantInnocentBluemorphobutterfly <3c0Nz

flusha1a: http://gfycat.com/TeemingWillingFairybluebird <3pLH

flusha1b: http://gfycat.com/DirectRemorsefulArgusfish <3Vision-

olofmeister1: http://gfycat.com/CourteousComposedBlackbird

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Cheating degrades any sport it occurs in, regardless of being a real sport, e-sport, or anything else. How can you expect people to give you any credibility when you're on this kind of bullshit? Cheating is a dark stain that ruins trust people might have. 

Also, its pathetic that they are cheating at a game. Come on, how sad in life do you need to be to cheat at a goddamn game? Its practice. Its always practice. Gaming is no exception to the rule of practicing to get better and becoming the best. What a bunch of idiots. 

So the game won't be played and LDLC just won?

This would be the very definition of forfeit so I don't understand the confusion 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Please do take note that cheating and bad sportsmanship are not the same. However, in this case I would say this is closer to an exploit rather than a cheat.

Cheating involves modified game files whereas exploits involve taking advantage of bugged game mechanics and map designs.

In the context of pixel walking, I'd have to say that's an exploit and not a cheat. Exploits however, do go under the bad sportsmanship category and thus they should have been disqualified for it.

I'm not saying that disqualification is the right thing to do but if I was the organizer that's what I'd do.

Spoiler
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Motherboard:  MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi
  • RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Memory @ 6000MHz
  • Graphics:  Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Ultra W OC 8G-V
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • PSU:  Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O- Wireless @ 1600dpi, 1000Hz
  • DAC: JDS Labs OL DAC
  • AMP: JDS Labs O2 AMP
  • Headphones: Hifiman HE-400I w/ZMF Ori Lambskin pads
  • Soundbar: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
  • Monitor 1: BenQ EL2870U @ 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
  • Monitor 2ASUS Predator XB252Q @ 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
  • Monitor 3AOC G2460 PQU @ 1080 x 1920, 144Hz

i have posted this link before and i'm going to post it again http://www.hltv.org/forum/684463-flusha-busted

the evidence is right in front of our eyes and NO ONE DOES ANYTHING

Tomppix, I fail to see where you are going with this post. You posted a dead link and all I can see in this video, as well as the actual game that I watched, there was no evidence of cheating or otherwise found against this player. You may want to edit your post to provide proper evidence rather than just some hollow accusations with no proof

Spoiler
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Motherboard:  MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi
  • RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Memory @ 6000MHz
  • Graphics:  Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Ultra W OC 8G-V
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • PSU:  Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O- Wireless @ 1600dpi, 1000Hz
  • DAC: JDS Labs OL DAC
  • AMP: JDS Labs O2 AMP
  • Headphones: Hifiman HE-400I w/ZMF Ori Lambskin pads
  • Soundbar: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
  • Monitor 1: BenQ EL2870U @ 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
  • Monitor 2ASUS Predator XB252Q @ 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
  • Monitor 3AOC G2460 PQU @ 1080 x 1920, 144Hz

Please do take note that cheating and bad sportsmanship are not the same. However, in this case I would say this is closer to an exploit rather than a cheat. Cheating involves modified game files whereas exploits involve taking advantage of bugged game mechanics and map designs. In the context of pixel walking, I'd have to say that's an exploit and not a cheat. Exploits however, do go under the bad sportsmanship category and thus they should have been disqualified for it. I'm not saying that disqualification is the right thing to do but if I was the organizer that's what I'd do.

You can cheat without modified game files cheating is doing anything that breaches the rules of the competition so exploits can well be considered cheating at times.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Tomppix, I fail to see where you are going with this post. You posted a dead link and all I can see in this video, as well as the actual game that I watched, there was no evidence of cheating or otherwise found against this player. You may want to edit your post to provide proper evidence rather than just some hollow accusations with no proof

Did you even watch the vid? He pulls off a couple of awp shots straight through the smoke, and not on normal spots.....

Some kills, especially in the start weren't that bad, but others were really obvious.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

As little as I know about any of this, I'm still willing and hoping that people in part do put some fault towards map design.

I mean, if it's there, it's there. Badsportsmanship, illegal, exploit, hack, in the end it was still a part of the map.

This would be the very definition of forfeit so I don't understand the confusion 

First time I read it. Also dict.cc had lots of confusing translations for that word.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Did anybody else watch the group stage match between NiP and LDLC (28/11)? LDLC did something very similar; however, they just boosted SMITHZZ + jumped instead of sitting on the invisible ledge. Whilst they could only really see/shoot at the pipes, they were actually able to get an overall view of the map when jumping.

See here (6:40 mark):

So I'm very surprised that LDLC got so emotional over this when they 'sort of' know that general area/boost is a so-called "God spot".

Cheers, Sam

Stuff like this is why I will never considering being good at a video game a "sport" of any sort. There are cheaters in real sports as well, but you'd never catch a player standing on thin air to get a cheap victory.

Still, gamers should have better sportsmanship regardless and if anything, that map should have been barred from the start. If others clearly knew there were issues with this map to the point of asking pro gamers to assist, then that is a fail on their end for allowing it in a competition anyway.

Stuff like this is why I will never considering being good at a video game a "sport" of any sort. There are cheaters in real sports as well, but you'd never catch a player standing on thin air to get a cheap victory.

Still, gamers should have better sportsmanship regardless and if anything, that map should have been barred from the start. If others clearly knew there were issues with this map to the point of asking pro gamers to assist, then that is a fail on their end for allowing it in a competition anyway.

What about players intentionally trying to injure specific body parts? Or faking injuries? Or crashing an opponents car to win a championship?

Also the map should not have been barred. Dust2, Inferno, etc have all had their fatal glitches at some point. This is why tournament organizers put in rules to outlaw the use of these glitches. The problem in this case was that the Dreamhack admins did not immediately pause the game and investigate if this glitch was legal or not. It was clearly something never seen before and it clearly unbalances the map warranting this immediate investigation.

I was shocked how the people/commentators at dreamhack were just laughing when Fnatic was literally cheating live!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I was shocked how the people/commentators at dreamhack were just laughing when Fnatic was literally cheating live!

Wouldn't call it cheating to be honest. This is more of a responsibility of Valve and their game designers and programmers, it's sad that these kinds of glitches still persist, sometimes even on map remakes, maps that have existed for nearly 2 decades now...

These guys are in it for the money, when that kind of prize is on the line, you do whatever it takes.

You can cry on how it's not nice of them, but at the end they just want to take the prize home, they don't give a damn. 

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan