Apple Tops $700 Billion Valuation, Fueled by New Products

Victorious Secret

iPr8bt6uwOZo.jpg

To be honest, I'm waiting for their bubble to burst. Rarely do companies maintain this kind of growth for this long without some form of major drop to "balance" things out, so to speak. But while this train is rolling, it should roll hard and earn everyone a boatload of money. 

And it is. Love or hate Apple, their ability to print money is what every company on Earth wishes it could do. Apple does (or should at any rate) need to start investing in some long term things like servers and what not. They have a little bit of that going with iCloud, and who knows if they'll be content on simply paying the likes of MS and Amazon to keep using theirs or if they'll branch into the enterprise space with their own products. 

Either way, exciting times for the tech industry overall. Its pretty amazing that a tech company is outdoing a oil company. Thats huge no matter who you are (though Saudi Armco has a hell of a lot more, and I doubt anyone will get close to them for some time) 

Shares (AAPL) of Apple rose to as much as $119.75 at the start of trading in New York today, giving the company a valuation of more than $702 billion, a milestone that no other U.S. company has ever reached. The stock ended up falling less than 1 percent to $117.60 at the close in New York, putting its market capitalization at $690 billion. That still gave the iPhone maker about 1.7 times the value of the world’s second-biggest company, Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM)Exxon, which has lost about $43 billion during the five-month oil rout, has a capitalization of $401 billion. 

Confidence in Apple has been growing since the company unveiled larger-screened iPhones in September, followed by slimmer and faster iPads in October. Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook is updating Apple’s core products while also pushing users deeper into the company’s digital world with the introduction of a mobile payment system called Apple Pay and a smartwatch that’s slated for release next year. 

“Given Apple’s significant portfolio refresh over the past three months, the lack of innovation from competitors and a constructive spending backdrop in the U.S. market, we believe Apple has opportunity to shine bright this holiday season,” Brian White, an analyst at Cantor Fitzgerald, said Nov. 24 in a note to investors. 

Apple has forecast revenue in the current quarter of $63.5 billion to $66.5 billion, compared to $57.6 billion during the October through December period in 2013.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-25/apple-reaches-700-billion-valuation.html

Apple is doing good now, but I feel like they are definitely losing market share. More and more people are using android :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

my issues with apple is not how much there companied is valued at, but how much of that money they just sit on and how much of it they take as profits. rather then investing in better working conditions, or better priced products they just stick with the same plan, yeah it works but its just not very ethical in my view to make that much money and do as little as they do for society.

my issues with apple is not how much there companied is valued at, but how much of that money they just sit on and how much of it they take as profits. rather then investing in better working conditions, or better priced products they just stick with the same plan, yeah it works but its just not very ethical in my view to make that much money and do as little as they do for society.

Apple knows that it can't keep going at this rate forever. That stock pile of cash will be very useful when the bubble pops and Apple needs something big right away to bounce back

Apple has been bringing manufacturing back to the US for some products for a while now. The whole foxconn suicide thing started that. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcquaid/2012/12/06/why-apple-is-bringing-manufacturing-back-to-the-united-states/

Fuck me, they're worth a lot.

I could never go back to using their products (OS X and iOS are just not for me, no matter how good they are for others), but Apple is doing well even after their 7-way stock split, something a lot of companies don't usually survive.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Apple has been bringing manufacturing back to the US for some products for a while now. The whole foxconn suicide thing started that. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcquaid/2012/12/06/why-apple-is-bringing-manufacturing-back-to-the-united-states/

again its okay but it is in know way proportionate to the amount of money they make and dont pay in taxes

again its okay but it is in know way proportionate to the amount of money they make and dont pay in taxes

That's the corporate game. All big companies do that. I agree they need to fix those loopholes but you can't hate them for playing the game better than the others. 

That's the corporate game. All big companies do that. I agree they need to fix those loopholes but you can't hate them for playing the game better than the others. 

yes i can because that game effects all of us. just because something is commonplace or the corporate culture im not going to defend them and im not going to not criticize them. otherwise we can go by your logic and just say to the banks that keep bending us over that its okay because its the way the banks play the game.

Why is it in every single <brand> thread, there's always someone who has to express their opinion about <brand>, especially when no one asked for it?

More like "fueled by their customers wallets"

xD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Good for you apple. Good for you.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Why is it in every single <brand> thread, there's always someone who has to express their opinion about <brand>, especially when no one asked for it?

Because this is a public forum with free speech.

If you dont want to hear anyone's opinion then you can go someplace else where nobody is allowed to say what they believe.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

this is literally a thread about how much money apple made, my comment is about how much money apple makes and what they do with it. i do not see a more relevant place for it

Guys most of apples stock value isn't from solid fundamentals. It's from investor hype!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

yes i can because that game effects all of us. just because something is commonplace or the corporate culture im not going to defend them and im not going to not criticize them. otherwise we can go by your logic and just say to the banks that keep bending us over that its okay because its the way the banks play the game.

All big companies do this. If you own anything from a big companies, you're supporting corporate greed. Get off your fucking high horse and be realistic. You're fanboy is showing. 

What bank do you use? Or are you a hypocrite of that also?

All big companies do this. If you own anything from a big companies, you're supporting corporate greed. Get off your fucking high horse and be realistic. You're fanboy is showing. 

What bank do you use? Or are you a hypocrite of that also

of course i use a bank(although its technically a building society), but i also drink water and i also use electricity, even though i dont support fossil  fuels. but if you cant criticise the ways things currently are then we cant change them.

and even a hypocrites arguments is still valid regardless of the hypocrite

Because this is a public forum with free speech.

Everyone's opinion is not needed to be posted on every single news post about <brand>. If Razer had a news post here from a member, it would be crowded with anti-Razer comments. It's so tiring to see and I have no idea why everyone seems to think anyone cares.

this is literally a thread about how much money apple made, my comment is about how much money apple makes and what they do with it. i do not see a more relevant place for it

ok mate

ugh is that guy seriously wearing crocs

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

ugh is that guy seriously wearing crocs

Maybe, it's hard to tell, but just be careful, you're not allowed to comment on the image people in line for apple products display.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Has there ever been a company valued at a trillion dollars before?

Not yet

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

of course i use a bank(although its technically a building society), but i also drink water and i also use electricity, even though i dont support fossil  fuels. but if you cant criticise the ways things currently are then we cant change them.

and even a hypocrites arguments is still valid regardless of the hypocrite

Criticizing a company for doing something but then supporting another company that does the same thing makes your opinion invalid and useless. 

A hypocrites argument is worth nothing. It's just words with no meaning, because they are a hypocrite. Hur dur. 

Criticizing a company for doing something but then supporting another company that does the same thing makes your opinion invalid and useless. 

A hypocrites argument is worth nothing. It's just words with no meaning, because they are a hypocrite. Hur dur. 

An argument should be valued on it's own merits, not on the person who provides it.  We should be skeptical of peoples motives but open and thorough with the argument.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.