Fnatic forfeits match with LDLC

Si3Rra_7

Just announced on the stream ,

vqTBu1g.png

Announced by the Dreamhack official team right after Nip vs VP 's first map ( nuke )

Fnatic decided that it would be best to forfeit and they recognize they made a mistake. They will make an announcement soon.

LDLC goes directly into the semi-final with NaVi

Fnatic are a bunch of cunts for cheating.... Also how the fuck did they think that this would work out well? Everyone can watch a stream right? So everyone can clearly see that goddamn pixel walking.....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Wait, what happened?

I  need some moar info yo

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

So the game won't be played and LDLC just won?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Fnatic are a bunch of cunts for cheating.... Also how the fuck did they think that this would work out well? Everyone can watch a stream right? So everyone can clearly see that goddamn pixel walking.....

It's not exactly cheating , the screenshots are kinda misleading , if the player that boosts the other one looks towards the wall , his feet are clearly on the ledge , only when he turns away he is no longer on that platform . Phenomenon that happens in alot of games since the bottom hitbox is not exacly his feet surface.

I agree the bug should be fixed , but i wouldn't blame Fnatic for using it , it's just map knowledge , if LDLC knew about the spot they would have guarded against it or even used it themselves .

Yes

Wait, what happened?

I  need some moar info yo

It's an eSports team IIRC

I don't know why, some people said they are cheating or something.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Yes

Dang it I was acutally looking forward to this game.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

It's not exactly cheating , the screenshots are kinda misleading , if the player that boosts the other one looks towards the wall , his feet are clearly on the ledge , only when he turns away he is no longer on that platform . Phenomenon that happens in alot of games 

From a sportsmanship view point its still a dick move. And I don't know much about how exactly they did this thing so I dare not comment on if it was pixel walking or not, but from what I've heard so far it was pixelwalking.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

by the sounds of it, most likly where found to breech the rules therefore its a forfeit

Its all about those volumetric clouds

From a sportsmanship view point its still a dick move. And I don't know much about how exactly they did this thing so I dare not comment on if it was pixel walking or not, but from what I've heard so far it was pixelwalking.

I think it was not pixelwalking , also thanks for not chiming in like Linus and Luke raging at Fnatic , not even knowing the map was CT sided . They said that " They were doing great at 12-3 and they should have won " . It's quite often teams comeback , like navi and dignitas last night on mirage ( which is not a very sided map at all , unlike overpass ) , and NiP now on nuke

024970cab53d09f3a9bf502f2d1d8d2c.png

pixel walking ^ but after the thing happened people were saying it was now aloud but nvm i am glad fnatic forfeit and are out they did not deserve to win that game

I think it was not pixelwalking , also thanks for not chiming in like Linus and Luke raging at Fnatic , not even knowing the map was CT sided . They said that " They were doing great at 12-3 and they should have won " . It's quite often teams comeback , like navi and dignitas last night on mirage ( which is not a very sided map at all , unlike overpass ) , and NiP now on nuke

it was look at my previous post

024970cab53d09f3a9bf502f2d1d8d2c.png

pixel walking ^ but after the thing happened people were saying it was now aloud but nvm i am glad fnatic forfeit

in that image if you turn towards the wall your player's feet are on the ledge , confirmed it with a friend on an offline server , you can do this on any map where there is a ledge 

in that image if you turn towards the wall your player's feet are on the ledge , confirmed it with a friend on an offline server , you can do this on any map where there is a ledge

yeah but its still pixel walking

It's related to the news he doesn't care about. Called a joke or something like that.

what lol this is for tech news and he is completely off topic

fnatic why :(

"Do as I say, not as I do" - Linus

​Quote me in a reply to me so I get a notification!

Good , It was just bullshit tactics Fnatic used if this was any other team they wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Fnatic just put the nail in the coffin for me for CSGO as an eSports.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

fnatic why :(

Because they are being CHEAP!

AFVdPGT.png

Because he had a hard drive.

I'm not familiar with the esports world but I do find it Ironic that cheaters forfeit Dreamhack, If I was the owner of that event it'd be a competition to hack the NSA and then get a job offer from them.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I just saw a post saying

1) that rule list was from a different tournament

2) ldlc also used a different boost previous to fnatic doing it

because of this the judges have decided they should replay the match. Is that not going to happen now?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It is like flopping in a football or basketball game. Nobody likes it, but it happens and games are won because of it. Having an unfair advantage is (imo) part of the game, so you should be prepared to both know how to react when the enemy team has that unfair advantage, but also know how to "use" the game to gain an unfair advantage yourself. Tbh here, (imo again) Fnatic should have won, since they clearly knew the map better than the enemies and that's a big part of the game. That's my 2 cents.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I don't agree with this.

The spot didn't look illegal at all, honestly, it's one of those things that happen with knowledge of the map, much like other boost spots in Dust 2, Inferno and even Nuke. Overpass was a new map, fnatic found out about the boost spot ahead of competition and utilised it to it's full potential. What's wrong with that?

It does not quality as pixel-walking since the player's feet does make contact with the ledge when the model is facing the right direction. Pixel walking is more like in de_train's infamous ladder wallrun glitch where you are really running on air.

I don't agree with this.

The spot didn't look illegal at all, honestly, it's one of those things that happen with knowledge of the map, much like other boost spots in Dust 2, Inferno and even Nuke. Overpass was a new map, fnatic found out about the boost spot ahead of competition and utilised it to it's full potential. What's wrong with that?

It does not quality as pixel-walking since the player's feet does make contact with the ledge when the model is facing the right direction. Pixel walking is more like in de_train's infamous ladder wallrun glitch where you are really running on air.

