Should we Post the Booth Babe Video?

LinusTech

and are you wearing short shorts and cut off? Does it involve being nothing more than a sex object? 

Since when are you the speaker for all booth girls in the world? They are there by THEIR CHOICE. End of argument. If your so offended by a girl showing skin then you need to rethink some stuff. If they were being forced I'd agree with you 100% but by not posting the video your actually degrading them because you make their job seem like a joke or something that should be insulting. They are at a show talking to people and displaying product. Sex appeal will ALWAYS be a advertising plan. Grow up.

I'm explaining it one last time, yes booth babes are there by choice, that doesn't make the sheer existence of job any less sexist. 

I don't see how that is sexist at all, i find it way more sexist that i am ridiculed at by some people here because i don't want to see a video full of women in skimpy outfits

I'm german so my Grammar is weird sometimes
please excuse that

and are you wearing short shorts and cut off? Does it involve being nothing more than a sex object? 

Nope, because that's not my JOB. I'd be a "booth dude" if offered the job. They are models. Plain and simple. If they have footage of models doing there job, what's wrong with it? 

"but it's sexist" No it's not. Calvin Klein hires men for their underwear ads and commercials. Is that sexist? No it's not. Get off your soapbox and stop trying to ruin it for those that want to admire the models that we couldn't see first hand because we weren't lucky enough to be there. 

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

As opposed to this: 

girls036.jpg

Please explain to me how she is being used to do anything other than add sex appeal to the product

Actually, the Superman guy was dressed like this

superman-costume.jpg

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Neither does a dog at a dog show doing tricks merely for the enjoyment of everyone there. Or dolphins doing tricks.

.....wait....do you really think comparing women to show animals is helping your argument? 

They are just Beautiful Women that you think anything related to sex  when you see them is entirelly on You and no one else. Same applies to Handsome Men. If you respect Women and don't objectefy them then you shouldn't think anything of it because they are not Doing a sex related task of any sort.

Sexism only excist because there are people out there who make it excist. If women and men are so equal who has any right to tell a woman what she can and can't do as a profesion.

.....wait....do you really think comparing women to show animals is helping your argument? 

Oh okay, so you're going Full on Ad Hominem now

welp

please excuse that

It's the principle. Those animals are only there for peoples' enjoyment, much like these women.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That's what she said:P

bit seriously, the showing of booth babes, I am torn. The professionalism of LTT drops with posting the video, however, the tech coverage was phenomenal from computex, so don't think it will affect anything (except Linus' marriage maybe)

My marriage will be fine. My wife rolled her eyes when I told her about the debate that exists about posting the video.

But hers is not the only opinion that matters, and I believe its important in being sensitive to the feelings and beliefs of the entire community.

It's the principle. Those animals are only there for peoples' enjoyment, much like these women.

holy shit I can't believe you're actually trying to argue that its not objectifying because they're there for peoples enjoyment

Its just a bit of eye candy to enjoy! Post it!

CPU: i5 2500k @4.3GHz  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU: Asus DC2 GTX 570 | Mobo: Asus P8P67 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green| OS: Windows 7/OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) | Monitor: LG EA63V x2 Soundcard: Fiio E10 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (browns) | Mouse: Corsair M40

was it slick just getting to dress up?

doubt it....but I bet LTT community would get a huge kick out of it.

Linus if we do a poll and 90% of LTT community wants slick to dress up (as a woman) in the next live show will you pay him to?

[optional]

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

And you keep repeating "it's sexist". Is that really helping your argument or does it solidify the fact that you have yet to make a valid argument?

"Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”

-Winston Churchill

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

My marriage will be fine. My wife rolled her eyes when I told her about the debate that exists about posting the video.

But hers is not the only opinion that matters, and I believe its important in being sensitive to the feelings and beliefs of the entire community.

Just post it unlisted

that way the 12 year olds enjoy it while people like me don't need to worry about having it in their youtube feed

please excuse that

And you keep repeating "it's sexist". Is that really helping your argument or does it solidify the fact that you have yet to make a valid argument?

-Winston Churchill

Sexual objectification is the act of treating a person merely as an instrument of sexual pleasure, making them a "sex object"Objectification more broadly means treating a person as acommodity or an object, without regard to their personality or dignity. Objectification is most commonly examined at the level of a society, but can also refer to the behavior of individuals.

They are just Beautiful Women that you think anything related to sex  when you see them is entirelly on You and no one else. Same applies to Handsome Men.

I don't think most of you understand the problem we have with posting the video.

It's not about the person's choice in job.

It's not about the moral choices presented to the person looking at them.

It's about what it says about our community (Not just LMG, but gamers/computer enthusiasts). This job is explicitly to get people to come to booths by using the sex appeal of women. Any other excuse is a lie you tell yourselves. 

Yes, booth babes are sexist/misogynist because the whole purpose of the job is to use women as objects of sex. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

holy shit I can't believe you're actually trying to argue that its not objectifying because they're there for peoples enjoyment

Do you look at pretty women going somewhere random?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

-Winston Churchill

Sexual objectification is the act of treating a person merely as an instrument of sexual pleasure, making them a "sex object"Objectification more broadly means treating a person as acommodity or an object, without regard to their personality or dignity. Objectification is most commonly examined at the level of a society, but can also refer to the behavior of individuals.

Trust me, we are definitely regarding their dignity and there's no way we can treat the person as a person if we never get to speak to them or chat to them.

I think it should be uploaded, private, different channel, I don't care.

Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and everyone should be able to express their own opinion.

It's not like the video is actually revealing something, women do these jobs every day. It's not just Booth Babes that 'put themselves on show'. I don't have a problem with Linus uploading it because the Booth Babes were there on a job that they signed up for and Linus and a bunch of other people recorded them.

Personally I don't see a problem with it being uploaded and I respect everyone's opinion. I guess Linus has the final say so its really up to him, regardless of the community vote.

And for people fapping over it, find something else.