You are saying a unintentional god spot is okay just because Fnatic knew about it and nobody else did? How does that make sense?  Thats like saying hacks are alright if the player knows how to sneak them into a LAN.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

You are saying a unintentional god spot is okay just because Fnatic knew about it and nobody else did? How does that make sense?  Thats like saying hacks are alright if the player knows how to sneak them into a LAN.

Complete asshat rubbish. Don't try to put words in my quote or warp the literal meaning of my sentence. I do not condone the use of hacks to gain any advantage in any form of e-sports, likewise for performance enhancing drugs in real life.

Something that exists within a map and can be got to by legal means is completely different from using unauthorised, third party software that assists gameplay in any way. It was a boost spot and a really good one at that, but it did not allow a player to see through walls via; non-drawn textures, shoot through walls/textures and/or god mode. If you watched the match you would know that olofmeister took damage when Happy and shox attempted to shoot at him, forcing him to drop the spot and defend the site normally. Given a couple more rounds they would likely have completely countered the spot and know where to avoid being sniped, they simply realised it too late.

There is completely nothing stopping LDLC from buying an AWP and sniping olofmeister down from the same places that olofmeister could shoot them. You know how a normal mirror works? If they can see you, you can see them too. This applies in CS as well.

I am very sure that the boost spots in Inferno up onto the roof at CT-side middle, Banana box,

or even Dust 2, B-site over the wall to Middle, Middle over Doors and long on the car over the wall

or even Cache, Mid to A over-boxes, B-site boost onto vents, A site boost-over-crates,

OR even Nuke, 3-man boost up to Heaven from yard or 2-man with the use of bunny hop, original boost spots in ramp up onto the rails were all not accounted for during map building by respective makers, these spots are found through extensive playing and studying of the map.

Dust 2 CT-spawn box boost to short? It was placed there to prevent fall damage from jumping down short. The height of the wall at middle and B-site? It was designed at that height for proper use of grenades, not for two players to conveniently stand on top of each other to look over and take others by surprise. The slanted roof at CT-side middle Inferno that can be boosted onto? It was made for grenades. Likewise, from the screenshot, the wall that fnatic peeked over via boosting is at that height for a reason. The map maker likely intended for it to be at that height to facilitate smoke throws to sewers and middle from inside the site. And similarly with other features of other maps, it turned out to function as an unintentional boost spot. So what exactly is the problem? Someone first found out and used it at a big tournament.

So what? No rules were broken.

What makes the Overpass boost different? Yeah yeah, unintentional god spots, indeed. Every spot is a god spot when you don't know where to look and aim.

Sure, it may have seemed cheap, but was it unsportsmanship or illegal? No. They used it once, and now everybody knows about the spot. It will just be another of those known boost spots that can be utilised if given the potential but similarly countered once the player is seen or the strategy is predicted. I don't see anything wrong with that. Like i said, Overpass is a new map, teams that did their homework studying the map, knowing boost spots and over-the-top smokes deserve the knowledge they spent time to learn and what's stopping them from using the best of their ability to win a tournament?

Before you start shooting arrows saying i'm a fnatic fanboy, i support Titan and NiP, KQLY being banned for hacking is indeed truly sad, but he deserved every bit of it. I only hope Scream is drafted back to his proper spot. Being replaced by a player only to find out he's a hacker probably dealt a huge blow to him. If any team is found to have cheating players in the tournament then they deserve an immediate DQ, but this is completely reasonable and within realms of the game.

pixel boosting is as old as cs is and it was illegal in all versions of cs and all tournaments, idk why fnatic thought this one is different. And it's not like knowing the spot does something, you can see one side of the map so t's can never go b without being spotted across the map and it gives to opportunity to hold a with 3 players, a site which is incredibly easy to defend with 2 people already.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Sure, it may have seemed cheap, but was it unsportsmanship or illegal? No. They used it once, and now everybody knows about the spot. It will just be another of those known boost spots that can be utilised if given the potential but similarly countered once the player is seen or the strategy is predicted. I don't see anything wrong with that. Like i said, Overpass is a new map, teams that did their homework studying the map, knowing boost spots and over-the-top smokes deserve the knowledge they spent time to learn and what's stopping them from using the best of their ability to win a tournament?

Before you start shooting arrows saying i'm a fnatic fanboy, i support Titan and NiP, KQLY being banned for hacking is indeed truly sad, but he deserved every bit of it. I only hope Scream is drafted back to his proper spot. Being replaced by a player only to find out he's a hacker probably dealt a huge blow to him. If any team is found to have cheating players in the tournament then they deserve an immediate DQ, but this is completely reasonable and within realms of the game.

Obviously DreamHack thinks that was unsportsmanslike and illegal. And seems your perspective belongs to the minority.

Nice god spot you have there, i think i made my point.

LDLC realised it too late, that's their own problem.

Obviously DreamHack thinks that was unsportsmanslike and illegal. And seems your perspective belongs to the minority.

Actually as you can see from the title, fnatic themselves offered an official concede given the huge furore about this. DreamHack judges deemed the boost legal during the match even during the 13-13 match pause requested and contested by LDLC.

I prefer to take a stance after some rational thought than let my emotions affect me, so i am not surprised to hold the minority view, the match was amusing to say the least. It looked cheap, it probably felt cheap, but it was not wrong to do so and it gave no unfair advantage to fnatic. They are in the tournament to win big cash, not make everyone laugh. If anything it was a match won by map knowledge rather than skill, because LDLC was clearly performing at a far higher standard if you were to only consider shooting and movement during this particular game. But CS is not won by individual skill or shooting, it is via a mix of strategy, map knowledge, ability and teamwork.

If anything, fnatic should be faulted for THIS

https://gfycat.com/GrimUniqueInsect

^ clickity click, occured in the same game. Now this is legit pixel boosting, rule broken.

Not for the boost they used.